How do I purchase a pistol? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do I purchase a pistol?

southernreign
05-22-2009, 22:11
Okay, how do I purchase a pistol from a friend... We both have our CCW permits... both live in the same state...
I actually have a pistol permit purchase certificate that I got before I received my CCW... and never used it... it is still valid... can I give that to him for his records... what info should he/I record on our records?
Anyone have any forms we can use for this transaction?

glockluver
05-22-2009, 23:22
To do it legal you to need to find a ffl dealer ex... pawn shop, gun shop and for a small fee they will handle the transfer paper work to batfe.If you or the other person doesn't
have ccw you will need pistol/handgun permit.

javi
05-23-2009, 07:32
Yes, you can give him you purchase permit... no need for FFL IF both people are permitted by law to purchase pistols, either need a permit or CHP... keep records

southernreign
05-23-2009, 08:52
Yes, you can give him you purchase permit... no need for FFL IF both people are permitted by law to purchase pistols, either need a permit or CHP... keep records

Thank you for your help...

bought a like-new Springfield XD9 (less than 200 rounds through it) compact dual tone pistol with two holsters and 350 rounds of ammo from a close friend for $460.oo. Think I got a good deal...

javi
05-23-2009, 15:27
It sounds like you did... Hell ammo alone nowadays is about 100
Congrats