Help TBird Saved passwords [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help TBird Saved passwords

pascal
05-08-2009, 05:12
Howdy,
I use CCleaner always updated and just updated the latest Firefox. Suddenly the saved passwords are being cleared, where with the same settings on CCleaner and Firefox, the passwords were always saved. Know when I run CCleaner it deletes them. Can anyone assist, what did I do wrong, right, indeterminate. How to restore to original condition. Thanks for any assistance.
pascal

Tennessee Slim
05-11-2009, 12:21
System restore?

grokdesigns
05-11-2009, 13:23
CCleaner shouldn't mess with Thunderbird saved info...but just to be safe, add these files to your CCleaner exclusions:
key3.db
signons.sqlite

They are in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<profilename>

ETA: Looks like a new update of CCleaner is having issues erasing passwords from Firefox, might be related:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1227715&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

pascal
05-11-2009, 14:02
thanks for your responses and suggestions. I inadvertently solved the problem by unchecking the "Saved forms option" in Firefox Applications in CCleaner.
Now it's working. What is the sqlite stuff. This began to appear recently and AVG warns against it so I heal or remove unhealed entries. They are mostly involved with sqlite. Take care.
pascal

grokdesigns
05-11-2009, 17:52
SQLite is a self contained database used by FF, Thunderbird, and many other programs to store information. In this case, login information.

pascal
05-11-2009, 20:09
Hello grokdesigns,
Thanks for the info. I can then have AVG ignore them instead of deleting them?
pascal

grokdesigns
05-12-2009, 08:26
Hello grokdesigns,
Thanks for the info. I can then have AVG ignore them instead of deleting them?
pascal
As long as they are in a directory you trust, such as the Firefox or Thunderbird application folders, I would tell AVG to ignore them. If they're in strange locations like the Windows or System32 folders, you might want to investigate a little more.

I'd suggest running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malwareif you think you may have a spyware infection.

pascal
05-12-2009, 08:38
I'll check later, but they should be whereever Tbird installed them. I run Malwarebytes daily, so I should be good to go. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the help Sir.
pascal

grokdesigns
05-12-2009, 21:55
thanks for your responses and suggestions. I inadvertently solved the problem by unchecking the "Saved forms option" in Firefox Applications in CCleaner.
Now it's working. What is the sqlite stuff. This began to appear recently and AVG warns against it so I heal or remove unhealed entries. They are mostly involved with sqlite. Take care.
pascal
Just FYI, latest version of CCleaner should have this fixed.
http://www.ccleaner.com/download/version-history

I use Mozilla Weave to make sure my login info is always safe.

pascal
05-13-2009, 05:04
thanks grokdesigns,
I downloaded and installed the latest CCleaner although it doesn't show up as changed in CCleaner or on the downloaded install file. But worth a try, love CCleaner. As an add-on ignorant, what is Mozilla Weave? Thanks for the help.
pascal

grokdesigns
05-13-2009, 08:33
thanks grokdesigns,
I downloaded and installed the latest CCleaner although it doesn't show up as changed in CCleaner or on the downloaded install file. But worth a try, love CCleaner. As an add-on ignorant, what is Mozilla Weave? Thanks for the help.
pascal
Weave syncs your FF (and maybe Thunderbird...?) passwords to a Mozilla server. I use it because if you install it at multiple places, it'll keep your saved passwords synced between all of them.

pascal
05-13-2009, 09:33
Thanks again for all your help. Take care.
pascal