How do I convince her she NEEDS to change holsters? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do I convince her she NEEDS to change holsters?

emt1581
05-17-2009, 21:01
My fiancee is a wonderful girl. I love her and would happily die for her. But she is driving me up a freakin wall with her reasoning as it relates to carrying.

First off, she's been carrying a G19 in a coronado (she has 2 different models) for about 5 years now. Everyday all day. Every time we go to the range it bothers me because she is a GOOD shot but the purse allows for a really sucky shoulder holster-like draw. We're talking 3 seconds or so to draw here. It's not a matter of practicing because she's been doing it for years. I'm convinced if there were to be a confrontation and she needed to back up while drawing, she'd be killed because of how awkward/slow the draw is.

She's always faught me against carrying a hip holster (partially because she hasn't worn a belt since I met her), but she does have a point. She has rediculously curvy hips and a hip holster looks like a freakin tumor on her.

I'm not a girl and I really don't know any in person who carry, aside from cops. And even they wear OWB rigs and are pretty petite.

So I could use some help with holster suggestions for her. Plus a smaller gun might be in order just so she can conceal it better. She can't shoot a P3AT, but maybe a PPK or something smaller than a G29 with the same or milder recoil??

I should add that she tried my SERPA today and was amazing!! Fast AND accurate.

Gun/holster suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!:)

-Emt1581

deadday
05-17-2009, 21:43
Tell her it matches her shoes?

emt1581
05-17-2009, 21:59
Tell her it matches her shoes?

That's a pretty funny suggestion and I'm all for humor. Unfortunately this is a pretty serious matter for me. Lets keep the suggestions constructive.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

deadday
05-17-2009, 22:32
That's a pretty funny suggestion and I'm all for humor. Unfortunately this is a pretty serious matter for me. Lets keep the suggestions constructive.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Okay, ask her what is more important, quick, easy access to her firearm when she needs it, or looking good?

emt1581
05-17-2009, 22:40
Okay, ask her what is more important, quick, easy access to her firearm when she needs it, or looking good?

That's the thing. We already had that conversation on the way home. We'll come back to it because she wasn't making sense. For some reason she just shut out the option of a hip holster. When I said there were tons of different carry options she didn't want to hear any of it.

She's very reasonable, she was just frustrated.

However, I have no clue what to try here. I mean I honestly think hip holster isn't going to work for her. I'm thinking maybe a shoulder rig for when she's wearing a cover garment like a sweater/front closing type of top.

What other options do women seem to prefer? When hip and purse isn't working...what are some other options? What about smaller guns? The only thing she won't shoot is a revolver.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

deadday
05-17-2009, 22:44
That's the thing. We already had that conversation on the way home. We'll come back to it because she wasn't making sense. For some reason she just shut out the option of a hip holster. When I said there were tons of different carry options she didn't want to hear any of it.

She's very reasonable, she was just frustrated.

However, I have no clue what to try here. I mean I honestly think hip holster isn't going to work for her. I'm thinking maybe a shoulder rig for when she's wearing a cover garment like a sweater/front closing type of top.

What other options do women seem to prefer? When hip and purse isn't working...what are some other options? What about smaller guns? The only thing she won't shoot is a revolver.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

A smaller pistol will help ease her 'tumor' fears....a Kel-Tec maybe? She could even go without a holster and use a ClipDraw....Mrs. dead prefers SOB carry...

eta- I see you said no P3, how about a PF9? Still VERY small and concealable, and not to harsh to shoot..

emt1581
05-17-2009, 22:48
A smaller pistol will help ease her 'tumor' fears....a Kel-Tec maybe? She could even go without a holster and use a ClipDraw....Mrs. dead prefers SOB carry...

We both HATE Kel-Tecs, but I see where you're going and I appreciate the suggestion. I've never been fond of the clip draws but maybe a clip draw and one of those trigger gaurd holsters tied to a belt loop would work.

Almost all of her skirts/pants/etc. have belt loops. Maybe a safety pin on the inside of the garment would help secure the "holster" so it breaks free when drawing.

In any case it's a start.

EDIT: We're just not fond of our past experience with Kel-Tecs and the trigger pull really screwed up our accuracy.

Other suggestions are definitely appreciated!!

-Emt1581

deadday
05-17-2009, 22:55
The trigger pull is one of the reasons I don't mind using a ClipDraw on my PF9....it's HORRENDOUS.....why is she against revovlers? A J-frame SOB would probably be great for her! No belt? No problem, sew some velcro on the inside of the waist band and add some to the holster....That's how I carry in scubs...

emt1581
05-17-2009, 22:59
The trigger pull is one of the reasons I don't mind using a ClipDraw on my PF9....it's HORRENDOUS.....why is she against revovlers? A J-frame SOB would probably be great for her! No belt? No problem, sew some velcro on the inside of the waist band and add some to the holster....That's how I carry in scubs...

She has a circulatory condition. It's much worse in the winter than in warmer weather but her grip strength sucks. She can barely pull the DA trigger. I've let her try all of my guns. The revolvers are the only ones she has trouble shooting.

I'm thinking of forming a plan around the Tomcat. It's only a .32acp but it's better than nothing. It's a little heavy but not bad. The thing I can't get around is that it's so thick. It's right up there with the thickness of the Glock.

This is why I was asking about the PPK. I have no experience with them but they are thinner and have a better grip.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Brock Morgan
05-18-2009, 01:57
What might work for her is either IWB or OWB in the appendix position at about 1-2:00 assuming right handed of course. Add into that a smaller firearm and possibly a single stack. she can always carry a backup mag. As for the revolver...none of mine are carried from the factory. They all see the gunsmith for a change in mainspring and a little stoning of the trigger components before I ever start breaking in...triggers are buttery smooth from day one and average 5-8 lbs depending on the model in DA. If she can't pull something like that I would also suggest one of the finger exercisers that you can find most anywhere.

Remember, too, when looking for another firearm....women typically like light weight, but don't equate the light weight with recoil. Do not buy until you can have a demo shoot or you will have a revolving door of firearms at your house until you find the right one. My wife found the PF9 too "flippy", hated my light weight .38's even with wadcutters, but loves her PT138 .380 which has been a terrific firearm so far. She is convinced that I will have to design an appendix holster or cross draw for her. the latter is out IMO but working on the former.

Another factor to add into your equation of thinking....what kind of attire does she typically wear? Women are unlikely to deviate and adjust what they like wearing just to have a firearm. The best firearm to have in a crisis is the one you have with you. You might be better off leaving her with what she has already decided on.....

gwillis6
05-18-2009, 08:18
For women, I have found appendix carry to be the best route. Have her look at this one. Very small, thin and comfortable. Works great for G19 and smaller size guns.
http://alabamaholster.com/index.php?p=2_17

FrogWithAGlock
05-18-2009, 13:49
My suggestion (I am a female that is sometimes hard-headed....)??

Introduce her to some women shooters, who carry concealed (but that you can't tell). Is there a women's shooting group in your area? Perhaps talking with other WOMEN (preferably curvy ones, like her) can help her talk about it, and get some ideas of what works.

Having my husband "tell" me, is not always the best route. Especially an issue he does not have first-hand experience with. SHe maay be thinking "he just doesn't GET it". ANd you never will. But a hippy woman (one with big hips, not a flower-child, lol) may be able to help her.

I have my permit, but no holster yet, because I haven't found what I am comfortable with (I am overweight, and hate belts). I refuse to purse carry, so I am not carrying right now, but am trying to fix that. It does help to talk to other women, and check out their rigs.....

emt1581
05-18-2009, 19:00
For women, I have found appendix carry to be the best route. Have her look at this one. Very small, thin and comfortable. Works great for G19 and smaller size guns.
http://alabamaholster.com/index.php?p=2_17

...The Hooker :rofl:

Seriously, I'd never thought about appendix carry.

Today I tried tucking my P6 into the small of her back. She was wearing a wrap skirt thing. It TOTALLY disappeared!! Now that was without a holster but still. She tried is, looked in the mirror, then took it off and said no. I do still need to look for carry options (gun/holster) but I think she also has to WANT to carry a different, more on-the-body way.

Any thoughts to get her attracted to the idea?

Thanks!!

-Emt1581

emt1581
05-18-2009, 19:02

Introduce her to some women shooters, who carry concealed (but that you can't tell). Is there a women's shooting group in your area? Perhaps talking with other WOMEN (preferably curvy ones, like her) can help her talk about it, and get some ideas of what works.

Having my husband "tell" me, is not always the best route. Especially an issue he does not have first-hand experience with. SHe maay be thinking "he just doesn't GET it". ANd you never will. But a hippy woman (one with big hips, not a flower-child, lol) may be able to help her.

