Danger Danger Message??????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Danger Danger Message???????

Nicky D
05-22-2009, 06:15
Weird problem that I could not find an answer to on google. The other morning as I was getting ready for work my pc that I built last year blurted out "Danger, Danger" just like the Will Robinson robot. I was like WTF!??? No messages on the screen. I only had 1 web page up and the Zune software running. The system is running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Now this morning my really old pc in my daughters room has blurted the same thing several times. That system is running XP 32 bit and is not currently connected to the internet. It has not been connected for a few months now.

I can't find anything pertaining to this. I appreciate any helping in figuring out this crazy message.

IndyGunFreak
05-22-2009, 07:01
Weird problem that I could not find an answer to on google. The other morning as I was getting ready for work my pc that I built last year blurted out "Danger, Danger" just like the Will Robinson robot. I was like WTF!??? No messages on the screen. I only had 1 web page up and the Zune software running. The system is running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Now this morning my really old pc in my daughters room has blurted the same thing several times. That system is running XP 32 bit and is not currently connected to the internet. It has not been connected for a few months now.

I can't find anything pertaining to this. I appreciate any helping in figuring out this crazy message.

That is strange, my first thought was going to be a Popup of some type(maybe for the homepage on both PC's), but if the other PC is not on the internet, that rules that out. I would go through the system sounds, and see if you can find what triggers that sound... Maybe it just happens to be a similar setting you have on both PCs...

of course, then theres the possibility it didn't come from your PC's, and it just sounded like it did.

Weird..

IGF

BigSexy
05-22-2009, 07:30
5/22/09 0624GMT Skynet becomes self aware...

RaiderRodney
05-22-2009, 07:44

lol :thumbsup:

IndyGunFreak
05-22-2009, 07:49

:rofl::rofl:

MavsX
05-22-2009, 10:11

that is what i was thinking man

Nicky D
05-22-2009, 10:24

:rofl::rofl::50cal::50cal:
That is strange, my first thought was going to be a Popup of some type(maybe for the homepage on both PC's), but if the other PC is not on the internet, that rules that out. I would go through the system sounds, and see if you can find what triggers that sound... Maybe it just happens to be a similar setting you have on both PCs...

of course, then theres the possibility it didn't come from your PC's, and it just sounded like it did.

Weird..

IGF

It definitely had to come from the pc. That is the only thing in my daughter's room that could have made the noise. The pc in the livingroom is hooked up to my receiver and the sound definitely came through my speakers. I can't even imagine what settings I could have that would trigger that especially on 2 different operating systems. I was thinking that just maybe it is a bios battery issue but have not been able to find anything that confirms that. Oh well, time to dig a little deeper and to lock and load for when Skynet comes!

Nicky D
05-22-2009, 10:30
WTF!!!! It just happened on my 3rd PC!!! I rarely use this one and it was just built in December so there should be not issues.

The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head that is common with all 3 pc's is I am using AVG anti-virus on all of them. They each have a different version but none the less. When I check my anti-virus stuff nothing comes up as being a problem. This is going to drive me crazy now.

IndyGunFreak
05-22-2009, 10:50
Hmm, so the common link between all of them, is AVG.. Are you using a software between on all of them?.. Perhaps it is being compromised. Are you behind a router/firewall?.. Is it being compromised.

If its doing this on three machines, I suspect some sort of network intrusion.. but that is strictly a guess.

IGF

Nicky D
05-22-2009, 11:15
Hmm, so the common link between all of them, is AVG.. Are you using a software between on all of them?.. Perhaps it is being compromised. Are you behind a router/firewall?.. Is it being compromised.

If its doing this on three machines, I suspect some sort of network intrusion.. but that is strictly a guess.

IGF

I would agree with the network intrusion but my oldest pc that is an XP machine is not connected to the network and has been off the net for a couple of months now. The only thing that was running on that pc at the time was Media player in the background, not even playing something. No one was using the pc at the time. When it just happened to me a little while ago I was bookmarking a website. The first time it happened that I know of no one was actually using the pc.

I did just find something that said it may be related to flashplayer but I do not know how or what could trigger it.

