Bringing my Glock from US to the Philippines... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bringing my Glock from US to the Philippines...

Giggity-Giggity
06-02-2009, 18:08
Is it possible? I've been traveling with my Glock here in the States for competition and of course protection. (I have a US concealed carry license and have complied with airport traveling gun laws) Now would like to visit my complete family back home and check out the local shooting ranges.

I've searched everywhere on the Internet on Phil. Gun Laws and cannot find the information. I'd like to read more about gun laws between the US and the Philippines.

So my fellow pinoys, can I bring my Glock to the Motherland?

isuzu
06-02-2009, 18:19
I believe you can temporarily import your firearm to the country if there is an internationally-sanctioned competition.

Try the PPSA, IPSC or the USPSA website. They might have info with regards to your inquiry.

Giggity-Giggity
06-02-2009, 18:45
Salamat isu.

bugoyski
06-02-2009, 19:52
Maybe you could bring in a dozen 'extra'. You'll make a lot of Pinoys happy. :supergrin:

superman79
06-03-2009, 00:14
Best to email JETHRO. He knows a lot about this topic.

honoluluglocker
06-04-2009, 00:30
Give me your number and i will tell you how..Ive done it last year and will be going home this June to compete again. This time 2 glock's.

jimbullet
06-05-2009, 05:54
Very topical for me. Can you PM me the process as well. Sure hope it is not too complicated.

vega
06-05-2009, 08:45
How about posting it here so all non-Phil based can do it?

9MX
06-05-2009, 09:06
email the PPSA, i'm sure the procedures are for all IPSC accredited shooters

Telephone:
(02)882-8244
Fax:
(02)882-7973
Mobile:
Globe: 09178869340
Sun Cel: 09235968211
email:
ppsa@pldtdsl.net

orimar3
06-05-2009, 14:39
The only reason for you to temporarily import your firearm into the Phils. is for sport shooting competitions. The authorization is issued by the PNP and MUST be endorsed by the PPSA. The permit you get is a transport permit and only allows you to carry your firearm unloaded & in a gun case when outside the match venue. The transport permit is NOT a concealed carry permit. More importantly, you will need to take your firearm with you when you leave the country. Failure to do so forfeits whatever cash guarantee you may have been charged as gurantee upon your entry and may potentialy make you liable and blacklisting with the PPSA. Hope this helps.

honoluluglocker
06-05-2009, 18:57
heres how I did it:
Get letter from your IPSC region president endorsing you to compete in the Philippines. Once you get the letter from IPSC president, your itinerary,your gun info (make/caliber/serial#) and how many bullets you want to bring and which competition you want to attend. Email/fax/mail all this info to PPSA. Give PPSA at least 2-3 weeks to get your permit. Once you get to the Philippines, the airport authorities will make you leave a bond (~20% value of gun) you will get all this back once you leave the country. Separate guns from bullets on your baggage, and bring your firearm registration for reentry on your country of origin.

vega
06-06-2009, 00:01
Once you get to the Philippines, the airport authorities will make you leave a bond (~20% value of gun) you will get all this back once you leave the country. .
Cash? Peso or Dollar?

and bring your firearm registration for reentry on your country of origin.
We do not have registration here in US, what did you used? DROS copy?

Thanks for the reply.

honoluluglocker
06-06-2009, 01:30
cash only...peso or dollar is fine.

Yes we do have firearms registration here in Hawaii. Once you leave the gun store, you have to bring the firearm to the firearms division at the police station for registration and they will give you a little paper that states this gun is registered under your name. i guess you could use whatever official document from your home state that you could show airport authorities that says this gun is registered under your name. I dont remember what paperwork I got back when i bought my first firearm in San Diego, that was 15 yrs ago. Hope this helps

jimbullet
06-06-2009, 02:24
Basic question, presumably, if you deposit USD, then it comes back as USD (no conversion to PHI currency)...

honoluluglocker
06-06-2009, 10:32
jimbullet, the money you deposit stays with the paperwork you have to fill out for your firearms once you arrive at the airport. Its the same paperwork you see on your way out of the country. On my experience it was the same dollars that I deposited, i know cause I wrote the serial numbers for my reference. No money exchange for me.:whistling:

goldfinger
06-08-2009, 17:37
Is it possible? I've been traveling with my Glock here in the States for competition and of course protection. (I have a US concealed carry license and have complied with airport traveling gun laws) Now would like to visit my complete family back home and check out the local shooting ranges.

I've searched everywhere on the Internet on Phil. Gun Laws and cannot find the information. I'd like to read more about gun laws between the US and the Philippines.

So my fellow pinoys, can I bring my Glock to the Motherland?

Off Topic lang, Sir you mentioned in your post you have a US concealed Carry License, just two questions, Are you a LE? And is your CCW valid in the Communist State of California?

PMMA97
06-12-2009, 06:00
Once you get to the Philippines, the airport authorities will make you leave a bond (~20% value of gun) you will get all this back once you leave the country.

Wow!:whistling: