youngest shooter [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : youngest shooter

cznayr
06-05-2009, 23:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60L-FguYzZE

I just watched this from Qtv and is he the youngest member?

paltiq
06-06-2009, 01:31
......i feel meron akong pagkukulang sa mga anak ko;-( 7 & 10 years old... parang wala akong kwentang father to them after seeing the video=)

jimbullet
06-06-2009, 02:35
Awesome! We may yet see a world class athlete in the making. Starting at a young age honing shooting skills would accelerate his competitiveness even before reaching his teens.

z_e_n
06-06-2009, 03:01
......i feel meron akong pagkukulang sa mga anak ko;-( 7 & 10 years old... parang wala akong kwentang father to them after seeing the video=)

Ayus lang yan... if they start too early they'll end up with a damaged wrist...

Allegra
06-06-2009, 20:57
Ayus lang yan... if they start too early they'll end up with a damaged wrist...

Any ortho here who can confirm?
2 na rin narinig ko nagcomplain na bata sumakit ang wrist

But daym ,nakatuwa panuorin yung bata
and He's shooting a glock :)
He could teach us a thing or two about the glocks "excessive recoil and trigger pull " heehee

Eye Cutter
06-06-2009, 22:13
di ko makita kung trigger finger out pag moving and during pistol manipulation. mas concerned ako baka mag AD tamaan kamay niya!

dudley
06-06-2009, 22:26
ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN:
Take note how close his hand is to the barrel when he is chambering, etc. He's going to eventually blow a finger at least off, the jerk father needs some training himself.

paltik45
06-06-2009, 23:28
ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN:
Take note how close his hand is to the barrel when he is chambering, etc. He's going to eventually blow a finger at least off, the jerk father needs some training himself.

Yup I agree with you sir. With regards to the "Wrist" thing, it is traumatic to the bone and to the soft tissue around the wrist and hands. BTW, I am not an ortho surgeon but a registered physical therapist in the USA and here in the Philippines. Just my dos centavos:cool:

atmarcella
06-07-2009, 23:21
pinotukan nya ang plastic bottle sa taas ng drum?

kwento kasi sa amin mga 5years ago me nangyari sa lipa city, ang isa sa mga targets naka tago sa drum, yung shooter tinamaan ang drum, nag richochet ang bala tinamaan sya sa ulo dedbol sya.

thats why daw hindi na gumagamit bakal na drum as props ngayon.

batangueno
06-08-2009, 00:59
I hope he doesn't get burned out like some young shooters i see.

The way he racks the slide really is scary though.

Allegra
06-08-2009, 01:51
Nah , i think he's safe
Sa galing nung bata at sa dami na nya naputok , he would have had an accident by now if he was unsafe
Of course , even the best shooters have AD'd

Single Stacker
06-08-2009, 02:33
If you will ask me, I do not see nor can think of any gains that anybody can get out of this activity that would out weight the great danger that they are exposing the child into. Sana airsoft na lang muna, non-lethal compared to real guns.

Again that is just me.

SS

Putok-Glock
06-08-2009, 05:10
Maybe I can relate to this. Just yesterday my family went firing in our club's range. My 17 yr old son can hanle well the 9mm and .40 glocks. But my two younger sons age 9 and 6 only had the ruger .22 pistol. Later, the 2 youngests, out of curiosity, started pestering me to let them shoot the 9, but to their dismay and disappointment, I did not allow them. Im concerned of any detrimental effect, physical or otherwise, of firing high cal. guns on their young bodies. These may not manifest now, but if they do in later years, i Think it will be too late to cure or remedy them. Also, young as they are, I wont trust their young disposition to be safe at all times inspite of extensive training on safe gun handling. Its so easy for us adults to be distracted and be unsafe, should I trust them to be safe at all times at such age?
Am I envious of those in video? Nah! In fact i pity the kid! He is an unknowing and unwilling victim of the parents' ego..
Just my .02 concerns. Maybe Im wrong, i apologize...