I find it hard to believe that it is AVG due to the fact that all 3 systems have a different version on them and the oldest pc has not been updated in months since it has not been connected to the net. I am stumped and can't really find anything online.

lee2
05-22-2009, 15:29
Itz the weeeed maaaannnnnnn.......:cool:

ron59
05-22-2009, 17:23
Found this with quick Google search:

If you have aol instant messenger (others?) installed on your system and somebody on your buddy list or address book uses AIM they can set certain sayings that you will hear every time they log on and off.My sisters use to repeat loooser!! and it drove me nuts until i figured out what it was.They can set it with their avatars

Sounds like the possible culprit.

IndyGunFreak
05-22-2009, 17:23
I would agree with the network intrusion but my oldest pc that is an XP machine is not connected to the network and has been off the net for a couple of months now. The only thing that was running on that pc at the time was Media player in the background, not even playing something. No one was using the pc at the time. When it just happened to me a little while ago I was bookmarking a website. The first time it happened that I know of no one was actually using the pc.

I did just find something that said it may be related to flashplayer but I do not know how or what could trigger it.

I find it hard to believe that it is AVG due to the fact that all 3 systems have a different version on them and the oldest pc has not been updated in months since it has not been connected to the net. I am stumped and can't really find anything online.

Man, that is one weird situation.... Well, it will be tedius, but like I said, I'd go through the sound events settings, and see what that event is tied to... then work your way from there.

And you're sure there is no way this can be any sort of virus, right?

IGF

Nicky D
05-22-2009, 18:16

I saw that too but we don't use IM at all so I doubt it is that.

Man, that is one weird situation.... Well, it will be tedius, but like I said, I'd go through the sound events settings, and see what that event is tied to... then work your way from there.

And you're sure there is no way this can be any sort of virus, right?

IGF

Not that a virus isn't possible but I find it hard to believe considering that it is on all 3 pc's, especially since one is not connected to the net.

IndyGunFreak
05-22-2009, 19:12

Seems unlikely, since one machine isn't connected to the internet at all.

IGF

axelangel007
05-22-2009, 22:29
change your operating system to 32 bit, maybe your anti virus is not for 64 bit o.s. , try downloading to 64 bit, if problem is still there , need to format and change to vista 32 bit,

Nicky D
05-23-2009, 05:55
change your operating system to 32 bit, maybe your anti virus is not for 64 bit o.s. , try downloading to 64 bit, if problem is still there , need to format and change to vista 32 bit,

Most likely won't do anything since the one pc is 32bit XP and the AVG is definitely compatible with it. On my 64 bit machines I made sure that the av specs included 64bit computability.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions, just wish we could figure this out.

Patrick Graham
05-23-2009, 06:14
It would be interesting to look in the event logs.

Dandapani
05-23-2009, 06:38
http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t41404.html

23.06.2007 13:00
Hello, I was replying to an email just now using my gmail (googlemail) account when through my speakers I heard quite clearly a mysterious synthesized voice saying "Danger Danger"?

Does anyone know where this sound originates from as I have not been able to trace it from any of my installed software. I was wondering if this could be some sort of virus? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IndyGunFreak
05-24-2009, 15:39
Wouldn't you know it.. Fixed this problem at a friends house today.

It was a network issue w/ a software firewall... Not sure if that helps you out or not.

Go figure.

IGF

Nicky D
05-24-2009, 19:28
Wouldn't you know it.. Fixed this problem at a friends house today.

It was a network issue w/ a software firewall... Not sure if that helps you out or not.

Go figure.

IGF

Really, that is interesting. What exactly was the problem? What software was causing the problem? That is funny that you ran into this problem. Here I thought that I was crazy especially since there is next to nothing on the net about this issue. I wonder what I am doing that is triggering the sound.

IndyGunFreak
05-25-2009, 01:42
Really, that is interesting. What exactly was the problem? What software was causing the problem? That is funny that you ran into this problem. Here I thought that I was crazy especially since there is next to nothing on the net about this issue. I wonder what I am doing that is triggering the sound.

I should rephrase my last post, I "think" it was a network intrusion issue... Hers was doing it quite a bit more frequently than yours though, and apparently started Friday, but she didn't tell me till Sunday.

Honestly, I don't remember the software firewall, because her DSL provider installed it. Her homepage was yahoo.com, and when I started her browser to log in to the router, it took around 45sec to completely load, so I knew something wasn't right.

Whoever set up her DSL, did an absolutely shotty job. No wireless in the house, only the wired computer... They decided to turn wireless on, and then left it open and unsecured, and the router was left w/ all the default log in info. When I logged into the router, there were 7 people on her "wireless" network. I'm actually surprised nobody had changed the login info for the router. Anyway, they all got a rude awakening when I just shut the wireless off, as she had no need for it. Once I done that, sites began to load normally. I *suspect* someone that had gotten on her network had tried something, what I don't know. I ran avast and spybot, ccleaner, etc.. came back clear. Spybot came back w/ the normal adware crap, but that was it, nothing really out of the ordinary.

Once I closed the router off, scanned everything, etc.. it didn't do it again, so like I said, my presumption, is some script kiddie tried something. So fortunately she had her software firewall set up right, but had the router been set up properly, this probably would not have been an issue.

I'll tell you if it pops up again.

IGF

Nicky D
05-25-2009, 08:03
I should rephrase my last post, I "think" it was a network intrusion issue... Hers was doing it quite a bit more frequently than yours though, and apparently started Friday, but she didn't tell me till Sunday.

Honestly, I don't remember the software firewall, because her DSL provider installed it. Her homepage was yahoo.com, and when I started her browser to log in to the router, it took around 45sec to completely load, so I knew something wasn't right.

Whoever set up her DSL, did an absolutely shotty job. No wireless in the house, only the wired computer... They decided to turn wireless on, and then left it open and unsecured, and the router was left w/ all the default log in info. When I logged into the router, there were 7 people on her "wireless" network. I'm actually surprised nobody had changed the login info for the router. Anyway, they all got a rude awakening when I just shut the wireless off, as she had no need for it. Once I done that, sites began to load normally. I *suspect* someone that had gotten on her network had tried something, what I don't know. I ran avast and spybot, ccleaner, etc.. came back clear. Spybot came back w/ the normal adware crap, but that was it, nothing really out of the ordinary.

Once I closed the router off, scanned everything, etc.. it didn't do it again, so like I said, my presumption, is some script kiddie tried something. So fortunately she had her software firewall set up right, but had the router been set up properly, this probably would not have been an issue.

I'll tell you if it pops up again.

IGF

Thanks. I wonder if there is something on all of my pc's that is trying to send out something versus come in since the one pc is not networked.

Nicky D
01-25-2010, 14:30
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but I figured an update might be appreciated. I finally figured out what my problem is that was giving me this message. It has been happening off and on since I posted this but lately it has been non-stop on my one pc, the one I use the least. I finally narrowed it down to a heat issue. My motherboard has a program that monitors and sends out a warning when the threshold has been reached. I turned off the warning and the sound stopped. Now to see if I really am having an overheating issue. I don't really think that I am but will check.

I just thought that you might like to know in case you ever hear of something like this again.

kc8ykd
01-25-2010, 15:21
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but I figured an update might be appreciated. I finally figured out what my problem is that was giving me this message. It has been happening off and on since I posted this but lately it has been non-stop on my one pc, the one I use the least. I finally narrowed it down to a heat issue. My motherboard has a program that monitors and sends out a warning when the threshold has been reached. I turned off the warning and the sound stopped. Now to see if I really am having an overheating issue. I don't really think that I am but will check.

I just thought that you might like to know in case you ever hear of something like this again.

You might want to check with the manufacturer of your motherboard(s) to see if they have any kind of monitoring software.

I know asus has a free download that gives you real-time data as to fan speeds and temperatures of the cpu, mobo and anything else it can find to monitor, voltages as well.

This might help you figure out if you've got a fan that's failing or have an airflow issue.

cgwahl
01-25-2010, 16:13

Ha, I guess a message saying "Motherboard overheating" would have been too simple.

IndyGunFreak
01-25-2010, 18:19

It sends it to every PC on the network? Boy I bet that would really upset a System Admin of 100 PC's.. :)

IndyGunFreak
01-25-2010, 18:20
Ha, I guess a message saying "Motherboard overheating" would have been too simple.

:rofl:

Nicky D
01-28-2010, 11:38

That would be too easy.

It sends it to every PC on the network? Boy I bet that would really upset a System Admin of 100 PC's.. :)

Actually the pc's are not all connected to the network, so that is not it.

I finally had the time to take the 1 pc that was giving me the message all of the time. The thing that triggered the message seems to have been a dead fan! Luckily I had a spare one in a drawer. I still have a dead fan but that won't trigger any error messages.

Now to go and check the other pc's for dead fans.

Oh, the message was sent by my motherboards monitoring program. The thing that would have been nice would be for it to have given a pop up message as well as the audio warning. At least then I would have know where to look in the first place.

Any ways, glad to know that I finally figured this out.