ACER/AT&T Radio Shack Deal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ACER/AT&T Radio Shack Deal

mac66
06-06-2009, 12:38
The Acer Aspire One is being offered by Radio Shack for $50 if you sign up for a 2 year 3g mobile access for two years. Mobile access is $60/month for a total of about $1500 for the two years.

If you were reimbursed for this deal (provided you paid the entire amount up front) would you do it? Or is there something better?

http://radioshackwireless.com/template/simpleautocontent.aspx?pageid=4947&referringdomain=radioshack&refcode1=RSK_4444_001_EXTPACER

IndyGunFreak
06-06-2009, 15:00
I don't like the 5gig per month limit. I'm guessing it would take a lot of web browsing and instant messaging, etc, to reach that limit, but still....

IGF

cgwahl
06-08-2009, 19:41
If you were going to get the plan anyhow (or be reimbursed for it) I think it's a good deal. But beyond that I'd just get the laptop without it. And assume you can use the wireless at a coffee shop or something.

bchandler
06-17-2009, 14:55
I bought this laptop at Walmart, and once the junkware was removed, it was awesome! Running XP it was quite fast. I did return it, however, for a bonafide 14" laptop because I wanted more of a desktop replacement.

I would suggest you get the model with the 6 cell battery. The larger battery lets the computer last about 6 hours, IIRC, while you only get about 3 from the normal battery. I'm not sure if the Shack carries the 6 cell model, but the 6 cell model was only $20 more from Walmart (online only but free shipping to your store).