Flock, Opera (or NetScape) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Flock, Opera (or NetScape)

Green_Manelishi
05-13-2009, 19:36
Currently I use MicroSauce Interknot Exploiter, and Mozilla/Firefox as my browsers. I am considering testing a third just so I know a bit about it. In the past I used NetScrape and liked it but eventually moved away from it to IE.

So, which is your preference; Flack, Opra, or (old) NetScrape, and why?

phone*guy
05-13-2009, 19:41
Chrome...The fastest one I've used so far

IndyGunFreak
05-13-2009, 20:37
Currently I use MicroSauce Interknot Exploiter, and Mozilla/Firefox as my browsers. I am considering testing a third just so I know a bit about it. In the past I used NetScrape and liked it but eventually moved away from it to IE.

So, which is your preference; Flack, Opra, or (old) NetScrape, and why?

I don't think Netscape is available as a standalone browser anymore.. but it might be.

Opera would be a good choice.

Obi Wan
05-18-2009, 16:37
What's the difference between Opera and Firefox? I tried Opera for awhile, didn't really like it, but recently switched to Firefox to learn it because my wife wanted to switch to it and it seems to be the same as Opera. Yes/no... maybe so?

What's the "REAL" scoop on Chrome? I heard some "horror" stories for awhile and decided to leave it alone for at least a year like I do MS upgrades.

Does it take more processing power or memory than Firefox? My wife's laptop is somewhat limited.

IndyGunFreak
05-18-2009, 17:33
What's the difference between Opera and Firefox? I tried Opera for awhile, didn't really like it, but recently switched to Firefox to learn it because my wife wanted to switch to it and it seems to be the same as Opera. Yes/no... maybe so?

What's the "REAL" scoop on Chrome? I heard some "horror" stories for awhile and decided to leave it alone for at least a year like I do MS upgrades.

Does it take more processing power or memory than Firefox? My wife's laptop is somewhat limited.

Opera tends to be "heavier" than Firefox, but beyond that.. they are both MSIE alternatives (and good ones at that)

IGF

Obi Wan
05-18-2009, 17:46
Opera tends to be "heavier" than Firefox, but beyond that.. they are both MSIE alternatives (and good ones at that)

IGF
"Heavier"? More functions, or more laggard? :dunno:

IndyGunFreak
05-18-2009, 18:01
"Heavier"? More functions, or more laggard? :dunno:

They're both free... install them both, see which one you like the most.

IGF

Obi Wan
05-18-2009, 18:05
They're both free... install them both, see which one you like the most.

IGF
Nevermind... don't have time to screw around with all the toys now.

Thanks.