Anyone receive a reply from Charley Crist [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone receive a reply from Charley Crist

JerryVO
05-26-2009, 11:38
I know many of us wrote him about raiding the CWP funds, has anyone received a reply beyond the autoreply form letter or heard any update on this issue?

Usingmyrights
05-26-2009, 12:31
Not yet. It took several weeks though to hear back from my representative on something though.

faawrenchbndr
05-26-2009, 14:11
Nothing yet

40 Cal Joe
05-26-2009, 14:36
Nothing from Chuck except and auto reply...."thanks for contacting....Blah blah, blah. I did recieve a lengthy response form my state representative. Here is his response. Take it for what its worth.

Dear,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thank you for your recent email regarding the issue of funding for the processing of concealed weapons permits. I appreciate your interest in this issue.

First, let me be clear that this funding transfer was not a “sneak attack” on gun owners as some have termed it. This proposal was first proposed by Governor Crist on February 20th of this year, nearly three months ago. Nor did it single out gun owners, as the Governor suggested transferring funds from numerous areas of the budget. In the final budget over $588 million was transferred.

Second, let me assure you that even with the transfer having taken place, the state has dedicated more dollars than ever before- over $18 million next year- towards processing concealed weapons permits. This sum is an increase of over 40% from next year’s start-up budget for processing concealed weapons permits. None of the transfer will impact the concealed weapons permit licensing program, and if the program for some reason needs more resources than the current $18 million appropriation, then requests for additional funding will be considered and appropriated if needed.

While I understand that the fact that certain dollars might be transferred within the state budget can be disheartening, please be aware that no one group was singled out for transfer. Facing a $6 billion dollar deficit, many funds were transferred in order to fund the core missions of state government- education, health care and public safety. I am committed to making sure that each dollar entrusted to the state- whether in a trust fund or the general fund- is used responsibly and that the taxpayers of Florida are protected.

The Working Capital Fund that you spoke of in your email is currently the General Revenue Fund, which also serves as the savings account used to pay the state’s obligations in the face of a budget shortfall. As I mentioned above, this year the state faced a deficit of $6 billion dollars. While we have been able to fill that shortfall, if the state should continue to realize revenues below estimates, the savings in our working capital will be vital to ensuring the ability to fund our children’s schools, keep hospitals open and to continue to ensure public safety.<o:p></o:p>
You would have to look hard to find someone more supportive of Floridians’ Second Amendment Rights than House Republicans. We have been stalwart supporters of gun owners’ rights and the rights of Floridians to defend themselves and their families. Our support for you and your rights remains strong.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on this important issue. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact my office.<o:p></o:p>
Sincerely,
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 138pt; HEIGHT: 82.5pt" id=Picture_x0020_0 alt="Troutman Signature.BMP" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:image001.png@01C9D57F.633C0310" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\JOSEPH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
Representative Baxter G. Troutman
District 66

rvrctyrngr
05-28-2009, 05:25
Nope....didn't expect one, either. My Rep and Senator both replied (positively), though.

40 Cal Joe
05-28-2009, 10:43
In case you missed it, Gov. Crist did veto the measure we and the NRA asked him for. Thanks to everyone who contacted him on behalf of this matter.:wavey:

Usingmyrights
05-28-2009, 12:19
In case you missed it, Gov. Crist did veto the measure we and the NRA asked him for. Thanks to everyone who contacted him on behalf of this matter.:wavey:

He also vetoed the 2% pay cut for state employees making over $45k a year. That helps my dad out quite a bit.

40 Cal Joe
05-28-2009, 13:25
I am happy for your dad on that one.

whitebogger
06-14-2009, 11:18
I em the gov. I got the same reply. It was " yah dah, yah dah, yah dah ". We know what he was thinking, " i do not want to piss off nra members, all of them vote. Honey, please find my veto pen, and my sun tan lotion. I do not want to look too white".

haz2nav
06-14-2009, 20:49
No response but he vetoed it so Yeaaa! He is running for the Senate so he is looking for some votes. I'm pissed he took the stimulus and that he was running all over the state with Obama glad handing it. He lost me no matter Rubio is the man.