If the USA collapse where would you move? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If the USA collapse where would you move?

Bilbo Bagins
05-20-2009, 13:48
150 years ago my ancestors wre all living in Europe. Everything was OK for years until things went to crap. War, the economy tank, famine, disease, etc. and they decided to move to America.

150 years later I really have concerns of the USA going down the toilet. Say the Dollar collapse (which it will in the current political direction we are going) and suddenly the USA is an improvished nation, where would you move to?

Canada?

Austrialia?

the UK ?

I think China is going to be the next economic superpower however I don't see any positives moving there. I rather deal with a Mad Max America, then be an American immirgrant to a pseudo communist-capitalist China, competing with 1.3 billion native chinese.

FlyBoy007
05-20-2009, 13:57
Chile

"Currently, Chile is one of South America's most stable and prosperous nations.[6] Within the greater Latin American context it leads in terms of human development, gross domestic product per capita (at market prices[8] and purchasing power parity[9]), competitiveness, quality of life, political stability, globalization, economic freedom, low perception of corruption and comparatively low poverty rates.[10] It also ranks high regionally in freedom of the press and democratic development. It has a high income inequality, as measured by the Gini "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chile

Or

Argentina

Seems like it was a good place to go after WWII for a bunch of folks.

The country is currently classified as an Upper-Middle Income Country[10] or as a secondary emerging market by the World Bank.[11][12] Argentina is also one of the G-20 major economies.

The AmBASSaDEER
05-20-2009, 13:58
I wouldnt. Was born here, and will die here.

FlyBoy007
05-20-2009, 14:05

Of course that's the right answer, but for the sake of discussion.

I got not problem staying here, my problem is if my country isn't here anymore then what?

Who am I kidding, no place would take my ornery self anyway.:supergrin:

Cali-Glock
05-20-2009, 14:35
I would move to one of the states which had exerted its sovereignty and looked to be best reflecting the ideologies of our original founders.

Atomic Punk
05-20-2009, 14:40
Of course that's the right answer, but for the sake of discussion.

I got not problem staying here, my problem is if my country isn't here anymore then what?

Who am I kidding, no place would take my ornery self anyway.:supergrin:

even if the country itself collapses the land im living on is not really going to change. i may move closer to some friends or vica versa, but i like it here.

schild
05-20-2009, 14:44
If the USA goes down the rest of the world is going to be in worst shape.

slewfoot
05-20-2009, 15:08
Central Africa seems to be depopulating nicely. Gotta be some openings there.:wavey:

StoneDog
05-20-2009, 15:28
New Zealand looked pretty in those Lord of the Rings movies...

But I'm staying here. I have ancestors that fought the red coats and more recently the Germans, Japanese and V.C. I'm not going anywhere.

RWBlue
05-20-2009, 15:47
I have looked and looked for some place better to move, (as bad as it is) America is the best place in the world.

Aceman
05-20-2009, 15:47
+1 on NZ. I think about moving there even if the US doesn't collapse. But let's face it - we'd all want to stay just to see if our preps work...

FlyBoy007
05-20-2009, 15:50
+1 on NZ. I think about moving there even if the US doesn't collapse. But let's face it - we'd all want to stay just to see if our preps work...

:supergrin:

GeorgiaGlockMan
05-20-2009, 16:34
I'd move to the new country of Montana or back to Tx in a heartbeat if the situation warranted it.

codecowboy
05-20-2009, 16:38
From East Texas to West Texas where I could get lost.

Like the song says "I'll live and die my own way, somwhere between the Red and Rio Grande."

matteucci
05-20-2009, 16:43
I would move to one of the states which had exerted its sovereignty and looked to be best reflecting the ideologies of our original founders.

Amen...somewhere else on the net I read that Arizona has something written about just this scenario

wjv
05-20-2009, 17:01

Probably the Republics of Texas OR Alaska. . .

FastJuice
05-20-2009, 17:05
If the US collapsed, I would probably move to California. It is so much like the US that it looks just like one of our states. Only without the freedom and liberty.

farmer-dave
05-20-2009, 17:16
I always thought Haiti would be a nice island once communism was abolished.

beemerphile
05-20-2009, 17:27
Belize. May even retire there even if the USofA doesn't descend from snafu into totally fubar.

