"Limited Connectivity" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Limited Connectivity"

T4A
05-28-2009, 15:40
I get this message on my laptop, and it kicks me off the internet. Sometimes it will last 60 minutes before doing it, sometimes it lasts 2 minutes. I have xp on my home computer and vista on my laptop, but can't figure out why I can't keep the connection. It ALWAYS boots me off, just a matter of when. Any ideas?
Thanks
Todd

grokdesigns
05-28-2009, 15:49
Have you updated the drivers for your wireless card and updated the firmware for your router?

RaiderRodney
05-29-2009, 11:08
Is it just happening on the laptop or on your desktop as well? I get this occasionally when my ISP craps out.

If it's just your laptop then make sure you have updated your wireless drivers and firmware as grok suggested. Sounds like your getting some signal interference to me...signal strength good?

T4A
05-29-2009, 13:10
It only happens on my laptop.Signal strength is good while its running, then when it says "limited connectivity it only has one bar" I'll try updating my drivers as suggested.

Sgt. Schultz
05-29-2009, 14:39
A few more questions for you ...

How far is the laptop from the router when it happens?

Do you have any other wireless equipment like cordless phones, Bluetooth devices?

What's between the router and the laptop?

What brand and model router are you using?

T4A
06-03-2009, 17:07
I updated the network driver and that seems to have been the problem. Thanks guys.

IndyGunFreak
06-03-2009, 17:34
Is it just happening on the laptop or on your desktop as well? I get this occasionally when my ISP craps out.?

Thats what I was thinking... I've found whenever I get this error its always a problem before the cable modem.

NGWT
06-04-2009, 00:58
You found your answer but I'll throw this out there.

I have desktop with a USB wireless 'N' card. Works great. Every so often it would lose connectivity. Drove me bonkers. Finally figured it out.

Every time I would turn off or disconnect something from the USB bus, it would reset the network adapter.

Haven't figure out how to fix it yet, but at least now I can prepare for it. Luckily I don't connect/disconnect stuff from my USB often.

T4A
06-04-2009, 18:52
worked fine yesterday, but when i try to watch video online it goes out. it's a d-link wbr-1310. maybe it's not a high speed router? i got it from my in laws.

Tennessee Slim
06-05-2009, 10:10
What sort of authentication are you using? When I see the limited connectivity message, I usually find the NIC is connected to the WAP but isn't authenticated.

T4A
06-05-2009, 11:28
How would i check this?