CZ 75B Omega Range Report [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75B Omega Range Report

Paul7
05-28-2009, 19:46
Really like this gun. Only ran about 75 rounds through it due to the ammo shortage, but flawless function, and hitting a 3" target at 25 yards is very doable. The Omega trigger is much better than the standard 75B trigger. I would describe it as half-way between the standard 75B and a custom CZ job. I just put factory rubber grips on and it feels even better.

$455 on Gunbroker.

pangloss9
05-28-2009, 20:07
Thanks for the report. I've been thinking of getting a CZ for some time now and am very curious about the new Omega trigger. The only CZ I've shot was a beat up range gun (pre-Omega), but it was really a pleasure to shoot. How would you compare the Omega trigger to a good SA only trigger?

Paul7
05-30-2009, 18:41
Thanks for the report. I've been thinking of getting a CZ for some time now and am very curious about the new Omega trigger. The only CZ I've shot was a beat up range gun (pre-Omega), but it was really a pleasure to shoot. How would you compare the Omega trigger to a good SA only trigger?I wouldn't call it that good, it has some take-up but breaks consistently. I expect it to get even better with time. The CZ 75 has the best grip feel to me of any 9mm I've shot.

There's been a lot of innovative guns out from CZ the last few years. Glock's innovations the last 20 years have been, what, fish scales on the slide?

I came across this about the CZ-75 and thought it was kind of neat: "The CZ 75 is the most used pistol in the world. Over 60 countries use it as the standard side arm of their Armies, National police forces, National security agencies or other Law enforcement organizations. No other pistol can make this claim."

bac1023
05-31-2009, 10:12
Thanks.

I've heard good things about the Omega trigger.

Paul7
05-31-2009, 17:43
Thanks.

I've heard good things about the Omega trigger.

bac, how is the trigger on your stainless 75B?

I hear the pre-B triggers are great, but I've never shot one.

Small Tony
06-07-2009, 05:26
bac, how is the trigger on your stainless 75B?

I hear the pre-B triggers are great, but I've never shot one.

If I could jump in here. I have the CZ 75B stainless 9mm 16 rounds. I really like the smooth trigger pull. It is the DA/SA but no decocker. I mean I guess you could manually decock it but don't want to.

It is hard to ride with one in the chamber with the hammer cocked back. Seems awkward and could get caught up on something.

I checked out the CZ Custom web site. I want to know if it were possible to add a decocker to it? It said on the web site just about anything is possible.

I emailed them yesterday but probably won't hear back from them for a few days. I thought I would ask you in the mean time.

Gary1911A1
06-07-2009, 05:58
Hello Small Tony, I don't think it's possible on the regular CZ 75, but it is on the Omega if you can get the parts. There is a regular CZ 75 with a decocker in blue finish though, but it doesn't have the beavertail tang on the newer stainless or Omega.

Small Tony
06-07-2009, 11:18
Hello Small Tony, I don't think it's possible on the regular CZ 75, but it is on the Omega if you can get the parts. There is a regular CZ 75 with a decocker in blue finish though, but it doesn't have the beavertail tang on the newer stainless or Omega.

Your right it can't be done on the cz75b. I got my response from CZ Customs already and a no go.....I really like the pistol and the high round mag.

There is no other way to have one in the chamber unless I manually decock it? Yes? I am a bit nervous about that.

Gary1911A1
06-07-2009, 18:56
Your right it can't be done on the cz75b. I got my response from CZ Customs already and a no go.....I really like the pistol and the high round mag.

There is no other way to have one in the chamber unless I manually decock it? Yes? I am a bit nervous about that.

None that I can think of. At almost 57 I have manually decocked many pistols in my time including CZ type pistols. I usually use my weak hand thumb to block the hammer as I lower the hammer and get my finger off the trigger as soon as I can. Some pistols have half cock notches which will catch and then I do the same over again except there is usually no room for my weak hand thumb to block the hammer. A good backstop also helps. Good Luck.

8th ID
08-19-2009, 21:12
I have a CZ 75B and it seems no more dangerous to me to carry one in the chamber than it does to carry a round in the chamber in a Glock. The CZ has a manual safety that has to be moved and then the trigger has to be pulled. It also has a firing pin block.

sigsauermaniac
04-03-2010, 13:20
carrying cocked n'locked is 0 problems as it is with a glock. the glock you cant see the striker, but one in the chamber of any glocks mean the striker cocked as well.

the safety on a glock is between your shoulders, the cz you even get a manual safety on it....

Apetrulis01
04-07-2010, 11:33
With the CZ 75, hold the hammer, pull the trigger and then let it go, the hammer will still be able to move forward but no the firing pin safety is back engaged which wil help if you lower the hammer. I have a STI GP6 which you have to lower the hammer yourself. Never had a problem with it at all.

Try it on your CZ with no rounds in the chamber. Cock the hammer. Hold the hammer with your oppisite hand, pull the trigger, the hammer should move forward a little and then let the trigger go all the way forward. No let the hammer go and see if it goes all the way to the firing pin, it shouldn't because the firing pin is back in the way.

This will give you an extra amount of confidence when you lower the hammer down with your fingers in case you slip. But I have never had an AD lowering the hammer myself.

Adam

Small Tony
04-07-2010, 14:00
With the CZ 75, hold the hammer, pull the trigger and then let it go, the hammer will still be able to move forward but no the firing pin safety is back engaged which wil help if you lower the hammer. I have a STI GP6 which you have to lower the hammer yourself. Never had a problem with it at all.

Try it on your CZ with no rounds in the chamber. Cock the hammer. Hold the hammer with your oppisite hand, pull the trigger, the hammer should move forward a little and then let the trigger go all the way forward. No let the hammer go and see if it goes all the way to the firing pin, it shouldn't because the firing pin is back in the way.

This will give you an extra amount of confidence when you lower the hammer down with your fingers in case you slip. But I have never had an AD lowering the hammer myself.

Adam

Since my posts in this thread I have comfortably (after practice at the range) learned how to do this.