Cavalry Doc
05-20-2009, 17:52
Texas of course.

Javelin
05-20-2009, 17:58
Texas of course.

Me too.

21Glocker
05-20-2009, 18:40
Never been to Alaska, but probably Alaska.

Glocktastic
05-20-2009, 18:45
Not sure where I'd go if I had to leave VA. West Virginia would be the most logical, considering it's close, fairly isolated and has lots of natural resources.

Otherwise, probably Alaska or Montana.

Warp
05-20-2009, 20:08
Nowhere.

Or this.

Montana? Probably a Western state woud fit the bill. Wyoming?

certifiedfunds
05-20-2009, 20:22
For me, its not whether or not *I* would want to move but a question of what would offer the best future for my children.

At the current time, I would look toward South America.

mikeyU
05-20-2009, 21:26
Here in the mountains.

UtahIrishman
05-20-2009, 21:31
Montana

mitchshrader
05-20-2009, 22:54
On the basis of 'good climate' (low energy requirement + good growing season) ..

low prices (for american money to stretch as far as possible, ie 'good value' for investments, real estate, etc)

tolerance of americans, christian values, 'child friendly'..

adds up to brazil, NZ, canada.. as my top 3 choices.. with lots of room for arguement about who'se on first.

it'd depend on what your own circumstances were (are) and how things change near-term to determine if/when emigrating would be sensible.. and to where..

but I had plans, now cancelled, to emigrate to brasil next year.

I changed 'em cause of the economy, all the numbers moved a LOT.

IMO, if you can't make it here you're screwed. Near as I can figure we're diluting our currency and losing both standard of living and quality of life compared to the last generations expectations..

and it's STILL the land of opportunity compared to 98% of everywhere else.

IF we can work our way out of this DeepRecession, it starts with making a committment to cooperation as a country (or family, or neighborhood, etc, but a COMMITTMENT, a life choice)

and i'm convinced that network of support and mutual benefit is easiest to create on a foundation of mutual values, similar culture, and common goals..

cheaper to keep 'er. It's harder any other way than it is to fix it in place..

we're headed for an economic trainwreck at worst, a long slow period of stagnation as most likely, and a VERY small shot at prosperity as a final result.

it STILL beats almost every other option.

If you have prosperous relatives in another country, and an open arms welcome.. you might find that country better for you..

but it'd sure depend on unusual circumstances.

empty handed, America is STILL the land of opportunity.

Como no?

slewfoot
05-20-2009, 23:19
I always thought Haiti would be a nice island once communism was abolished.

What about the Zombies?

Syclone538
05-21-2009, 00:20

Or

Argentina

The country is currently classified as an Upper-Middle Income Country[10] or as a secondary emerging market by the World Bank.[11][12] Argentina is also one of the G-20 major economies.

I think Argentina is still in pretty bad shape.
http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

snapdragon
05-21-2009, 01:14
Texas, the land where I was born. The land where I will die.

crimsonaudio
05-21-2009, 06:59
For me to have to leave things would have to be unlivable - radiation or similar making it unhealthy / deadly for my family. If that were the case, and the rest of the world was 'clean', I'd likely move somewhere in old Europe - I have tons of friends there and while I don't care for their politics in general, their lifestyle is very similar to the one I've grown accustomed to here...

certifiedfunds
05-21-2009, 07:11
As far as freedom goes.......

The hard work has been done for us. The divinely-inspired, founding documents are in place. This is a whole lot more than the rest of the world has going for it and its the ONLY thing that makes the U.S. unique and gives man hope of freedom and prosperity. I find it unlikely that we could duplicate the blueprints that were laid out for us 230 years ago, today, anywhere in the world.

We've strayed and need to get back on the correct path.....get this country back to what it was designed to be. When we do that -- IF we do that -- freedom and prosperity will flourish again.

I think it'll be a lot easier to correct our errors than to recreate freedom elsewhere.

Donn57
05-21-2009, 11:30
I doubt any of the countries worth moving to are going to be in a position to take in millions of American refugees.

RED64CJ5
05-21-2009, 14:31

"I was born here, and I was raised here, and dog gonnit, I'm gonna die here."

