Daughters school on lock down today due to home invasion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Daughters school on lock down today due to home invasion

LoadedTech
05-29-2009, 17:50
Got news from my girl about 11:30 today that daughters school was on lockdown, heres the story:
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-virignia-beach-home-invasion,0,3768113.story

Glad the homeowner got the gun from one BG and shot, too bad a couple got away. This is within 2 miles from my house, guess its time to sell......

Nicko
05-29-2009, 18:20
Wow just heard about this story about a half hour ago. Great job by the homeowner though.

LoadedTech
05-29-2009, 20:19
To me it sounds like he (homeowner) would have been better off armed in the first place. Talked to daughter about the situation and how we dont just open the door because someone rings the bell and such. We watched it on the news and talked about what she heard, and did at school. Keeping in mind, what I knew from the vid. They turn off lights and hide under desks or in corner of room. After they lock doors and windows. Too bad teachers cant be armed for such situations.

Nicko
05-30-2009, 13:41
Too bad teachers cant be armed for such situations.

I agree with your whole statement loaded, especially this one. How do you think the teacher would feel knowing that they have no means to protect the children if these low-lifes broke there way in.

curtiswr
05-30-2009, 20:45
They turn off lights and hide under desks or in corner of room.

That worked really well for Virginia Tech.

:dunno:

LoadedTech
05-30-2009, 20:52
I thought it was a little sheepish myself. But, if they were all looking out the windows and BG comes around corner and sees all the kids IDing him, he could just fire at random. I would prefer a well armed, trained teacher, and them in a corner down low.

curtiswr
05-30-2009, 21:41
That would be better. The first obstacle is making it legal for teachers to carry... the next would be convincing the sheeple teachers (those that are sheeple, not saying all teachers are sheeple) that it's a good idea to carry.

A daunting task, but maybe one day we'll get there.