http://www.pbase.com/image/112983500/original
http://www.pbase.com/image/112983502/original

mhambi
05-26-2009, 14:25
Nice. I especially like the 1st.

MrsKitty
05-26-2009, 16:40
Oh man, that first one really gets me. :crying:

Very nice capture. It brings tears to my eyes. Really effective. I wish I couldn't tell the make/model/age of the vehicle in the middle----it would lend it to being timeless, but that's not a major issue for me.

The second one, although nice and powerful, it doesn't make me hurt. I know the hallways are lined with those who gave all they had for us but it's not that realistic for me. I think that comes from very few mausoleums being around here so it's not "realistic" to me. The b/w conversion is spot-on though.

MrsKitty
05-26-2009, 16:43
Oh man, that first one really gets me. :crying:

Very nice capture. It brings tears to my eyes. Really effective. I wish I couldn't tell the make/model/age of the vehicle in the middle----it would lend it to being timeless, but that's not a major issue for me.

The second one, although nice and powerful, it doesn't make me hurt. I know the hallways are lined with those who gave all they had for us but it's not that realistic for me. I think that comes from very few mausoleums being around here so it's not "realistic" to me. The b/w conversion is spot-on though.

hwyhobo
05-26-2009, 17:41
Thanks, mhambi.

misskitty5077, I left the truck in (not that hard to take it out with some patience) because I felt it added to the casual nature of the second participant, thus strengthening the juxtaposition of the two.

MrsKitty
05-26-2009, 21:13
Thanks, mhambi.

misskitty5077, I left the truck in (not that hard to take it out with some patience) because I felt it added to the casual nature of the second participant, thus strengthening the juxtaposition of the two.

Yeah. I like it being there, I just would like it not being recognizable as far as dating it. If weren't recognizable it could be WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Gulf War, etc. In my mind that would open it up to being more universal than dated.

It works though. :sad: