Camp Arifjan, Kuwait [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Camp Arifjan, Kuwait

Falling Crow
06-01-2009, 07:17
I was just notified that I will be deploying to Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in a few weeks for a one year tour. By all indications I will spend my entire tour there. I was there once before, in 2003, but only for a few hours. Can someone who has been there more recently give me some idea of how the place is set up now (housing, email/phone access, etc.)? What do I need to take with me, what would be "nice to have", etc?
Thanks!

One_November
06-09-2009, 12:42
I was just notified that I will be deploying to Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in a few weeks for a one year tour. By all indications I will spend my entire tour there. I was there once before, in 2003, but only for a few hours. Can someone who has been there more recently give me some idea of how the place is set up now (housing, email/phone access, etc.)? What do I need to take with me, what would be "nice to have", etc?
Thanks!

Falling Crow you are going to paradise, the set up is really nice with all ammenities at your disposal. I have spent 30 months in Iraq (two tours) and my few days in Arifjan were just wonderful. The only thing it would be nice to take with you is your family other than that hope you have some down time to enjoy the camp. I don't know if you've been anywhere in Iraq, but if you do you know Arifjan is a nice place to spend 12 months collecting FSA, FDP, HFP, etc. If you haven't, well TRUST ME it is a nice place to spend 12 months.

BlackPaladin
06-09-2009, 13:50
Im headed there too

CPT_CRUNCH
06-26-2009, 22:40
take lots of rubbers!

BlackPaladin
06-27-2009, 05:38
I will be there this next friday, FC, it would be good to meet up when you arrive!

Falling Crow
06-27-2009, 07:25
I will be there this next friday, FC, it would be good to meet up when you arrive!

Thanks! I'm at Benning CRC now-should be there in a week or two....