I have my permit, but no holster yet, because I haven't found what I am comfortable with (I am overweight, and hate belts). I refuse to purse carry, so I am not carrying right now, but am trying to fix that. It does help to talk to other women, and check out their rigs.....

That's a terrific idea!! However, I've never heard of ANY women's shooting groups. I'd love to find one though!! Is there some organization that might have a chapter in our area?

-EMt1581

Mrs.Cicero
05-19-2009, 18:33
You may just have to get over the fact that she carries in a Coronado and be grateful that she carries at all, 'cause if you keep pushing it in a "i'm the man and I know better" sort of way, you will actually make it harder for her to change what she is doing. My only suggestion is finding an off body carry that allows for faster draw - whether that is a different purse, or fannypack or whatever.

For what it is worth, I am not hippy, and the OWB stuff sticks out so far that the only way I can carry like that is in cold weather under an oversized, ugly flannel and fleece jacket, or an oversize sweatshirt which still shows I'm carrying something, but not necessarily what (hey, it could be a tumor!). Going anywhere that I have to look "nice" (as in NOT like a bag lady) requires shoving the pistol back in the purse. I can't do IWB/appendix carry because my ribs are out of place and the grip sticks out, leaves bruises, and I can't get to the gun any faster than using the purse. Warm weather - must be in a purse - even Hawaiian print shirts print too much and make me look misshapen - it is hard to hide anything on a 5'4" 125# frame.

As for shoulder carry - not happening. The gun makes the girls look weirdly misshapen. Maybe someone better endowed could get away with it, but then I'd be concerned they'd slow down the draw as much as a purse - LOL

Mrs.C

emt1581
05-19-2009, 19:18
You may just have to get over the fact that she carries in a Coronado and be grateful that she carries at all, 'cause if you keep pushing it in a "i'm the man and I know better" sort of way, you will actually make it harder for her to change what she is doing. My only suggestion is finding an off body carry that allows for faster draw - whether that is a different purse, or fannypack or whatever.

For what it is worth, I am not hippy, and the OWB stuff sticks out so far that the only way I can carry like that is in cold weather under an oversized, ugly flannel and fleece jacket, or an oversize sweatshirt which still shows I'm carrying something, but not necessarily what (hey, it could be a tumor!). Going anywhere that I have to look "nice" (as in NOT like a bag lady) requires shoving the pistol back in the purse. I can't do IWB/appendix carry because my ribs are out of place and the grip sticks out, leaves bruises, and I can't get to the gun any faster than using the purse. Warm weather - must be in a purse - even Hawaiian print shirts print too much and make me look misshapen - it is hard to hide anything on a 5'4" 125# frame.

As for shoulder carry - not happening. The gun makes the girls look weirdly misshapen. Maybe someone better endowed could get away with it, but then I'd be concerned they'd slow down the draw as much as a purse - LOL

Mrs.C

I know what you mean about not pushing her, and I'm certainly happy she carries at all, but I really don't see any other realistic...off-body...carry methods for her that'll give her a quicker draw. And the way things are now, unless a miracle happens she won't be able to get her gun out quickly.

Maybe we can alter the purse to give the area around the gun more room. That way the stuff in her purse won't get in the way. Maybe sheet metal inside the holster compartment?? Anyone do anything like this with their purse rigs?

Thanks!!

-Emt1581

Mrs.Cicero
05-19-2009, 19:34
it doesn't have to be sheet metal (too heavy). A piece of plastic could help. What's in the purse really affects the draw speed sometimes - for awhile, i did better with a book in my coronado, cause it kept everything else out of the way when reaching for the grip. Also, i'm faster when i don't attempt to keep hold of the purse if it's only on one shoulder- in other words, the purse hits the ground as the gun is drawn. It's hard on the leather purse though. When I carry the Fatboy slung across, it's not an issue. Maybe that'll speed things up? If she likes the leather, she should practice it over a quilt or something, so it stays nice.

Mrs.C

emt1581
05-19-2009, 19:40
it doesn't have to be sheet metal (too heavy). A piece of plastic could help. What's in the purse really affects the draw speed sometimes - for awhile, i did better with a book in my coronado, cause it kept everything else out of the way when reaching for the grip. Also, i'm faster when i don't attempt to keep hold of the purse if it's only on one shoulder- in other words, the purse hits the ground as the gun is drawn. It's hard on the leather purse though. When I carry the Fatboy slung across, it's not an issue. Maybe that'll speed things up? If she likes the leather, she should practice it over a quilt or something, so it stays nice.

