.iso windows 7 file [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : .iso windows 7 file

Jim1970
05-08-2009, 12:19
Hello,

I am going to try windows 7, so I downloaded the .iso file. I had no idea what to do with it -- so I googled .iso and found that I need a special program to run it.

I like free stuff that works well -- can you please recommend a free program that will open up my new OS?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

ReyFufuRulesAll
05-08-2009, 12:31
imgburn. That is the only one with which I've never had a problem.

ReyFufuRulesAll
05-08-2009, 12:31
imgburn. That is the only one with which I've never had a problem.

http://www.imgburn.com/

pkpss
05-08-2009, 12:38
http://www.imgburn.com/

I used the use nero for burning any ISOs but they became so bloatware that I moved to imgburn. Very nice program !

Just burn that iso, and boot from CD on reboot.

Sgt. Schultz
05-08-2009, 15:28
I used the use nero for burning any ISOs but they became so bloatware that I moved to imgburn. Very nice program !

Just burn that iso, and boot from CD on reboot. You should give Nero Lite a try ... http://updatepack.nl/category/nero-lite/

... Nero Lite is a custom created installer, a stripped-down version of the main Nero Burning Rom applications. The install file is considerably smaller and the program starts faster and runs smoother. You must have a valid serial to install it correctly and activate it, if not, it will not work.

lee2
05-08-2009, 15:39
will it work with vista?

Sgt. Schultz
05-08-2009, 16:29
will it work with vista?If you are asking about Nero Lite the answer is yes, I'm going to test it and see if it runs on Windows 7.

IndyGunFreak
05-08-2009, 17:44
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+burn+an+ISO&l=1

NGWT
05-10-2009, 22:02
Jim, you can't just get a program and run Win7. Well, at least not as you may understand it. You have to install it first. These programs others are pointing you to are utilities that will "burn" that .iso file onto a DVD which you would then use to install Win7 onto your computer. It would then be an additional operating system on your computer in addition to whatever you are running now. Either that or you could choose to replace your current Windows operating system with Win7.

There are several other programs out there that will allow you to install and run Win7 within it's own window on your current Windows desktop.

Depends on how you want to do it.

pkn.glock23
05-11-2009, 02:04
If a lot of this iso files and such is confusing try downloading Iso recorder it’s a very easy program to use.

RaiderRodney
05-12-2009, 05:32

Just burn that iso, and boot from CD on reboot.

+1 for Imgburn, fantastic little burning program ;)

ReyFufuRulesAll
05-12-2009, 14:59
You should give Nero Lite a try ... http://updatepack.nl/category/nero-lite/

... Nero Lite is a custom created installer, a stripped-down version of the main Nero Burning Rom applications. The install file is considerably smaller and the program starts faster and runs smoother. You must have a valid serial to install it correctly and activate it, if not, it will not work.

Imgburn is free with no strings attached, and is not bloated in the slightest. It also doesn't stick around if you need it uninstalled for some reason, nor does it try to take over whatever computer functions it can, like nero does.

ReyFufuRulesAll
05-12-2009, 15:01
There's another program out there that i love, called iso powertoy or something like that, but it doesn't work in win7 beta, and it can be unstable sometimes, which is why I suggested imgburn.

grokdesigns
05-12-2009, 15:19
There's another program out there that i love, called iso powertoy or something like that, but it doesn't work in win7 beta, and it can be unstable sometimes, which is why I suggested imgburn.
Windows 7 has built-in ISO burning. The tool you're referring to was built to leverage the CD burning capabilities of Windows XP to support ISO burning direct from the OS, so it would be redundant in Windows 7. However, I believe this post is about burning an ISO of Windows 7, not in Windows 7. I'd recommend ImgBurn as well.

Isaiah1412
05-12-2009, 20:49
I use http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm on a daily basis (I make a lot of bootable CDs for my job). It adds an option to burn an ISO to a disk simply by right clicking the file.

ReyFufuRulesAll
05-15-2009, 16:39
Windows 7 has built-in ISO burning. The tool you're referring to was built to leverage the CD burning capabilities of Windows XP to support ISO burning direct from the OS, so it would be redundant in Windows 7. However, I believe this post is about burning an ISO of Windows 7, not in Windows 7. I'd recommend ImgBurn as well.

the built-in tool is very poor (in the beta at least) - it wouldn't burn the RC for me.

MavsX
05-15-2009, 19:15
alright i finally got windows 7 installed. i had previously tried getting it installed via vmware server but got some error message saying i could only install windows 7 by upgrading from windows vista. But i also read somewhere that i could upgrade from win. xp.

And i don't have a spare box with enough hardware to run the windows 7 beta.

finally i installed vmware workstation. Which by the way is way better than vmware server. And the windows 7 RC 1 installed without a hitch. It is what i am posting from right now.

I like it.

Pierre!
05-16-2009, 21:53
Try Virtual CloneDrive

Easiest thing I have come across!!!

HTH

MavsX
05-18-2009, 17:12
what the hell is virtual clone drive?

is that like alcohol 120% where you mount the .cue and bin files as a drive ?

grokdesigns
05-18-2009, 19:35
what the hell is virtual clone drive?

is that like alcohol 120% where you mount the .cue and bin files as a drive ?
Yep. Wouldn't really be useful in this situation, but I use it for mounting ISOs on my Windows 7 laptop.

MavsX
05-19-2009, 18:10
gotcha

Gun Shark
05-19-2009, 18:12
post screen shots

MavsX
05-20-2009, 07:48
of windows 7 ?

Lotiki
05-20-2009, 08:01
Burn the iso to a cd. Windows instalations require restarts that boot from cd where a desktop program will never load, possibly freezing your pc.

MavsX
05-20-2009, 08:01
it looks like vista