(name the movie)

I am probably going to sit tight here in the Republic of Texas :whistling:

daydreamer
05-21-2009, 15:23
I guess Iíll just stay here in Texas.

I'd steer clear of the Philippines, Australia and even NZ. I figure if we're out of the way the Chinese will eventually go there. Some expect them to go north to Siberia, but with the CIS now being a second rate power with a bunch of nukes and a chip on their shoulder I think China will cast their gaze in a different direction.

MajorAmby
05-21-2009, 15:50
I would only move if radiation or something like that were an issue. That's because...
If the USA goes down the rest of the world is going to be in worst shape.
QFT.
Dominican Republic wouldn't be a bad place to be. I've been there, and my family has lived there for short periods in the last couple of decades so...

But otherwise, I wouldn't leave.

djinco
05-21-2009, 16:18
The deeper into the mountains.

Saltcreek
05-21-2009, 19:50
Stay here. We were a third world country once - they called them Pioneers!The name may change to UNunited States of America. If it was not even here, it would have to be a cinder, which means the rest of the world would soon follow. If it's that bad, I can't imagine all the other countries being civil sitting around having a spot of tea. Evacuate in place = the only thing you will find deeper in the mountains is unpreparred people hunting for your stuff to take it.

rj1939
05-21-2009, 19:58
I don't see why I should leave..................everybody else can go. :cool:

itstime
05-21-2009, 20:16
I doubt any of the countries worth moving to are going to be in a position to take in millions of American refugees.

Mexico should be able to handle a load like that. We can all go there and demand whatever we feel coming to us from their government.

itstime
05-21-2009, 20:23
I hope the persons saying they would leave for here or there is saying this in jest. A lot of people have suffered and lost their lives to fight for the freedoms that you still are holding on to.

I hope that it is not the new American way to just say heck with this I'm out of here.

ChinaSeaSailor
05-21-2009, 20:39
if this country is gone NO place in the world would be any better would it? - I do not think many would survive since it would take nuclear war to put this country down the tubes - there are more guns in the hands of private citizens here than most armies in most countries have - and there are 20 million veterans trained to use those weapons here - I was born in Texas and will go in the ground in Texas

Syclone538
05-21-2009, 21:42

(name the movie)

Is that some authentic frontier gibberish?

crash700
05-21-2009, 22:40

I agree. I will either work to fix it, or die trying. This is a great country that many men gave their life for, I would do the same. Not gonna leave my home.

RWBlue
05-22-2009, 09:54
if this country is gone NO place in the world would be any better would it? - I do not think many would survive since it would take nuclear war to put this country down the tubes - there are more guns in the hands of private citizens here than most armies in most countries have - and there are 20 million veterans trained to use those weapons here - I was born in Texas and will go in the ground in Texas

I disagree. I think we will not fall to an outside force. I think we will fall into ruin on the inside.

Square Dots
05-22-2009, 10:07
First of all, I can't see that happening in my lifetime. For sake of discussion, I have family in Canada (in-laws) and my wife has dual citizenship. That would be a viable option for my family. I think that immigration to other countries would be closed if the USA collapsed though. Transportation would obviously be by ground only(unless you have your own plane) so the only options would be North, Central and South America.

adp113
05-22-2009, 12:26
South Africa, lots of money to be made there and not a lot of government enforcement of regulations. English is widely spoken and the weather is perfect every day. Surfing is also really good.

Warp
05-22-2009, 15:30
First of all, I can't see that happening in my lifetime. For sake of discussion, I have family in Canada (in-laws) and my wife has dual citizenship. That would be a viable option for my family. I think that immigration to other countries would be closed if the USA collapsed though. Transportation would obviously be by ground only(unless you have your own plane) so the only options would be North, Central and South America.

Why is that?

MercutioATC
05-23-2009, 08:46
Costa Rica.

I'm going there in 7 years when I retire anyway, so all a collapse would do is accelerate the timetable.

Primary rainforest, friendly people, excellent healthcare, low cost of living...and NO SNOW!

humanguerrilla
05-23-2009, 09:42

+1. Home is home.

gotplastic
05-24-2009, 18:12
Woods of upper Maine.

lilc
05-24-2009, 18:30
I wouldnt. Was born here, and will die here.I'm with you, man.

