How do I remove Limewire from Mac? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove Limewire from Mac?

Romadoc
06-01-2009, 10:47
It seems to me that my latest download of Limewire 5 would allow sharing from my ITunes list. This is an unwanted invasion of other files.
How then do I completely remove Limewire from my Imac?
Also, if it is removed from Imac, will it then also be removed from my remote back-up?

darin2
06-01-2009, 22:33
Usually with a Mac you just go to the applications folder and drag the program into the trash can. Very simple. Not sure about your remote backup. Usually those type of things back up files (pics, docs, movies, etc) and not applications.

Darin

IndyGunFreak
06-01-2009, 23:00
It seems to me that my latest download of Limewire 5 would allow sharing from my ITunes list. This is an unwanted invasion of other files.
How then do I completely remove Limewire from my Imac?
Also, if it is removed from Imac, will it then also be removed from my remote back-up?

Its been a long time since I used Limewire, but I've used Frostwire quite a bit over the years, and I believe they are fairly similar. Can you assign Limewire folders to watch specific folders, and only those folders. Thats what I've done w/ Frostwire, and it never has been a problem.

IGF

MavsX
06-02-2009, 06:39
rule of thumb. Do not install lime wire or any other P2P software. but that is just my opinion. :)

IndyGunFreak
06-02-2009, 08:59
rule of thumb. Do not install lime wire or any other P2P software. but that is just my opinion. :)

Good advice...

If I didn't use Linux, I would not use either one. Limewire/Frostwire/etc, are all just wrought with viruses and spyware.

IGF