CCW question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW question

Romadoc
05-14-2009, 18:05
How does a non-resident of Florida get the required training certificate if it is not required in the home state (in my case, Georgia)? I should like to apply for a non-resident license and convert it after my expected move later this year.

usulsuspct
05-14-2009, 18:06
Maybe look into the NRA Basic Pistol Safety Course? Typically about ~14 hours of time - I believe it is recognized in FL (as well as most other states.)

rich52us
05-14-2009, 19:19
How does a non-resident of Florida get the required training certificate if it is not required in the home state (in my case, Georgia)? I should like to apply for a non-resident license and convert it after my expected move later this year.

There's no difference between a res & non-res CCW lic in FL, so you don't have to convert it, just put in your change of adress.

As far as training, you need to prove "competence with a firearm." This can be a hunter safety course. NRA safety training. Any LE training or safety course. Military discharge DD214, or any firearms training or safety course or class by a state certified instructor, or NRA instructor. It doesn't have to take place in FL.