Glock Trigger Reset [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Trigger Reset

mansky
05-11-2009, 02:40
Is there a way to reduce the length of trigger travel before the reset for Glock pistols? Has anyone attempted to do a modification that will result to a shorter reset?

jimbullet
05-11-2009, 04:21
Its not that long and in fact if you observe closely, you dont really have to release the trigger all the away after first shot to reset it.

Putok-Glock
05-11-2009, 04:33
Ya, there's a way...buy a vanek trigger, particularly the grandmaster model.

Allegra
05-11-2009, 11:40
This is what I did to get the hang of my 1911 trigger reset dati

kalabitin mo yung trigger
Then while still holding it in , ikasa mo yung baril
Slowly release the trigger until it resets then kalabitin mo ulit
Do this a few million times
The nest time iputok mo sya, gamay mo na reset

glck17
05-11-2009, 22:11
This is what I did to get the hang of my 1911 trigger reset dati

kalabitin mo yung trigger
Then while still holding it in , ikasa mo yung baril
Slowly release the trigger until it resets then kalabitin mo ulit
Do this a few million times
The nest time iputok mo sya, gamay mo na reset

+1 on that Sir!:)

low profile
05-11-2009, 22:28
mansky thats easy, get a 1911 or 2011 :)

mansky
05-11-2009, 22:43
mansky thats easy, get a 1911 or 2011 :)

:rofl:I should have seen this reply coming from miles away!!!

thank you for all the replies. seems like no one has yet experimented on this... i'll do my own research on this modification...

hirap humanap nung vanek at medyo mahal...

atmarcella
05-13-2009, 23:08
hello mansky, messing w/ glock triggers?, i have a PHD on this subject hehehehe. anyways, you can adjust reset by installing an adjustment screw on the ejector housing, or in my case, i just jammed a piece of hard plastic inside and filed it till i was happy w/ it. the trick is.... sacrifice, why? bcos in order to really get rid of pre-travel you have to discard the firing pin block (cz does this on the shadow), if you dont, you will still lessen it but only a little bit.

atmarcella
05-13-2009, 23:10
IMO you dont have to mess w/ overtravel, but thats debatable, it depends on the shooter.

atmarcella
05-13-2009, 23:11
if you really want short reset that will put a smile in your face after messing w/ it, discard the firing pin block.

mansky
05-14-2009, 03:10
ishare ko lang ito dito:

Meron akong alam na he maintained the 5lbs trigger spring PERO was able to shorten the reset and "almost" have a 1911 feel to the glock trigger pull by just honing the very simple trigger mechanism of his Glock21SF.

Safe Action feature of the Glock was maintained BUT the trigger was so smooth just a twitch of the trigger finger would already send the next round out to its homeward destination. Result: controlled pairs that were 1" to less than 1" in spread...

May i add pati grouping of 10 rounds pasok sa circle formed by the tips of the index finger and thumb at 7meters!!! Ang galing nung "smith" na tumira ng mod na ito!!

BTW, the gun owner DIDN'T spend anything on any after market replacements for his unit. ALL stock (Out Of Box) parts pa rin!!!

OgenRwot
05-14-2009, 03:20
Any shorter and you're gonna get accidental double taps...

Allegra
05-14-2009, 05:15
ishare ko lang ito dito:

Meron akong alam na he maintained the 5lbs trigger spring PERO was able to shorten the reset and "almost" have a 1911 feel to the glock trigger pull by just honing the very simple trigger mechanism of his Glock21SF.

Safe Action feature of the Glock was maintained BUT the trigger was so smooth just a twitch of the trigger finger would already send the next round out to its homeward destination. Result: controlled pairs that were 1" to less than 1" in spread...

May i add pati grouping of 10 rounds pasok sa circle formed by the tips of the index finger and thumb at 7meters!!! Ang galing nung "smith" na tumira ng mod na ito!!

BTW, the gun owner DIDN'T spend anything on any after market replacements for his unit. ALL stock (Out Of Box) parts pa rin!!!

:)
kaya rin yan ng stock trigger w/ one session of practice lang
assuming the guy knows what to practice

MERCMADE
05-14-2009, 06:18
:)
kaya rin yan ng stock trigger w/ one session of practice lang
assuming the guy knows what to practice

+1oo..........

s0nny_g17
05-14-2009, 18:32
there are two types of trigger travel, pre-travel and over-travel
there's a lot of ways to shorten the trigger travel of a glock but doing so decreases the reliability of your pistol and sometimes it can make your pistol uncontrollable(full-auto)

here is my simple solution for reducing pre-travel and over-travel.

pre-travel
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/s0nnyb0y/10000_304.jpg
a small plastic can be used. make sure that its tight enough. doing this modification disables the trigger safety of your glock. putting too much block will cause your gun not to function and dissassembly problems

over-travel
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/s0nnyb0y/trigger.jpg
a thin plastic can be used then taped or glued to the spot where the trigger meets the frame.

atmarcella
05-14-2009, 23:56
nice! i like the overtravel mod. nice!

atmarcella
05-14-2009, 23:57
he maintained the 5lbs trigger spring

you mean striker spring right?

mansky
05-18-2009, 00:59
you mean striker spring right? Yes, that was what i meant

techno97
06-13-2009, 18:24
ishare ko lang ito dito:

care to share what he exactly did do to obtain the same? :)