Governor Charlie Crist Vetoes bill [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Governor Charlie Crist Vetoes bill

gatorider
06-02-2009, 01:32
On Wednesday, May 27, Governor Charlie Crist used his veto pen to veto the $6 Million raid on the Concealed Weapons and Firearms Licensing Trust Fund sweep put in the budget by the legislature.

Governor Crist deserves our profound appreciation for his veto.

The legislature intended to take $6 million from the Division of Licensing Concealed Weapons and Firearm Trust Fund that is intended, by law, to be used solely for administering the concealed weapons and firearms licensing program.

I know many of you, including myself contacted charlie on this issue, with no response. But this certainly makes up for that. Thank you Charlie

onebigelf
06-02-2009, 03:06
On Wednesday, May 27, Governor Charlie Crist used his veto pen to veto the $6 Million raid on the Concealed Weapons and Firearms Licensing Trust Fund sweep put in the budget by the legislature.

Governor Crist deserves our profound appreciation for his veto.

The legislature intended to take $6 million from the Division of Licensing Concealed Weapons and Firearm Trust Fund that is intended, by law, to be used solely for administering the concealed weapons and firearms licensing program.

I know many of you, including myself contacted charlie on this issue, with no response. But this certainly makes up for that. Thank you Charlie

That much was a good move. He should have vetoed the entire thing. There were raids on just about every "Trust" fund in the state budget totaling over 120 million dollars. Even that is a drop in the bucket compared to the money Crist has blown to buy sugar plantations from US Sugar so that we can
1. Import sugar from Argentina
2. Reduce state revenues by converting what was once taxed land in private hands producing a valued crop into state owned swamp. (like we don't have enough freaking swamp in Florida!
3. Create a looming budget disaster in infrastructure management. Restoring this once productive farmland to swamp is raising the water level in the everglades. Estimates are that levels will stabilize +1 ft. None of the roads and highways were BUILT for a water table a ft higher and the road bases are eroding due to water intrusion. We are coming up with zip to stabilize the problem. If we can't come up with a solution we'll be doing major reworks, not just resurfacing, on THOUSANDS of miles worth of state roadways. Not to mention what it will cost counties and municipalities to redo their roads. Expect that they will sue the state to recover the monies from their budgets.

This action and the veto of the 2% salary cut for state employees are attempts to garner the votes Crist needs for his Senate campaign.

He's just a politician in the worst sense of the word.

John

Oldskoolfan
06-03-2009, 20:28
Isn't he a Republican?

onebigelf
06-03-2009, 21:03
Isn't he a Republican?

Only in name. Crist is an excellent example of what's wrong with the party and I look forward to working with Mario Rubio's campaign.

John

gatorider
06-04-2009, 15:19
Well, in no way was my post a thumbs up of any kind for Charlie. Except for the last two sentences, I simply copied and pasted this story from the NRA website. Overall, I am very disappointed with Charlie as a republican. He's taking the Republican party down the same road Arnold and John McCain and others are. I am however happy he vetoed this one hot-button issue.
I am keeping a close watch on Marco Rubio

http://marcorubio.com