Mrs.C

That's an idea...don't fight with the purse grab the gun and let the purse drop. The gun will be free and the purse will be out of the way. Maybe she can give it a try over the bed tomorrow. She'd definitely have to practice trigger finger placement with that method...seems like there's MUCH more possibility of an AD/ND due to the force of the purse pressing against the finger.

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

Mrs.Cicero
05-20-2009, 07:13
index the finger on the gun above the trigger guard, never on the trigger til your sights are on the target. Practice drawing this way ALL the time, until it is the instinctive draw you do under stress. One should never draw with the finger on the trigger no matter what holster/purse/etc is used. Make sure there is not so much stuff in the purse that it presses on the drawing hand/fingers - that much stuff will cause fumbling under stress - she needs as clean a draw as possible because the purse configuration is already slower...anything that makes that worse is a baaaad thing. It's one of the reasons I switched to the Fatboy - it's smaller, so Ican't fill it up with random junk the way I tended to do with the hobo, just because it was large enough to carry it.
Mrs.C

Velocity Girl
05-20-2009, 13:31
I have had very similar conversations with my husband over how freakin' hard it can be to find a reasonable way to carry on my person.

Right now I've got a Mirco Desert Eagle (.380). It's width is under an inch, weight is around 15 1/2 oz. loaded. I have a super thin holster that I carry IWB at the back of my hip (at about 4-5 o'clock). I also have a decent set of hips on me and it's small enough that in that position it doesn't really dig into me or stick out at funny angles.

In a tighter shirt can you see the print...yup. Do I worry about it a whole heck of a lot...nope. So many people these days carry their cell phones on their sides/hips in that fashion that I don't worry about it too much. It's all about compromise....I don't *like* having a bit of a bulge, but it's a compromise to keep me safe. I also refuse to dress in totally baggy clothes all the time...I'm a women and I like to look like one :)

I don't care for some of the other options because a deeper waistband carry means I'm never getting it out :) Belly band - have you been in GA in the summer - no thank you! (and my wussy butt still isn't used to it) Shoulder - not really practical under a t-shirt.

I do have a Coronado, but it's ONLY for when I can't put it on me (that was the deal with my husband so I could get it).

It really is tough and even though my husband is as supportive as possible, I know he doesn't understand and I know it frustrates him.

I would love to carry something even smaller but I know that even a .380 is pushing my limits. I'd love to carry a 9mm but until I find one that is small enough I won't do it. Mind you it took some just to get me to go from from my kel-tec P3AT to the Micro DE. And now that I'm more comfortable and getting used to it, I'm willing to entertain maybe increasing size again just a bit for a small 9mm.

So my suggestion - start her off on as small a 9mm as you can (or even bump to a .380 if you have to) and get a small one that maybe she can try on the back of the hip (or some other position). Those should be small enough that I think they should be ok with the hips (at least they are with mine).

Does she have to worry about printing? I know it's not ideal, but if it's not a huge concern, I really am of the opinion that most people don't notice, especially on women (ie: my cell phone analogy). In GA I can open carry so if it flashes, I don't freak out. But I do try to have common sense and not do it intentionally, try to turn my back to walls, etc, etc.

Good luck and I really hope you can find something that works for her. It really is a royal PIA for us girls!!!

deadday
05-20-2009, 14:09
...The Hooker :rofl:

Seriously, I'd never thought about appendix carry.

My only issue with appendix carry is that while driving, it is VERY dificult to get to your weapon if needed...

FrogWithAGlock
05-20-2009, 14:20
That's a terrific idea!! However, I've never heard of ANY women's shooting groups. I'd love to find one though!! Is there some organization that might have a chapter in our area?

-EMt1581

Call ranges in your area. ASK them if they have Women's shooting groups. Mine is based out of the Private range I am a member of. I googled "women's shooting classes" for my area, and found several instructors, as well as the shooting group, and the range.

PM me if you want/need help finding groups, and I will do a little research for you.