If I were really ever run off my acreage, I'd just keep moving further back into the woods until nobody cared and then declare my own friggin' country. :tongueout:

Oldskoolfan
05-25-2009, 23:15
Chile

"Currently, Chile is one of South America's most stable and prosperous nations.[6] Within the greater Latin American context it leads in terms of human development, gross domestic product per capita (at market prices[8] and purchasing power parity[9]), competitiveness, quality of life, political stability, globalization, economic freedom, low perception of corruption and comparatively low poverty rates.[10] It also ranks high regionally in freedom of the press and democratic development. It has a high income inequality, as measured by the Gini "

Or

Argentina

The country is currently classified as an Upper-Middle Income Country[10] or as a secondary emerging market by the World Bank.[11][12] Argentina is also one of the G-20 major economies. Be careful because most of Latin America has a tradition of installing an oppressive military government when economic hardship arrives. The only country without a military government at one point in its history in Latin America is Mexico.

I would have to say Canada would be my choice. Once things got settled here I could come back into the state of my choice. However Mexico is another as I have family there.

Oldskoolfan
05-25-2009, 23:21

Guns are not necessarily the answer to every problem. If radiation is the problem or famine or some other problem affecting the ability to stay, guns will not necessarily solve your problem. There are many cases where private citizens tried to fight it out and lost when they faced a stronger advesary in their government. For example the Tupamoros come to mind. And not to mention that if you are a refugee many countries will probably not allow you to be armed when you enter their land for refuge.

Cajunmudman
05-26-2009, 18:33
Bayou Self, Louisiana

It is a very lonely place!!

Jeepnik
05-26-2009, 19:16
Gets to the point the US collapses, there won't be any better place to go. The entire world will be in shambles. We've got a better chance of pulling it together sooner than any other place I can think of, if for no other reason than that we do have more personal freedoms than elsewhere. And if you think those will disappear when hard times hit, think again. The opposite seems to be the rule. Individuality will carry you through when the pack mentality won't.

TheLastBoyscout
05-26-2009, 20:45
Texas:whistling:

Pitt
05-26-2009, 21:34
Lets look at some of the places that got named.

Argentina: negative Ghostrider. According to Ferfal, we are becoming Argentina. Their economy still hasn't recovered from the crash of 2001. Crime is rampant and their .gov is corrupt as hell.

Haiti: another negative. High rate of AIDS in Haiti and very high crime.

Dominican Republic: I work with a Dominican. He said the crime is rampant their and the cops sometimes deliver justice via hot lead.

Costa Rica: this could be a good possibility.

Canada: Cold, but most of the Canadians I've met seem like ok folks.

South Africa: Very dangerous from what I've seen. Rampant street crimes and class warfare at the end of an AK. Would be like jumping out of a frying pan into a nuclear reactor.

Brasil: possibilities in Brasil. I speak spanish and portuguese wouldn't be that much of a jump. The women are beautiful and apparently like American men.

Chile: sounded good.

Belize: sounds good too.

Honestly though, things would have to be really bad for us to leave the US for foreign soil.
I say we invade Mexico and take their -it!

KBoyd
05-26-2009, 22:09
I say we just swap countries with Mexico. Half of them are here already anyways. I think that has a lot to do with the current economic situation. I am referring to the illegals not those who come here and speak English. If we cut out all the welfare to illegals we would be a step in the right direction. :cool:

4TS&W
05-26-2009, 22:30
Somewhere tropical.

actionpup
05-27-2009, 21:04
Into the neighbor's house if they move out. I love that place.

G26man
05-28-2009, 06:28
I'd move to the new country of Montana or back to Tx in a heartbeat if the situation warranted it.
Me too. I think they should check voting records and only let in those who weren't part of the obamination.

bboblo1957
05-28-2009, 14:04
Five minutes from my present home now... ONLY UNDERGROUND!

bboblo1957
05-28-2009, 14:10

(name the movie)

I am probably going to sit tight here in the Republic of Texas :whistling:

Blazzin Saddles? /:dunno:

Grayson
05-28-2009, 20:53
I'm not going anywhere...

But, for discussion's sake...maybe Finland? I've hardly done any serious research, but from what I think I know in passing:

I think they're at least somewhat socialist, but I was surprised to learn that ( at least as of a while back) gun ownership is allowed. Maybe I've fallen for the antis' brainwashing that pretty much only us evil, backwards, uncivilized Americans allowed private ownership of guns...

