Paging Single Stackers, Need Advice... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Paging Single Stackers, Need Advice...

donwacker
06-04-2009, 08:15
Boss,

I have lots of questions about how to compete using .45 ACP m1911 Single Stack on PPSA/IDPA/IPSC Standard Division .

Experts on PPSA/IDPA/IPSC Standard Division using .45 ACP m1911 Single Stack, could you give me some pointers, techniques, training guides, etc...

How to change magazine, style/technique on changing magazine, when to change magazine... I'm using .45 ACP 8 rounds Magazine...

I know it's not easy, but at least I have a guide to follow, than nothing at all.

So! Boss, could you help me on this... I need lots of inputs...

My training now is shooting a 6" x 6" Target at 25 meters, to increase accuracy and groupings, nabasa ko isang forum.

Kayo boss, anong training ginagawa nyo everytime pumupunta kayo sa range? ;D

Thank you in advance.

WACKER

donwacker
06-04-2009, 08:23
I've just finish my training last Sunday, May 31, 2009. I know all the basics, stages, rules, guides, etc... about PPSA Competition.

And in our graduation shoot last Sunday, May 31, 2009, I am the Champion using .45 ACP m1911 Single Stack.

Now, I am looking for something to advance my knowledge on Competitions, How to train myself in my field, standard division using .45 ACP m1911 Single Stack.

Can anyone help me...

jimbullet
06-05-2009, 04:57
My two cents worth

This is a broad enough topic as to how to advance once training. Its all about mastering almost every aspect (i.e. sighting, flawless reload, draw, consistent shot after shot, etc.)

donwacker
06-05-2009, 10:54
My two cents worth

This is a broad enough topic as to how to advance once training. Its all about mastering almost every aspect (i.e. sighting, flawless reload, draw, consistent shot after shot, etc.)

Yes Boss, so I can have a guide on where to start and what to do. Or else I will be shooting and shooting and no achievement/outcome. Waste of loads/bullets and money but no achievement/outcome.

mc_oliver
06-05-2009, 13:32
Baseline your performance.

Since you mentioned accuracy, 6x6 at 25m is a big target. Shoot groups at 5m then maintain that grouping up to 25m. Once you get it, start over, but this time increase your shot to shot speed.

You'll be burning ammo with this one. ;)

Allegra
06-05-2009, 19:21
Dali na mag aral pumutok ngayon
Dami videos sa youtube
Nung kapanahunan namin , para kang nanunuod ng scandal vid sa labo ng instructional videos
As a newbie , you dont even need to shoot that much
Just slow every movement down and repeat a million times
Regarding ipsc and competition
Psychologically, may advantage ka sa matches kung malaki bilib mo sa sarili haha

goodluck

btw, I taught myself to shoot
daming tao will show you what is the "right" way
Be like Bruce Lee and use the style of no style

donwacker
06-05-2009, 20:12
Baseline your performance.

Since you mentioned accuracy, 6x6 at 25m is a big target. Shoot groups at 5m then maintain that grouping up to 25m. Once you get it, start over, but this time increase your shot to shot speed.

You'll be burning ammo with this one. ;)

In what I have read, I'll start 25m group shooting, if I can achieve it, then its easy to achieve group shooting below 25m... don't know which is true. shoot at 5m to 25m or 25m going down.

Allegra
06-05-2009, 22:15
In what I have read, I'll start 25m group shooting, if I can achieve it, then its easy to achieve group shooting below 25m... don't know which is true. shoot at 5m to 25m or 25m going down.

Depende kung complete newbie
Kung di sya makatama sa 5m , magsasayng lang ng bala yun sa 25

OTOH, matipid ako sa bala
I prefer to dryfire close targets and concemntrate my live sa 25m
Napansin ko , pagmadalas ka mag live sa malapit , puro ratrat/point-shoot nagiging habit
Feel free to disagree

sandman_sy
06-06-2009, 00:54
www.brianenos.com go to the forum.. you'll find EVERYTHING there.

DRYFIRE.. no shortcut in our sport. :)

jimbullet
06-06-2009, 02:30
I try so many variations to my shooting but what is important is to try to shoot cold and mimic the conditions of a competition environment from time to time inserted in your regular routine. In competitions, you cannot have 50 practice rounds prior to the actual event, so try to up your performance when you are "cold". Make sense?

Other routines are pretty standard drills that one can mix and match in creating your course of fire.

mc_oliver
06-06-2009, 10:20
Tama si Master A. Start close para alam mo na kaya mo. You'll be surprised how difficult it is to get all your shots touching each other at 10m, standing with gun un-supported.

paltik45
06-06-2009, 19:01
Sir try airsoft:cool: I got the inspiration from a japanese named Tatsuya Sakai when he won the 2004(?) steel challenge. It is his first time to compete with a real steel pistol. In Japan they have shooting competition using airsoft pistol and thats how he develope his skills. It shocked the shooting community in the USA even the host of SHOOTING USA couldnt beleive it. From then on I've been using my airsoft pistol for "Draw and Fire" drills. :cool:

Allegra
06-06-2009, 20:44
Observation ko lang , ewan ko lang if I'm right
Shooting skill will take you to 90% sa results
Mental na yung last 10%
A lot of people concentrate on bilis ng putok , sight acq, shooting on the move etc
Kaso pagdating sa laro , they cant do it
Pansinin nyo rin mental aspect of the game,baka makatipid kayo sa bala

Just kidding, I'm always right

mc_oliver
06-07-2009, 03:46
Just kidding, I'm always right
Ayan ka na naman Master A, kulang ka na naman sa emoticon. Ako na lang maglalagay para sayo... :tongueout::rofl::supergrin: hahaha

bulm540
06-07-2009, 05:43
IN sinlge stack when your feet are moving moving you are reloading.

mtho
06-07-2009, 10:24
practice counting 1 to 8. memorize sumtraction from 8 to 1

batangueno
06-08-2009, 01:04
www.brianenos.com go to the forum.. you'll find EVERYTHING there.

Yung book ni Brian Enos very helpful too.