G26packer
05-21-2009, 20:43
I carry my G26 and S&W M&P 9mm in an IWB holster just behind my hip. I find it easy to draw from that position. I also have a Maxpedition bag that I use to carry when I do not have belt loops. I ALWAYS try to carry on my person though. My reasoning is that a purse can easily be snatched, or your attacker could easily use it to drag you to the ground, both leaving you not in ideal control of your firearm, much less being able to draw at all. Not to mention the time that it takes. I am one that likes to wear t shirts and wasn't really open to the concept at first of changing the way that I dressed for carry purposes.
I now wear a t shirt or a tank top with an over shirt (button down, short or long sleeve) with my IWB holster. I have found several that match my wardrobe and I don't feel uncomfortable at all. Not to mention the fact that it is much easier to cover yourself when drawing using a purse. I find it much easier to maintain control over my firearm drawing it from on my body.
My mother in law carries her Berretta TomCat in a pocket holster, and that works well for her.
I would be happy to email her some pictures of how I carry to give her some new ideas. Best of Luck!

Broylz
05-22-2009, 07:52
not to hijack, but can you gals point me to a site for purses that my wife may like? she doesnt want to carry on her person, not comfortable for her, but she doesnt like any purse that we have found at our local shop.

i am in the beginning phases of all this. alot of good info here. my wife used to be a cop, had a ND and is now scared to death of guns. she is starting to shoot with me again and has said she would like to carry. she has also stated she doesnt feel comfortable carrying a gun anymore. i think its just a confidence issue. she only shoots a few mags worth of ammo at the range and then sits back and watches me shoot. i too am gonna look into a womens group in my area and see if shes interested.

G26packer
05-22-2009, 10:32
There are a lot of Maxpedition dealers out there, here is the website, you can buy directly from them or try to find a dealer in your area.
http://www.maxpedition.com/

Broylz
05-22-2009, 10:46
thank you. i am familiar with maxpedition but i was looking for a more lady friendly purse design.

dsw3131
05-22-2009, 11:24
My wife carries a P3AT and loves it. If you hate Kel-Tec, you could try the Ruger LCP.

Anyway, she carries it in a Smart Carry holster, and prefers that holster. She can wear it in almost any outfit with no belt. When her pants are too tight, she doesn't carry. I've tried to convince her to use a belly band in those situations, but she doesn't want to. I think a Ruger LCP in a Smart Carry, or a G26/27 in a belly band might work well for your fiancee.

I'm a BIG proponent of on-body carry, and was able to convince my wife of the same, especially since we have little kids around.

If your fiancee has been purse carrying for 5 years, I think it's pretty unlikely that she'll change to anything else. Your best bet is to probably get her a better "tactical purse" that gives her a better draw.

G26packer
05-22-2009, 11:33
http://www.shado.com/ has some very nice feminine purses... a bit pricey but worth the money from what I hear.

Velocity Girl
05-22-2009, 17:34
I have a Coronado and really like it (used as a last resort method of carry, but definitely good to have the option vs. not carrying at all).

kentuckysptpr
05-26-2009, 20:51
I have a belly holster that looks kinda like a girdle. It has several spaces for my Glock 27 (the perfect size for a female). I also wear a very thin small of the back holster and an ankle holster. I practice with all of them and conceal my gun very well. I do not have to change my wardrobe. There is also a "thunderwear" holster. It sounds funny, but looks pretty good, especially if you don't wear a belt.

bdc
05-28-2009, 22:15
www.smartcarry.com

Glolt20-91
05-31-2009, 02:02

No need to read further. I introduce my girlfriend, yes a petite retired grandmother who never shot a round in her life 'til she met me, to other lady shooters and let them do the girl talk thang. BTW, she doesn't know women aren't supposed to shoot full load 10mm, .357mag and 1911/.45 auto - watched her cut a 12oz aluminum can in half with a 10mm. :thumbsup: Country gals can shoot.

Bob :cowboy:

StarfoxHowl
05-31-2009, 04:02
As a pointer for people who want information on holsters for women, basic information and pointers to other sites that have more information, feel free to visit:

http://www.corneredcat.com/

It's a website built by a woman who is a shooter and it answers a lot of questions.

G26packer
06-01-2009, 15:38
No need to read further. I introduce my girlfriend, yes a petite retired grandmother who never shot a round in her life 'til she met me, to other lady shooters and let them do the girl talk thang. BTW, she doesn't know women aren't supposed to shoot full load 10mm, .357mag and 1911/.45 auto - watched her cut a 12oz aluminum can in half with a 10mm. :thumbsup: Country gals can shoot.

Bob :cowboy:

I never shot a round before I met my husband either... being from the lovely province of Ontario in Canada... where they would rather you think that locking yourself in your bedroom and telling your intruders to "please leave" is a better alternative.
The statistics are just staggering at the amount of people who have been found dead with a phone in their hand and no source of protection in sight!