Plus, if native daughter Tarja Turunen is any indication, they make 'em pretty hot and musically talented over there! :supergrin: :rock:

FlyBoy007
05-29-2009, 07:24
Five minutes from my present home now... ONLY UNDERGROUND!

I lived north of Tampa for over 10 years near the (then) small town of Lutz (sounds like boots) I moved away in 89 when they bought me out to build the NW freeway.

My question to you is have they done something with the Tampa area water table?

When I was there it was like most of Florida and only about 8-10 feet down, the main reason there are no (perhaps a few up north) basements in the state.

I was wondering how you were going underground anywhere in Florida?

bdcochran
05-29-2009, 07:26
Mexico. It be almost like living at home in California.

aimstraight
05-29-2009, 08:39
Panama

slewfoot
05-29-2009, 09:55
New Jersey:rofl:

Saltcreek
06-06-2009, 19:31
New Jersey:rofl:

I thought New Jersey already was a failed third world country run by an oppressive government.

APD
06-06-2009, 19:57
I would head to Alaska or Canada, NW part I would guess.

Warp
06-06-2009, 20:57
I would head to Alaska or Canada, NW part I would guess.

Canada?

Leaving your guns at home, or becoming a serious criminal?

APD
06-07-2009, 19:25
Canada?

Leaving your guns at home, or becoming a serious criminal?

I think I could infil successfully WITH my weapons:cool:.

Tim808
06-07-2009, 21:47
Big Island of Hawaii - lots of rainwater on the East side, lots of fish, wild pigs and land is cheap (for Hawaii). Just have to worry about vog, lack of doctors/hospitals, finding a job and an active volcano.

One of the few places in the world where in the same day you can have a snowball fight in the morning and a surf session in the afternoon (only in the "Winter").

Actually that place sucks totally - vog, active volcano, marijuana growers out the kazoo, Mexican drug dealers (per my cousins) and meth heads.

I would never move there and would never ever recommend it to anyone else.

Brent39
06-07-2009, 22:16
Texas, Oklahoma, Montana or Alaska

BigFelipe
06-07-2009, 22:34
I'd most likely head for the blue ridge mountains, texas, montana, or alaska... Or just stay put and say the hell with it.

APD
06-08-2009, 06:40
I would like to modify my choice of Canada...I thought we would have to leave the country and we were supposed to list our first choice of alternate nations.:whistling:

I have no probs going out to the Yellowstone area or the Rockies.

actionpup
06-08-2009, 12:48
I find it interesting that people would plan on going somewhere they don't have some kind of roots. I think during a time of distress it would likely be best to stay put or you need to have a place set up elsewhere. To simply move to an area where you do not have roots would place most into a very dangerous position. If anyone tries to start squatting on my property and/or using my resources without my permission, they will have to answer to me. I am guessing most would say the same. I have read about tent cities or shanty towns that appear during crisis such as in the US during the great depression, Argentina at present, as well as many nations now dealing with refuges of one kind or another however they are places of last resort. I think if you have a plan to evacutate to another location, you had better set it up and get it stocked. You might not be driving your car or truck to take all of your goodies with you. You may be packing things on your back being vulnerable and other's mercy. I will likely show mercy as I can however my family and friend's well being will always come first.
I personally would/will dig in, hunker down and try my best to ride the storm out. I am well grounded where I am, have a huge support system in place with family, friends and members of my faith (LDS), and will do my best to make the best of things for all of us.

jon_in_wv
07-17-2009, 18:49
Well, when things were hard in Norway, my ancestors came to Minnesota. Thats where I would go too. The faint of heart will flee south. My family and I will live off the land where my ancestors did.

I would be leary of the western states like Wyoming and Montana as millions of people may flood those states as they flee Kalifornia. The same reason I would avoid the state I live in now. If a major collapse or catastrophe struck the NE millions would come inland right through WV. I highly doubt they would be welcomed here. West Virginians are tough mountaineers and I have no doubt they could survive in these hills indefinitely BUT they also keep to themselves and despise outsiders.

If it meant the survival of my family I would take my family wherever I had to but the US is my home. I can't see myself as a refugee if there is any way I can stay in the country I love.

