Can't open my pictures [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can't open my pictures

crater
05-27-2009, 08:39
Any idea why, all of the sudden, my pictures will not open? I was doing fine at one point, then all of the sudden the pictures will not open and I get a message that such and such jpeg file cannot be opened.

Kind of hard to explain what is going on but in a nutshell, that's it. I can delete, move, etc. but not open them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

IndyGunFreak
05-27-2009, 09:21
Any idea why, all of the sudden, my pictures will not open? I was doing fine at one point, then all of the sudden the pictures will not open and I get a message that such and such jpeg file cannot be opened.

Kind of hard to explain what is going on but in a nutshell, that's it. I can delete, move, etc. but not open them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

What program are you trying to open them in?.. Is this happening across several different programs?

IGF

Hackett
05-27-2009, 09:27
Yeah, more details are def needed here.

crater
05-27-2009, 10:05
The message is coming from Nero Photo Snap Viewer. I can not honestly say that this is the program that I was always using. The pictures are downloaded from my camera by Scanner & Camera Wizard. Hope this helps.

MavsX
05-27-2009, 10:24
right click the file you want to open, then choose "open with", then "choose program." then select the program you want. You could go with windows picture and fax viewer. Or internet explorer,

Hackett
05-27-2009, 10:47
what is the file extension on the file you are trying to open?

.img, .jpg, .jpeg?

IndyGunFreak
05-27-2009, 12:21
right click the file you want to open, then choose "open with", then "choose program." then select the program you want. You could go with windows picture and fax viewer. Or internet explorer,

This..

That will isolate it as to whether its a problem w/ the program(which seems pretty likely), or if its a problem w/ the images.

IGF

crater
05-27-2009, 16:44
what is the file extension on the file you are trying to open?

.img, .jpg, .jpeg?

They are .jpeg files.

Thanks.

crater
05-27-2009, 16:46
This..

That will isolate it as to whether its a problem w/ the program(which seems pretty likely), or if its a problem w/ the images.

IGF

I tried the open with option using windows picture and fax viewer, and honestly this is the best I have ever seen.

Took me awhile to learn how to print them, but I sure am happy and appreciate everybody's input.

Thanks again and I owe you all a beer....