Flash drive question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Flash drive question

G-19
05-28-2009, 18:29
I was wondering if it is possible to put games on a flash drive to be played on a computer that is not on line. Being that it is a work computer I can not download the program to the computer. Is it possible to play games from the flash drive? Where do I get these games? How do they work?

I am a 3rd shifter with about 3 hours of down time and looking for something to do to waste time.

Thanks in advance.

Sgt. Schultz
05-28-2009, 18:34
Depending on the game, absolutely but since you are talking about a work computer you should ask yourself if it's worth risking your job to pay games at work.

G-19
05-28-2009, 18:40
My supervisor does not care, heck he will probably want them too. We are just limited because of the IT guy.

Sgt. Schultz
05-28-2009, 18:53
My supervisor does not care, heck he will probably want them too. We are just limited because of the IT guy.It's your job but FWIW the "IT guy" doesn't set company policy, somebody higher up the ladder does and just because a "third shift supervisor" doesn't care if the right person finds out do you think your supervisor is going to take the heat for you? Just my 2 cents ... as an "IT guy".

That said ... you can find quite a few free games by using Google.

prism
05-28-2009, 22:15
http://portableapps.com/apps/games

G-19
05-29-2009, 21:33
thanks Prism

3 weelin geezer
06-06-2009, 07:04
I have MAME games on mine. I also have a few NES games that play fine off a 4 Gb drive. I don't take them to work though. That way, when the computer breaks, it wasn't my fault even if the cause is unknown and it might have been my flash drive.

silsby
06-07-2009, 18:11
Yes, you can play games stored on your flashdrive. I have done it in the past, but have decided against doing this currently. Thus if the work system goes down, I can't be held responsible in any fashion. Besides, big brother may be watching!!!

solomansousana
06-09-2009, 12:31
I have quite a few U3 flash drives that have numerous programs on them from firfox to mozilla to opera to mcaffee, open office, tons of games. All of which can be found at www.u3.com (http://www.u3.com)

The drive I carry with me all the time is an 8gb Sandisk Cruiser with OpenOffice so that I can read and work on all sorts of MS office documents, it has a PDF reader on it, it has it's own McAffee protection to secure the drive upon insertion, has photo software, a PDA, tons of games, file recovery software, and anonymizer, which is a browser that works like Mozilla Firefox but connects to servers and lets you serf anonymously without worries from drive by downloads or viruses. I also use a digital visa with codes that change every 30 seconds preventing theft by allowing only one purchase per coded number. Plus, the drive has a password saver.

quickcanary
06-17-2009, 08:22
A lot of these are fun to pass the time:

http://www.techcult.com/the-150-best-online-flash-games/

Better hope the IT guy doesn't care either, though. It's quite easy to monitor PC usage, sites visited, etc. ;) Just don't want you to get reported, but you know your work environment better than I do so play at your own risk!