Thunderbird won't get mail [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird won't get mail

kimo
05-06-2009, 17:23
I've been using thunderbird for email and it has been working fine, till yesterday.

All of a sudden, I can't receive mail. I can send but not receive. I checked the account settings and it all looks fine...no changes.

When I open the program or ask it to get mail, at the bottom bar...where activity is shown on the left side, where you can watch it check your various accounts, I merely see connected to (accnt name) and it just hangs there, no sign of movement.

I did a reinstall but it still is doing this. Any idea why? (I didn't delete TB for the reinstall for fear I would lose all my email files)

srhoades
05-06-2009, 18:02
Perhaps your ISP or host is having issues, have you contacted them?

IndyGunFreak
05-06-2009, 18:30
Perhaps your ISP or host is having issues, have you contacted them?

Thats what I would think.. I'm no sure why you formatted, unless it was just "time"...

MavsX
05-06-2009, 19:42
is it working now ?

kimo
05-07-2009, 05:38
still not working. Can't figure it out. I can get to my email accounts on the server through my provider but thunderbird won't download the emails. Funny thing is, I have thunderbird on my home computer and its working fine.

MavsX
05-07-2009, 11:34
firewall ?

KharToon
05-16-2009, 08:08
firewall ?

Yup, what are you using for antivirus software and does it have a firewall? unblock SMTP perhaps.