East valley desert shooting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : East valley desert shooting

Kuvasz
05-12-2009, 16:05
I am sick of paying range fees for target shooting in a state with so much public land......anyone have any ideas for desert shooting in far east valley...east mesa,superstition mountains, etc.....do i need to get a BLM map and figure it out and will they harrass you if you ask at the ranger station?......thanks

AZGLOCKAZ
05-12-2009, 23:40
I would like to know that too, as well as legal areas in Pinal county.

Zonny
05-13-2009, 10:21
Take the Beeline then the cutoff to 4-peaks. Lots of shooting out there. Usually lots of mess in the way of targets (usually unconventional) and brass laying around. If the rangers come by, all they ask is that you clean up after yourself. For those of use who would like to continue shooting out there, please do so. We take a rake and a tarp and make sure to pick up objects taken as targets.

Kuvasz
05-13-2009, 11:00
do you mean in the four peaks recreation area?
the place where all the atv riders are?

I was told that is shut down to shooting so i haven't been there in years....that would be a great location..thank you

Zonny
05-13-2009, 13:08
Yes. Two locations, one to the right off the little road & one to the left. Not sure how far in as if I'm not driving, I don't pay attention.

Kuvasz
05-13-2009, 13:59
thanks..i'll check it out...thank you very much

Zonny
05-13-2009, 14:33
You're welcome. Just promise me you'll clean up or it's the last info I share with you!!! :supergrin:

Have fun!! Take lots of water. It's HOT :wavey:

Kuvasz
05-13-2009, 17:39
always......clean my own and usually everyone else garbage ...lol...i would like to think most of us are like that...i do really appreciate your answer...thanks again

Pima Pants
05-17-2009, 14:35
Here's an alternate spot: East on the 60 freeway to Gold Canyon. You will see a convenience store on the left at King's Ranch Road. Keep heading east a mile or two and you will see a road called Peralta Trail. Turn north (left) and enter the subdivision. About a mile in the road turns to dirt just past the elementary school. Seven miles in is the Peralta Trailhead but don't go that far. About 4 miles north of the elementary school are lots and lots of trails off the main gravel road. Numerous places to shoot. Anything closer than about 4 miles in is homes, ranches and stables off in the distance, so about 4miles in is good. There will be some State Trust land on the left that you also want to avoid on your way in.

This shooting area puts me on the dirt 30 minutes from my house at Dobson Ranch in west Mesa, so it's really not too far.

Zonny
05-17-2009, 15:13
This shooting area puts me on the dirt 30 minutes from my house at Dobson Ranch in west Mesa, so it's really not too far.

We must be neighbors :wavey:

pkdmslf
05-17-2009, 16:14
Go out east on U.S. 60 like your heading to Superior. Turn left on the Queen Valley road and go until you see the Hewitt Station Rd. on the right drive down the road until you see a spot you like and have at it.

Kuvasz
05-17-2009, 16:27
thank you......those sound great...only about 10 minutes for me to get past gold canyon

Texas T
05-17-2009, 16:36
How about for those of us in the Queen Creek area? I just moved here about 3 weeks ago.

I was at the NRA convention today and picked up some stuff from a couple of the local shooting clubs.