LUNG-G19
06-02-2009, 16:39
not to hijack, but can you gals point me to a site for purses that my wife may like? she doesnt want to carry on her person, not comfortable for her, but she doesnt like any purse that we have found at our local shop.

i am in the beginning phases of all this. alot of good info here. my wife used to be a cop, had a ND and is now scared to death of guns. she is starting to shoot with me again and has said she would like to carry. she has also stated she doesnt feel comfortable carrying a gun anymore. i think its just a confidence issue. she only shoots a few mags worth of ammo at the range and then sits back and watches me shoot. i too am gonna look into a womens group in my area and see if shes interested.

My wife found this one on ebay last yr. http://www.gungear.com/7033lg.jpg

I have never bought from gungear. Its just what popped up when I googled to find her purse. She carries 24/7 with it. g26

Mr V
06-02-2009, 17:21
Suggestion:
Go to www.sharpshooting.net
Have your fiancee e-mail Robin Ball.
She is the owner, carries ALL the time, and could give your fiancee real world advice and help.
She carries her SIG SOB and you never know she has it on her.

For whats its worth when my wife carries it is a SOB holster, and a Star Firestar 9mm. (think 1911 style gun, single stack, smaller than a Glock G26)

Good luck.

one"Lucky"shot
06-11-2009, 15:02
(not a woman, BUT married to one) There used to be a magazine out there 'by women, for women' on how to carry.... I will look around to see if we still have the 'trial issue'. The more anyone knows the better choices they can make.

Disregarded9-side
06-12-2009, 06:21
Tell her the current holster makes her butt look big.

E: I like the PPK idea...they're thinner than most remember and can probably hide somewhere on her body.
Maybe look at Thunderwear or a band type holster...
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

nutty_one
08-15-2009, 02:00
Smart Carry, and depending on how large she is (overall physical size, not implying she's fat) - she might want to transition to the G26 instead of a 19. Same operating system, same trigger pull, same function, just easier to hide. The only thing with the smart carry is that she might have to wear pants 1 size larger if she likes wearing more huggy pants. Smart Carry can be worn with or without a belt.

SOB - Small of Back - is a BAD position to carry ANYTHING. Take a spill backwards and you risk shoving whatever it is you're carrying there into and in between vertebrae - possibly becoming paralyzed. Doesn't have to be a spill either - get rear ended in traffic, pushed into a wall or other object. SOB has more inherent risk than benefit. Also - if you're in a physical fight and it goes to ground - how do you get the gun if you're laying on top of it?

If hip holsters are out - and it sounds like they are - Smart Carry or off-body carry is going to be her best solution. A slower draw is better than no draw. If she's aware of what's going on around her, she'll probably get a bad feeling, and she can always prepare by gripping the gun in her purse before needing to draw it. No one will know if it never clears leather. Speed of the draw is not the most important factor - mindset, being aware of surroundings is. She's carrying a gun - she's happy with her system - that should be more important than pressuring her into a carry method she doesn't like - could backfire and she could decide to not carry at all, or as stated before by another poster - dig her heels in and tune you out.

She'll change carry methods when she's ready or feels the need - you can show her other options, but can't make her switch.

Cat91
08-16-2009, 09:19
I generally roll with a Ken Null USH shoulder rig for my Glock 27, unless I'm going to work. On-body carry isn't practical for me due to where I work and how I dress for work (I'm a prosecutor and can't carry a firearm into court), so it is easier to secure my Coronado under lock and key than it is to pull a holster on and off all the time, though I do wear the USH if I know I'm going to be out with law enforcement that day.

The Null outfit works well under a light Oxford over a T-shirt (or jacket for colder weather). I've had to draw under pressure in a situation on the street from it on one occasion, and it is fast once you're used to it.

Miao, Cat

PATRICE
09-26-2009, 09:47

emt1581
09-26-2009, 10:15
Hhmmm...respectfully, how does one turn your question around? That is, how does she convince you to back-off and let her carry in her chosen manner? What do you want...her to get so frustrated/angry that she stops carrying at all?? I assume that you care about her safety a great deal, but how far will you go in your efforts to keep her safe...like, are you going to put her in a cage??? How about permitting a bit of self-determination here, she's grown & ultimately has responsibility for her own life.--Patrice

What her and I do with our cage is our business as two concenting adults. :supergrin:

And FYI, I did back off. She told me that she really was happy with the G19 she had and didn't mind the weight.

-Emt1581

PATRICE
09-26-2009, 10:55