Kel Tec P-3AT [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kel Tec P-3AT

Nestromo
05-21-2009, 00:25
Ladies,

I just bought a little Kel-Tec .380 for my girlfriend. How should she carry this thing? She is a curvy chick, a little bit thick but not to much. Maybe front waist band? I would rather it be in a holster so that the trigger is not exposed. What about those CC purses? Any good?

Thanks!
Jonathan

Velocity Girl
05-21-2009, 06:38
Purse carry should always be a very last resort. She should always try to carry on her as much as possible (I'm sure you can find lots of threads discussing/debating this).

That gun is so small she shouldn't have a hard time carrying it on her (had one myself for a bit). An IWB holster at the back of the hip should probably work. That's how I carried it (and now my current .380).

I've got some hips on me too, but with it being so small it doesn't stick much above (or below) the waistband so I never had issues with it really jabbing into me, or sticking out at funny angles, etc.

I personally don't really like carrying in the front as it just feels weird to me. Let her experiment with what feels good for her, try different holsters, etc.

sawgrass
05-21-2009, 10:17
I carry my LCP, (same size gun) in a pocket holster in my front pocket
or IWB holster. The gun is so small it is easy to conceal. I'm 5'2" and curvy. Front pocket carry makes me a little uncomfortable if I'm sitting. When sitting the gun is pointing forward.

dsw3131
05-22-2009, 11:49
My wife carries her P3AT in a Smart Carry and loves it. She can wear it with almost any outfit. The only time it doesn't work is with tight dresses or pants. A belly band might also work.

+1 for on-body carry. I don't think women should carry off-body in purses, but if that's the only way they will carry, it's better than nothing.

Nestromo
05-24-2009, 08:30
Aren't there purses that have some kind of velcro flap that you keep the pistol in or something where you can just reach in?

The guy backed out on the P-3AT after we had already made a deal (when he told me this I didn't even e-mail his ass back) but I will still be getting one for each of us, or perhaps those Ruger LCPs.

DustyJacket
05-25-2009, 18:36
Remember, you don't want to arm a purse snatcher......

Nestromo
05-26-2009, 09:00
This is true.

kentuckysptpr
06-02-2009, 13:16
A small of the back holster works best for me. I carry in tucked in my waist band and it is very comfortable because I have a deep arch. A smart carry would be good too. They can be a little hot in the summer and rub the skin.

HiCountryCowboy
06-30-2009, 04:29
A small of the back holster works best for me. I carry in tucked in my waist band and it is very comfortable because I have a deep arch. A smart carry would be good too. They can be a little hot in the summer and rub the skin.

It works until you fall and the gun damages your spine.