Turning Screensaver off on a PowerBook G4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Turning Screensaver off on a PowerBook G4

Jeffrey.M.Torres
05-18-2009, 20:04
My wife's Mac has some screen saver function that turns off the screen every 15 minutes or so.

We can't find where to change the settings and when we watch a movie we have to touch the mouse every 15 minutes to keep it on.

Any suggestions?

Sgt. Schultz
05-18-2009, 21:31
I don't use or work on MAC's but on a PC that would be a function that's managed under Power settings ...

costanza187
05-19-2009, 10:25
On my OS X (Tiger), just go into the setting (the one with the light switch), choose screen saver settings, can be changed from minutes to never.

Oribis
05-19-2009, 16:53
In Leopard

Apple in top left - >System Preferences - > Desktop and Screensaver

Drag sliding scale to desired minutes.

Jeffrey.M.Torres
05-19-2009, 19:34
On my OS X (Tiger), just go into the setting (the one with the light switch), choose screen saver settings, can be changed from minutes to never.

Hmm...it is already set to never.

I think there must be some other power saving function that registers no input.

grokdesigns
05-19-2009, 20:32
Go to the System Preferences pane, open Energy Saver and check the sleep options. Set them to either wait longer or change them to never.

gh0st614
05-19-2009, 20:35
Hit it with a hammer.

hIGH_aND_mIGHTY
05-25-2009, 21:50
Go to the System Preferences pane, open Energy Saver and check the sleep options. Set them to either wait longer or change them to never.

Another +1

There is a program for the mac called caffeine that puts a little cup of joe icon near the time and you can click it off and on to turn your power settings off and on. Useful for watching movies and the like but don't want to manually change the settings in system preferences.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/31941

ChrisJn
06-16-2009, 03:46
In Leopard

Apple in top left - >System Preferences - > Desktop and Screensaver

Drag sliding scale to desired minutes.

Oribis is correct - choose the Desktop/Screensaver icon. Do not confuse with the Energy Saver icon further down!
http://www.londonphotography.biz/preferences.jpg

costanza187
06-16-2009, 06:34
I downloaded that caffeine thing on my G4, it works pretty well, I watched a two hour thing on it, and I think once during the show the screen tried to turn off (I have no clue why), but I would call it a success overall.