Tailhunter
07-17-2009, 19:46
If and when I ever move again ... it will be Texas.

amd4me
09-15-2009, 06:02
Well, I am Canadian born and there for would probably pack up and head there. However, if a war broke out or some other situation involving unrest and violence I would think that Canada would somehow be involved, whether directly or indirectly after all it is right there.
I would probably head to Scotland where my father is originally from, or NZ.

bryan cc tx
09-15-2009, 07:47
the moon...if the US falls the world goes. think of all the products/services we buy. Those suppliers will loose their main customer, who else will buy all of china, india, and japans stuff...mexico?

amd4me
09-15-2009, 08:18
the moon...if the US falls the world goes. think of all the products/services we buy. Those suppliers will loose their main customer, who else will buy all of china, india, and japans stuff...mexico?

I really hope you don't believe that.:rofl:

mac66
09-15-2009, 08:28
Rural America is not the same country as big city America. I am moving to rural America.

phil evans
09-15-2009, 11:49
if it comes - - shtf - -
i'll stay in place.
my preps will last around 90 days.
then, who knows.
us old folks will exit rather rapidly: thereafter;
a new hierarchy for homo sapiens will emerge.
a new order of dominance will become relevant.
you need to acknowledge a creator before you exit.

Dexters
09-15-2009, 14:40
To those that thing other countries e.g. New Zeland. What makes you thing they would take you in? Look at their current immigration laws like Australia - not very easy to move there.

fgutie35
09-15-2009, 15:03
I have dual citizenship with Mexico. I grew up there and have strong roots there. Hell, I even have a house in Reynosa, Tamps. Mexico. Yet If this country would fall, I would move from where I'm now (deep south Texas), to higher ground (The Hill Country of Kerrville, Texas).:tongueout:
In other words, I would stay here, and fight the fight. "I rather die on my feet, than live on my knees" Emiliano Zapata.

tc556guy
09-15-2009, 21:43
I'm sticking it out here. People left Europe because of American opportunities; I don't see that happening anywhere else.

RMTactical
09-17-2009, 12:23
The United Republic States of Western America

slewfoot
09-17-2009, 13:47
New Jersey. Those folks are conditioned to live in a totalitarian society.

I doubt if they would even realize the free states are experiencing turmoil.

magpie maniac
09-17-2009, 22:15
Interesting question.

I keep our passports in my EDC bag if the remote chance arises that we have to cross a border.

mitchshrader
09-19-2009, 15:23
if the US collapsed there'd be tons of opportunity here..

if you lived through the collapse.

Troy R
09-19-2009, 15:45
Why would I want to move? Theres not a chance I would move to another country. I can still live here.

TangoFoxtrot
09-21-2009, 17:52
For the sake of discussion. If the U.S. went t*ts up I'd probably head to Canada.

LXSPORT
09-27-2009, 09:48
I believe I will stay in the Ohio Valley area. Great grounds for hunting and the land is very fertile to grow your own food. Plenty of good clean lakes and streams for drinking water plus I know of a lot of very good hiding places if it comes to that. A place where you know what season you are in without a calander and you can tell time without a clock. The rest of you can choose to leave this great nation but my happy butt will stay here and fight off all the evil that I can.

Sporaticus
09-27-2009, 19:39
I am staying here to help eliminate enemies and rebuild the republic.

I don't get some of your thinking.

We have the guns. We have the ammo. We have the preps. 12 months after a collapse, we restablish a Constiutional Republic as it was meant to be, and the way it once was, with 1\3 of the government and minus all the bad that comes from government.

It's stunning that so many people would run like cowards instead of facing the tough times and rebuilding. You must not love your country very much if you are going to run like cowards in the face of tough times.

I guess it's easy to see why the US is in the shape it's in, nobody is willing to fight for it, or rebuild.

I see a collapse as a unique rebuilding opportunity. We won't have to fight a revolution. We won't have to start from scratch. We know what needs to be done, and how to do it.

Rooster Rugburn
09-28-2009, 22:18
I have to agree with Sparticus. You people want to ditch out, and abandon your country when that might be the time to take action.

How could it be that you cutting and running to another country is any different than the Mexicans coming here?

