multiple firearms purchase question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : multiple firearms purchase question

logistixz
05-09-2009, 14:19
ok, so heres my situation guys. i was at the gun show and i had purchased a firearm out of impulse as it was a fair price and i couldnt find a glock 19 at a price i was willing to pay. so fast forward to now i recently purchased a glock 19 at a good price BNIB and its sitting at my local gun shop just transferred in from where i bought it from. am i going to need to wait 30 days from the time of the gun show or get a multiple firearms certificate from vsp?

Broadside
05-09-2009, 14:55
If you have a concealed handgun permit, you won't need to wait. Otherwise you are correct.

Nicko
05-09-2009, 19:29
Where's the gun show?

logistixz
05-09-2009, 19:35
Where's the gun show?

i was talking about the most recent gun show in my area (nations gun show that was held weekend of april 24th)

Dan
05-09-2009, 20:52
Where's the gun show?

Thats what I was wondering! :dunno:

TheEggman
05-10-2009, 06:55
Did you buy from a dealer or a private seller? (IOW, did you fill out the Fed/State forms when you purchased the first one?) If not, then you should have no problem, if so, you may have to wait the 30 days for the transfer (CHP excepted.)

Stay safe,

wheelerG23
05-10-2009, 10:05
supposedly the one handgun a month rule applies to private sales along with ffl sales I found it somewhere on another site that was discussing some one buying private sales that may or may not have a CHP. If and when I find the reference I will add a link on here.

Reswob
05-10-2009, 21:53
supposedly the one handgun a month rule applies to private sales along with ffl sales I found it somewhere on another site that was discussing some one buying private sales that may or may not have a CHP. If and when I find the reference I will add a link on here.
Supposedly yes, but how the eff is anyone going to know? CHP FTW, anyway.

mlglock
05-16-2009, 08:47
Does my CHP allow me to buy more than one per month?

isnerbs
05-16-2009, 09:05

Yes it does.

gtrcivic
05-20-2009, 11:58
at the last Nations Gun Show, i bought a G26 and gave the guy my CHP as secondary id. I asked him why he wrote down the CHP info on the forms since i was curious. He said so if i decided to buy another one later in the day or over the weekend "i wont get denied and arrested" for the 2nd purchase. I knew i could buy more than 1 /month with the CHP.

Friday before the Nov election, i picked up 2 M4s Bushys and did the same thing. Guy said i could buy more rifles if i wanted since the law only applied to handguns. I would have if i had the $$$.

Bello
05-20-2009, 14:19

yes i picked up all 3 of my od guns at the same time same day