OT: Hatsan Model 80 Break Barrel Air Rifle [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hatsan Model 80 Break Barrel Air Rifle

Poodle
06-04-2009, 07:02
Bought a Hatsan Model 80 Break Barrel Air Rifle at Hahn Baguio of all places (it seems that the sales personnel in Hahn Baguio are more knowledgeable and accomodating than the ones in Hahn Mega Mall). They have new stocks now and they even have the Torpedo (the .22 caliber rated at 1000 to 1250 fps). The Model 80 is rated at 750 fps only but I chose it because I find the Torpedo very heavy (with twice the price at P14T +).

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/pdf/hatsan_airguns_08.pdf

I have an Armscor CO2 airgun (black with retractable stock) but I'm having trouble hitting targets at 25 meters (maybe it's only me - but I can hit small targets like soda caps - tansan - at 80 meters with the Remington 597 .22 LR so maybe it's not me).

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z83/PoodleTofi/hatsan801.jpg

The Model 80 has many plastic components and is very difficult to cock as the mechanism is still stiff. Hope it loosens up some in time. Tried shooting soda cans at 15 meters (will try tomorrow at longer distances) as it was getting dark. Out of the box, the sights were set at the target hold as I was hitting high. It was centered when it came to windage. Will try to determine tomorrow the pellet penetration in wood. They say that the torpedo can penetrate a 1 inch thick wooden barrier. Am using dome headed Haendler & Natermann Diabolo Sport pellets. I was warned not to use certain local pellets because they get stuck in the barrel due to their bigger diameters.

For its price, I can say offhand that the Model 80 is a good buy.:wavey:

Poodle
06-04-2009, 07:13
There is a company in Valenzuela, MM called JBC Wood and Metal Mfg. (14S Marcelo St., Maysan Rd. - tel. no. 292-5215) that manufactures compressed air rifles. It is rated at 1000 fps also as I was made to understand. It is pricey however at P19T for the basic gun and P11T for the manual compressor. The compressor is very difficult to operate and if I were to buy one, I would probably buy a scuba tank in lieu of a manual compressor.

It's pricey for P30T. For that price, I'd rather buy a ruger or just add a few thousnad more for an AK47. But it's only me.

I only want an air rifle that can shoot accurately at 30 meters (if it can shoot accurately over 30 meters it's already a bonus) and the Hatsan might be a less pricey alternative.

pipo
06-10-2009, 07:21
the synthetic stocks of most hatsan springers do tend to crack due to the force of the recoil. Suggest you get one with a wooden stock instead. With hatsans at 20 meters (2inch targets) is no problem-- shooting offhand. After of course firing a certain number of pellets to hone the barrel

CatsMeow
06-10-2009, 19:38
Re the Armscor CO2 rifle, I can see why you can't hit with it, I tried one and the retractable stock is rather uncomfortable and not the best for precision shooting. And me wanting one when I was in high school...:supergrin:

Hope they will reduce prices a bit at the gunshow next month.

Poodle
06-15-2009, 07:04
Re the Armscor CO2 rifle, I can see why you can't hit with it, I tried one and the retractable stock is rather uncomfortable and not the best for precision shooting. And me wanting one when I was in high school...:supergrin:

Hope they will reduce prices a bit at the gunshow next month.

Yes, the Armscor retractable stock is very uncomfortable. I can't manage consistent hits at 25 meters.

I added a bipod to the Hatsan air rifle and zeroed it at 25 meters. Am able to hit a 1.5 inch target at 25 meters consistently. Then we tried hitting a soda can at 50 meters. I can hit it consistently if I elevate the sights a little bit. 50 meters for an air rifle is impressive.

There is the Hatsan Torpedo model, rated at 1000 fps. It was rather heavy and costs double the Model 80.

The systhetic stock looks rather solid to me. I hope that it resists the heavy recoil of the spring. Seems to me that the recoil of the Model 80 is greater than the recoil of my .22 LR.

glock19mariner
07-01-2009, 10:33
my friend is sellin his armscor air rifle with u.s. made scope just wanna know does it need a license/premit to own one?

Poodle
07-01-2009, 16:20
my friend is sellin his armscor air rifle with u.s. made scope just wanna know does it need a license/premit to own one?

He only has to register the air rifle and that's it. There's no need for a firrearm license. You pay P300. They don't issue permits to transport or to hunt. You just have to inform the local pnp that you are transporting the air rifle.

eandril007
07-02-2009, 03:26
Congratulations on your purchase. This is a nice break barrel rifle, especially for starters like me. I had the model 80X before, similar to yours but it has the silencer and the factory optima scope .. hit some birds with it in our house in cainta.. I already traded it kse dumami na yung mga house sa tabi namin and konti na lang open space. :(

I think the frame would not be easily subjected to cracking.. it is after all a polymer plastic similar to glock. If polymer could withstand higher calibers.. I think it could easily handle the recoil of 750FPS..but this is my personal opinion. I have fired a few hundred pellets in my old hatsan.. wala namang problema.

Advice sa akin when I bought it was not to cock the lever and fire wihout any pellet in the chamber. Share ko lang sir..

vega
07-02-2009, 06:54
May nabibili ba diyan na pang-linis na parang pellets? Magpapadala ako kung papayag si Rhoda. Anong caliber?

Poodle
07-02-2009, 19:12
May nabibili ba diyan na pang-linis na parang pellets? Magpapadala ako kung papayag si Rhoda. Anong caliber?

Caliber 22. Korteng bala ba yun? Baka di puede pag mukhang bala.

Poodle
07-02-2009, 19:13
Congratulations on your purchase. This is a nice break barrel rifle, especially for starters like me. I had the model 80X before, similar to yours but it has the silencer and the factory optima scope .. hit some birds with it in our house in cainta.. I already traded it kse dumami na yung mga house sa tabi namin and konti na lang open space. :(

I think the frame would not be easily subjected to cracking.. it is after all a polymer plastic similar to glock. If polymer could withstand higher calibers.. I think it could easily handle the recoil of 750FPS..but this is my personal opinion. I have fired a few hundred pellets in my old hatsan.. wala namang problema.

Advice sa akin when I bought it was not to cock the lever and fire wihout any pellet in the chamber. Share ko lang sir..

Ty Sir. I don't dry fire. Tigas trigger. Dalin ko gunsmith para lambutan konti.

vega
07-02-2009, 22:21
Parang medicine pill.

Poodle
07-03-2009, 07:05
Parang medicine pill.

Puede padala. Di ko lang alam gamitin.

vega
07-04-2009, 23:16
Parang pellet din. I-break o yung rifle tapos load mo sa chamber yung cleaner.