And, what makes you think other countries would let you come in, or that you could actually get out of the US? Most of the anti gun regimes won't let most of us in anyway.

If the collapse does occur, it's time to move against the domestic enemies, eliminating them, then rebuilding.

Plan something else: the collapse. Survive 8 months, then get with others, mount up, and eliminate enemies. Then rebuild this nation as it was originally intended to exist.

Chuck TX
09-29-2009, 11:27
I ain't going anywhere. I'll be in the same country as my ancestors. The Republic of Texas. To twist Crockett's line, You can go to hell, I'm staying in Texas.

TBO
01-16-2012, 02:42
Did I miss the apocalypse?

eb31
01-16-2012, 03:27

Exactly. And I chose Tn. The US WILL collapse and I will remain in Tn when it does.

eb31
01-16-2012, 03:32

We have the guns. We have the ammo. We have the preps. 12 months after a collapse, we restablish a Constiutional Republic as it was meant to be, and the way it once was, with 1\3 of the government and minus all the bad that comes from government.

It's stunning that so many people would run like cowards instead of facing the tough times and rebuilding. You must not love your country very much if you are going to run like cowards in the face of tough times.

I guess it's easy to see why the US is in the shape it's in, nobody is willing to fight for it, or rebuild.

I see a collapse as a unique rebuilding opportunity. We won't have to fight a revolution. We won't have to start from scratch. We know what needs to be done, and how to do it.

Amen! I'm with you.

wtf0ver
01-16-2012, 10:26

you nailed it brother. there would be many people or should i say patriots that will be onboard with this.

tc556guy
01-16-2012, 10:58

How do you know that the gov't would look EXACTLY the way you personally want it, if it truly represents what the majority of people want?

Warp
01-16-2012, 12:03
Did I miss the apocalypse?

How did you get in here? :tongueout:

G29Reload
01-16-2012, 12:22
Amen! I'm with you.

After keeping our first ten amendments, the following will occur:

11th amendment:

"The 2nd Amendment means what it says." All laws currently on the book to the contrary are stricken and removed. Militia includes the unorganized militia to wit, all free people not incarcerated, of legal age. Violations of this act are punishable as Treason.

12th amendment:

No Taxes or fees for ownership of any real property are allowed. There is no longer any rent or servitude due and owing to any government to continue owning any property of any kind, to wit, Land, Housing, Aircraft, Boats, Cars or any wheeled vehicle, furniture, computer or electronic equipment of any kind.

13th Amendment:

All taxes upon income, or based on it, are hereby abolished except in times of war. Remuneration to the Government shall consist solely on transactions in commerce as sales taxes, never to exceed 10%, or duties imposed against foreign goods imported as Duties.

14th amendment:

The government at all levels, is restricted to spending no more than that which it brings in from lawful taxation, except in times of War.

Warp
01-16-2012, 13:11
The government at all levels, is restricted to spending no more than that which it brings in from lawful taxation, except in times of War.

No bond sales??

G29Reload
01-16-2012, 15:21
No bond sales??

bond sales in time of war only.

Bonds = borrowing, meaning debt creation. We should strive as close as perfectly possible to a cash and carry govt not built on debt. Not to exceed amount of PM ownership the gov holds if any.

certifiedfunds
01-16-2012, 16:06
How do you know that the gov't would look EXACTLY the way you personally want it, if it truly represents what the majority of people want?

We do not have and are not supposed to have majority rule. You still don't understand that?

G29Reload
01-16-2012, 18:10
We do not have and are not supposed to have majority rule. You still don't understand that?

Correct. We cannot have government by plebiscite.

EX: Ok, everyone raise your hands who don't want to pay taxes.

No one would ever pay taxes and the whole shebang would collapse.

There are certain basic constraints set in stone that are inviolable in order to further what we have, which is a

Representative Republic.

We can choose the basic direction of the country, but stupid is not allowed. We cannot self-remove ourselves from the necessary unpleasantness that accompanies running a country. There is going to be some pain, we do need to raise revenue and do certain things to avoid chaos. You can't legalize murder just because everyone wants it.

There are limits, in other words.

inzone
01-16-2012, 18:20
I would move to Israel!

certifiedfunds
01-16-2012, 18:27
Correct. We cannot have government by plebiscite.

