Mac Mail help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mail help

bucky_925
05-21-2009, 19:40
I am using mail on a macbook pro and I have a minor problem. I ordered some ammo from double tap (fast delivery and great product by the way) but the email confirming the order from Mike Mcnett will not delete. The body of the message is no longer there just the notification from Mike about my order. If I try to delete the message it stays in my inbox and my only option is "undelete". If I tag it as junk it will disappear briefly only to reappear. I am confused as to how to get rid of this email. I can't drag it to the trash, or anywhere else for that matter. Any thoughts or help?

ar15
05-21-2009, 20:00
hmm wierd. I was gonna say do you have remove from server checked off under preferences, maybe it's putting it back in. But not sure if that would be it I don't think I've had that problem. Try doing a search on Apple forums maybe.

bucky_925
05-24-2009, 19:44
One other thing I didn't notice when I made my original post. There is an arrow to the left of the senders name, when I click on it I get this pop up message "Mail was unable to find your response to the message “Order Update”. You may have deleted the message".
Does this help any???

ar15
05-24-2009, 20:20
I found this in Apple support. These were problems ppl had and they reposted saying it worked not sure if this exactly the problem you're having. Hope it helps let me know.

try this:

"This is probably an indexing problem, but try highlighting the message, click on Edit and choose Cut. This bypasses Mail needing the move the message to the trash mailbox. If this works, then use Rebuild on the mailbox".

also this:

"for each of the specific mailboxes where these offending emails reside, go to the mail menu, mailbox>rebuild and rebuild the mailbox. this should clear these stubborn emails. if that does not help, shut down your computer, reboot, launch mail and try to rebuild again."

bucky_925
05-25-2009, 05:45
That took care of it. Thanks for taking the time to help a Mac noob.

ar15
05-25-2009, 06:46
No problem glad I could help