Allegra
06-08-2009, 07:13
OTOH, I've never pushed my 12 yr old son to shoot , run , bike, swim , roll
Kahit he has all the resources he needs
Ayun , maghapon naka babad sa online games
I dont think tiger woods would be as good as he is today w/out his green beret dad pushing him when he was a kid

Putok-Glock
06-08-2009, 08:13
OTOH, I've never pushed my 12 yr old son to shoot , run , bike, swim , roll
Kahit he has all the resources he needs
Ayun , maghapon naka babad sa online games
I dont think tiger woods would be as good as he is today w/out his green beret dad pushing him when he was a kid

Pushing to...run, bike, swim, roll, to play w/ a golf club...compared to push him to shoot a hi cal handgun...a 6 and 9 yr old kid, my own kid or any body's child? Sorry Im not that egotistiic to overide my concern for their well being just to satisfy my deep desire to correct my failure to push myself to do my best in my past. They have their own lives, and even as parents, we dont own them to work them out for the fulfilment of our failed personal dreams or present fantasies.

Again just my .02 concerns...sorry if im wrong.

bulm540
06-08-2009, 18:37
Ditto! I think he is too young IMO.

dbiggershot
06-08-2009, 19:17
as far as what the kid have attained in his performance in shooting, then i would say it is really indeed IMPRESSIVE.. but as a father and a non-violent community promoter, then i would say too early for the kids to learn such hobby. Very dangerous for him, and since it is a gun, i dont think a kid such age can comprehend what is the real score of how danger using a gun. I suggest better to teach kids first the basic understanding of morality and ofcourse concentrate first in schooling.

I am not against the father, but i think safetiness of handling the gun still much needed to be improve..

Just a personal fatherly opinion..

Allegra
06-08-2009, 19:42
Pushing to...run, bike, swim, roll, to play w/ a golf club...compared to push him to shoot a hi cal handgun...a 6 and 9 yr old kid, my own kid or any body's child? Sorry Im not that egotistiic to overide my concern for their well being just to satisfy my deep desire to correct my failure to push myself to do my best in my past. They have their own lives, and even as parents, we dont own them to work them out for the fulfilment of our failed personal dreams or present fantasies.

Again just my .02 concerns...sorry if im wrong.

I dont think your wrong
Totoo naman yan
You dont see jordan or lance armstrong screaming at their kids at the sidelines ng laro
But I play a lot of sports , and there's always some kid or kids in every sport who's better than every one else, and a very pushy parent behind them hehe
I have a very beautiful 12 year old neice na junior blackbelt na nakikipagbugbugan sa TKD.
One of our production shooters has been racing cars since he was 12
Both sports aer dangerous din.
I wish ako yang bata na yan back when I was 6 haha inggit ako

sandman_sy
06-08-2009, 20:09
There was a news about a month ago.. in the US, the parents shelved his XBOX 360 or Playstation 3(i forgot basta gaming console) and the kid got angry.. he went to his father's room... took out the handgun(according to the father the kid was taught how to be safe and how to handle guns) and told his parents to close their eyes coz he had a surprise for them.

BANG!!!

Good thing injured lang or miss yung bata.... lesson in this story... Even us as grown ups.. we lose our temper some times.. doing things that we may regret in the end.. take note: GROWN UP... our decision making is far more better than a kid. and still we do things out of anger that we later on say "that was stupid".
Imagine a kid.. just my .00001 cents :)

kamelot
06-09-2009, 06:06
it looks like his hand swept the end of the muzzle several times...notably after racking the slide.

Allegra
06-09-2009, 07:02
There was a news about a month ago.. in the US, the parents shelved his XBOX 360 or Playstation 3(i forgot basta gaming console) and the kid got angry.. he went to his father's room... took out the handgun(according to the father the kid was taught how to be safe and how to handle guns) and told his parents to close their eyes coz he had a surprise for them.

BANG!!!