EX: Ok, everyone raise your hands who don't want to pay taxes.

No one would ever pay taxes and the whole shebang would collapse.

There are certain basic constraints set in stone that are inviolable in order to further what we have, which is a

Representative Republic.

We can choose the basic direction of the country, but stupid is not allowed. We cannot self-remove ourselves from the necessary unpleasantness that accompanies running a country. There is going to be some pain, we do need to raise revenue and do certain things to avoid chaos. You can't legalize murder just because everyone wants it.

There are limits, in other words.

There is a bit of history on this theme with the fella above. 1400 posts. Enjoy

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1202332&highlight=handouts+stop

cowboy1964
01-16-2012, 18:36
If things are so bad that people want to flee this country, I doubt there will be too many places that would be better. Unlikely they would take immigrants at that point anyway.

eb31
01-16-2012, 18:55
you nailed it brother. there would be many people or should i say patriots that will be onboard with this.

Patriots...perfect word.

G29Reload
01-16-2012, 19:26

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1202332&highlight=handouts+stop\\

Ah yes, the run-and-hide when you made a good point?

Familiar with the thread, havent seen it up in awhile.

glockguerilla
01-16-2012, 21:11
I'd stick it out in my home country of Pacific Northwest. We have great community.

Stupid
01-16-2012, 21:49
They should change the forum name to "Patriotism" rather than "Survival..." :-)

Had the pilgrims been such patriots, there wouldn't be United States per se. :-)

LASTRESORT20
01-16-2012, 21:58
Originally Posted by Aceman http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12999211#post12999211)
"+1 on NZ. I think about moving there even if the US doesn't collapse. But let's face it - we'd all want to stay just to see if our preps work..."

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

ScottieG59
01-16-2012, 22:20
Go somewhere? I paid my dues for a lifetime membership.

greatwun
01-16-2012, 22:53
Chile

I was actually born there and came here when I was 2. Still visit every few years since I have a big family there and its quite nice. I would really hate to leave the US and wouldn't unless there was a major SHTF. However, if that time came I wouldn't feel so bad leaving the US knowing I'd be going to a country where I had family to help me out. One of my uncles from my mother's side owns a few mines in northern chile and has done very well for himself. I could probably land a small job through him to help me get started. Even if the world collapsed, Chile seems like it has many resources to support itself for the most part. And it has a good history of keeping invading countries out. I would be more worried about a military take over which has happened before.

tc556guy
01-17-2012, 07:39

The majority still gets to set many of the rules that society operates on.
The tail does not wag the dog, and just because YOU envision society and government operating a certain way doesn't mean that general society will agree with you. If the majority of society wants the government to provide a certain service or function, then gov't will provide that function.

tc556guy
01-17-2012, 07:41

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1202332&highlight=handouts+stop

No one in that thread was going to change anyone elses mind on the topic. It becomes pointless to keep dragging a thread on after a while.

certifiedfunds
01-17-2012, 07:44
The majority still gets to set many of the rules that society operates on.
The tail does not wag the dog, and just because YOU envision society and government operating a certain way doesn't mean that general society will agree with you. If the majority of society wants the government to provide a certain service or function, then gov't will provide that function.

Illegitimately

What you are describing, what you champion time and again, is the illegitimate imposition of tyranny of the majority, upon the minority. That is the exact opposite of the principles on which this nation was formed and runs contrary to the core philosophies of the founders (those who prevailed).

certifiedfunds
01-17-2012, 07:45
No one in that thread was going to change anyone elses mind on the topic. It becomes pointless to keep dragging a thread on after a while.

We had a "conservative" advocating for several planks of the Communist Manifesto.

pugman
01-17-2012, 08:24
Detriot....

I could see it becoming another Steel Harbor (aka Barb Wire)

tc556guy
01-23-2012, 15:32
Illegitimately

What you are describing, what you champion time and again, is the illegitimate imposition of tyranny of the majority, upon the minority. That is the exact opposite of the principles on which this nation was formed and runs contrary to the core philosophies of the founders (those who prevailed).

Your excuse is used everytime someone on a forum knows they don't have enough public support for their views. Then when its a topic they think they have a majority opinion on, they insist it should be a majority-rules thing.

You can't have it both ways.