Problem staying connected to wireless printer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem staying connected to wireless printer

zebramochaman
05-20-2009, 18:11
I recently purchased a new HP laptop running in 64 bit Vista. My problem is that whenever the computer sleeps I lose my connection to my deskjet 6840.

I downloaded a fix that I found on the HP site but it doesn't work for my computer. I have another laptop running 32 bit Vista that also had the problem but after downloading the fix from HP it solved the problem.

Any thoughts on how I can correct the problem?:dunno:

JimmyN
05-21-2009, 06:26
Have you tried disabling the HP Cue discovery service? That is likely the problem when coming out of sleep mode, since it is too slow and fails to find the device in time, so it just removes it thinking it no longer exists.

HP really doesn't need to 'discover' all the devices again every time the system wakes up. In my opinion HP makes good hardware, but most of their software sucks.

Try going to Administrative Tools>Services
Scroll down to the HP Discovery service, right click on it and choose 'Properties'.
Stop the service, then set startup type as 'Disabled'.
Give her a reboot and that should fix the problem, maybe, possibly, it's at least worth a try.

zebramochaman
05-21-2009, 14:39
Have you tried disabling the HP Cue discovery service? That is likely the problem when coming out of sleep mode, since it is too slow and fails to find the device in time, so it just removes it thinking it no longer exists.

HP really doesn't need to 'discover' all the devices again every time the system wakes up. In my opinion HP makes good hardware, but most of their software sucks.

Try going to Administrative Tools>Services
Scroll down to the HP Discovery service, right click on it and choose 'Properties'.
Stop the service, then set startup type as 'Disabled'.
Give her a reboot and that should fix the problem, maybe, possibly, it's at least worth a try.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.