Shooters Express range rates [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooters Express range rates

trane fan
05-23-2009, 17:29
I had an interesting and somewhat troubling experience at Shooters range this afternoon. I always bring my own gun(s), eyes/ears, ammo and targets so all I ever pay for is range time. I popped off 100 rounds in about 30 minutes and came back to the desk to pay. The guy (a kid in his early 20s) grabbed my card looked at the clock and said "$17.00". Keep in mind that the posted rates are $10.00 for 30 minutes and $15.00 for an hour (http://www.shootersexpress.com/firingrange.html). I did not say a word but just kept looking at him with an expression which communicated "You've got to be kidding". After a few seconds he looked back at the card and said "Oh, $10.00". I couldn't decide if the guy looked guilty or embarrassed. I said nothing further and left. The last couple of times I went there I thought I was charged a couple of bucks extra but I don't keep track of my time to the minute so I said nothing. Now I'm beginning to wonder if this is a pattern and the guy just got a little cocky today and jacked up the price to an obviously incorrect level. Has anyone else had a similar experience at Shooters?

javi
05-23-2009, 18:31
probably looked guilty... Used to go there... Used to. it has been a couple of years, more than once left thinking there is something wrong...

bucky_925
05-23-2009, 18:46
Come on up I85 about 45 mins and we will shoot for free.

blgoode
06-17-2009, 17:39
I too had very similar experience. Bought a wilson combat 45D mag, 1 hour of shooting, with their foam ear plugs, my eyes and rounds and it was like $70. Went there to get my CCW class and it was different - won't go back again.

Wolfpack1
06-21-2009, 12:40
Honestly I am never happy with any of the shops around the greater Charlotte area, Firepower, Hyatt, or Shooter's Express. Anyone have any places with good prices and good service? Hyatt treats everyone like they are an idiot and the salesmen never know jack.

blgoode
06-21-2009, 13:07
I like great outdoor in cherryville and american tactical pawn in shelby.

USMC Ryfleman
06-21-2009, 13:43
Shooters Express USED to be good, pre 2004ish, now they are just as bad as Hyatts (though Hyatts will wheel and deal). Shooters can KMA. I dont go there and I spread the word...................

Wolfpack1
06-21-2009, 19:34
To OP didnt mean to threadjack.

shooters will come off the price some. about 2 years ago i got my first glock from Hyatt for 489, now it was like pulling teeth to get anything off of their sticker price. they will usually take off 10%.

blgoode
06-21-2009, 19:49
Shooters won't knock off any on the price right now. They wanted way too much for a G19 about 3 months back. In their shop on my cell I called hyatts and got a way better price on the phone. I showed them cash and told them the price I was told by "another shop not far away". They said no mark down. I told Hyatts hold the gun I am on the way. 20 min later I saved about 90 bucks on a new G19 :)

I just shook my head at the Shooters guys. Turning down a guy to spend money is just ballzy when the G19 sells for $489 at my local shop(they were out), hyatts was $540 (not their floor price), and shooters won't budge......shooters won't even find me buying earplugs from them any longer.

USMC Ryfleman
06-22-2009, 17:05
Shooters won't knock off any on the price right now. They wanted way too much for a G19 about 3 months back. In their shop on my cell I called hyatts and got a way better price on the phone. I showed them cash and told them the price I was told by "another shop not far away". They said no mark down. I told Hyatts hold the gun I am on the way. 20 min later I saved about 90 bucks on a new G19 :)

I just shook my head at the Shooters guys. Turning down a guy to spend money is just ballzy when the G19 sells for $489 at my local shop(they were out), hyatts was $540 (not their floor price), and shooters won't budge......shooters won't even find me buying earplugs from them any longer.

+1 Same thing happened to me by those *********s, hence why I dont go there, nor reccomend those turds to anyone. F 'em