Good thing injured lang or miss yung bata.... lesson in this story... Even us as grown ups.. we lose our temper some times.. doing things that we may regret in the end.. take note: GROWN UP... our decision making is far more better than a kid. and still we do things out of anger that we later on say "that was stupid".
Imagine a kid.. just my .00001 cents :)

Di naman baril dapat sisihin dun , kundi ang violemnt video games
Meron libro tungkol jan , forgot the title it's by col Dave Grossman
Andun how you can turn a kid into jason bourne

paltiq
06-09-2009, 14:53
grip support......yung serbian ipsc shooter na bata din...i think has a wrist support while shooting ...take note pinoy daddy.

medyo unsafe nga yung racking ng slide ng kid at saka yung trigger finger.

super mega advanced yung naituro (talo tayo?) pero mukhang kulang pasa basic marksmanship (dapat sana ay magstart muna sa .22)

bilib ako? Yes ;-) kasi ang galing nya pumutok while walking=)

glockxy
06-18-2009, 20:10
just like my 1 and only son who used to start practical shooting when he was 9 years old, now that he is 12, nagsawa na... ayun puro barbie dolls na lang ang kinalilibangan...

st. matthew
06-19-2009, 02:36
just like my 1 and only son who used to start practical shooting when he was 9 years old, now that he is 12, nagsawa na... ayun puro barbie dolls na lang ang kinalilibangan...

your kidding, right? :uglylol: :supergrin:

z_e_n
06-21-2009, 23:11
From http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/metro/view/20090621-211699/Boy-accidentally-shoots-dead-dad

FATHER’S DAY
Boy accidentally shoots dead dad
By Nancy C. Carvajal
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 19:48:00 06/21/2009

Filed Under: Accidents (general), shooting, Children, Military
Most Read
MANILA, Philippines -- A five-year-old boy accidentally shot dead his father and wounded his mother inside their house in Quezon City, on Sunday Father’s Day, police said.

Private First Class Apolonio Pacioles, 45, was declared dead on arrival at the Sta. Teresita General Hospital, said Superintendent Gerardo Ratuita, chief of the Quezon City Police District’s Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit

Pacioles’wife, who was the one who rushed him to the hospital, also received treatment after the bullet, which killed her husband, grazed her on the back. She was later released, Ratuita said.

Pacioles was assigned to the 54th Infantry Battalion of the Philippine Army, which was based in Mindanao, the police official said.

“The victim was teaching his son how to handle a gun when the accident happened,” the police official told the Philippine Daily Inquirer (parent company of INQUIRER.net).

The accidental shooting took place at around 6 a.m. on Sunday in the living room of the family’s house on Don Pepe Street in Sto. Domingo village.

Ratuita said that Pacioles had just arrived from Mindanao on Saturday for some R & R (rest and recreation).

According to the case officer, Police Officer 1 Hermogenes Capili, the victim’s wife told investigators that her husband had asked his son to remove the bullets from his .45 cal. service firearm.

“But apparently, the boy was not able to take out all the bullets and one was left [in the chamber],” Capili said, adding that when the boy pulled the trigger, he accidentally hit his father who was seated near him.

The bullet struck the victim on the left side of his abdomen and exited through the right side.

The exiting bullet, however, kept on going, hitting the front door and the victim’s wife who was standing outside their house.

“The wife had just gone out of the house on an errand when she was hit,” Capili said.

The police said no charges would be filed against the boy who was in his mother’s custody as of Sunday.

atmarcella
06-22-2009, 03:09
grabe, that boy will carry the guilt all his life, it will haunt him forever.... truth is... its not his fault.

isa sa mga beauty of ipsc is the shooter learns proper and safe gun handling. if only for this ipsc is well worth it.

darth board
06-22-2009, 05:37
tinanggal lang yata yung magazine pero loaded yung chamber. sa tingin ko kasalanan din talaga nung tatay dahil bakit nagtatago sya ng baril na nakacondition 1 sa bahay tapos yung anak nya ang uutusan nyang mag unload.

z_e_n
06-22-2009, 19:20
Watched the news last night. looks like a completely different story from the newspaper. The dad instructed his son to get his service revolver upstairs, when his son came down, he thought the chambers where empty. IMHO, ni single action cgro yun revo tapus na AD.