Double Tap Ammo Mistake!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Double Tap Ammo Mistake!!

GlockM20pwns
06-08-2009, 10:58
So I ordered some 10mm's from DT here recently and after my ordered had alreadly shipped I noticed that instead of selecting the 180 gr. Bonded bullet, I ordered the 180 gr. Controlled expansion bullet. I heard that the bonded bullet is Speer Gold Dot's and I'm assuming the controlled expansion is Hornady's XTP bullet?? I love Hornady, don't get me wrong, but I wanted the Speer's for personal defense in my Glock 20. Needless to say I'm pretty angry at myself. :steamed:

One question I had for you all was: Does DT have any other good personal defense rounds in other calibers? I know they pretty much have the 10mm's covered, but doesn't anyone else have any exp. with other rounds in other calibers? Any information would be great! Thanks!

Norman
06-08-2009, 11:00
Title is misleading. Sounds like the company made a mistake, whereas you were the one that actually made the mistake.

GlockM20pwns
06-08-2009, 11:13
Title is misleading. Sounds like the company made a mistake, whereas you were the one that actually made the mistake.

I believe I specified that in the post. But thanks for the reminder.

Norman
06-08-2009, 11:21
I believe I specified that in the post. But thanks for the reminder.

I didn't say your post was misleading, I said your title made it seem as if the company made a mistake... etc etc.

I call it subtle slander.

AZ Husker
06-08-2009, 11:32
I use DT's 125gr Gold Dots in my .357 Sig G32. Great round!

JeepinOverU
06-08-2009, 12:04
I made the same mistake when i ordered the hornady bullets instead of the speer bullets from DT, i realized it soon after i did this tho, contacted Mike at DT by email and got it taken care of. Great service. Since its too late for you to do that i would just order another box of 50 rds of the speer bullets.

GlockM20pwns
06-08-2009, 12:07
I made the same mistake when i ordered the hornady bullets instead of the speer bullets from DT, i realized it soon after i did this tho, contacted Mike at DT by email and got it taken care of. Great service. Since its too late for you to do that i would just order another box of 50 rds of the speer bullets.

That's just what I intend to do! Thanks for the information.

I might just buy me a 6" hunting barrel and put those Hornady's to good use!

unit1069
06-08-2009, 21:29
I have both the 125-grain and 147-grain .357sig Gold Dots. They both seem to be excellent with no malfunctions or problems of any kind. I'll probably order some 124-grain 9mm from Double Tap since I don't have any Gold Dot ammo in that caliber.

Liff
06-09-2009, 11:12
This is the best thread of all time. I have never read one better.

A horrible and misleading title, a squabble over the title, and not just one, but two completely random 357 sig replies in a 10mm thread. Not over a DT mistake, but the OP failing to use his mouse correctly.

All time best.

Mwinter
06-09-2009, 11:23
Liff,
I must respectfully disagree. I don't see a single pic of a hot gal with a gun....so negative on best-thread-ever.

With regards to the OP, I don't think you'll see that much difference between the 2 bullets (as loaded by DT) unless you're dealing with barriers like glass.

unit1069
06-09-2009, 18:12
This is the best thread of all time. I have never read one better.

A horrible and misleading title, a squabble over the title, and not just one, but two completely random 357 sig replies in a 10mm thread. Not over a DT mistake, but the OP failing to use his mouse correctly.

All time best.

First things first. As Mwinter pointed out there's no hot babes in skimpy outfits distracting the reader.

Second, there is nothing random about .357sig or any other caliber references. Here, let me show you something:

One question I had for you all was: Does DT have any other good personal defense rounds in other calibers?

Finally, your lack of reading comprehension has no doubt added an unintended touch of irony to your post.

glock2740
06-09-2009, 21:01
I use DT's 125gr Gold Dots in my .357 Sig G32. Great round!
Ditto that.

GlockM20pwns
06-09-2009, 22:16
Thanks for the information guys.. And Sorry about any mistakes. Although I do not have a .357 Sig yet, the information was still good to know. I appreciate it!

I know I could have had a better title, but it didn't occur at the time of the original post that people would rather waste their time commenting about a title, than comment about the original post itself. But no problems, I still learned something! Thank guys. And Iím sorry for any misunderstandings.
:whistling:

betyourlife
06-09-2009, 22:27
I didn't say your post was misleading, I said your title made it seem as if the company made a mistake... etc etc.

I call it subtle slander.

:upeyes:

Liff
06-09-2009, 22:48
First things first. As Mwinter pointed out there's no hot babes in skimpy outfits distracting the reader.

Second, there is nothing random about .357sig or any other caliber references. Here, let me show you something:

Finally, your lack of reading comprehension has no doubt added an unintended touch of irony to your post.

Clearly no hot babes, but I do believe that I covered that with the 'I have never read one better' as opposed to 'I have never seen one better.'

And my lack of reading comprehension is wonderfully humbling to me right now, Thanks unit.

RustyShackelford
06-09-2009, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockM20pwns
One question I had for you all was: Does DT have any other good personal defense rounds in other calibers?

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/294168009_b25decaddf.jpg

/Oh SNAP!!

ncvarmint
03-04-2010, 09:04
what is the wait time for double tap ammo to arrive these days?

trevor

HiredGun77
03-04-2010, 21:25
I wouldn't sweat it. I love XTP's. I load custom ammo and the XTP is my bullet of choice for defensive and hunting purposes. I promise no bad guy is going to feel short changed when you blow his spine out his backside and say you should have used a bonded bullet. I have never seen an XTP shed it's jacket. I use 180's in my 10mm and 155's in the 40S&W. I believe I have read XTP's are supposed to be consistantly more accurate than Gold Dots. I know they are very accurate in my experience.

Elvis Lives
03-08-2010, 07:02
what is the wait time for double tap ammo to arrive these days?

trevor
forever since i will never be buying from them again. multiple and contstant deceptive practices for scores of people. they will probably not be in business for long. they are getting what they can and doing what they want before they go belly up which is part of their plan.

ncvarmint
03-08-2010, 08:53
thanks, i was getting wary to try it, i think i will stick to speer and winchester for my HP'S

trevor

IndyGunFreak
03-08-2010, 17:08
forever since i will never be buying from them again. multiple and contstant deceptive practices for scores of people. they will probably not be in business for long. they are getting what they can and doing what they want before they go belly up which is part of their plan.

Any proof to back this up?

I've never ordered from them.

IGF

Elvis Lives
03-09-2010, 03:06
proof is sitting at home in the form of chrony reports, pics and video of no powder charges, disputes to my credit card for unauthorized charges.

if you want examples, see the other dt threads.

Elvis Lives
03-09-2010, 03:07
go ahead and gamble....its your life. nuff said. i really would not even take free ammo from them. i dont trust them.

spyderhead
03-13-2010, 23:53
Double Tap is some of the best ammunition out there. Never had any problems whatsoever. Speed is always almost exactly what DT claims it to be. Think there must be some junky chronos out here in the world. Anyway . . . I have bought thousands of rounds from them over the years, and - no - they will not be going out of business anytime soon.

Elvis Lives
03-20-2010, 07:55
no. i have a top notch chrono buddy. factory fed and winch premium loads are very very consistent. explain that. i think you work for dt so try again. you already lost plenty of customers. not sure what your issues are dt? thought you's experiment a little with your clients? i wouldnt take your ammo for free, unless i gave it to a friend for range ammo. too risky. no charge, double charge, kaboom.

Glockbuster
03-20-2010, 08:55
In fairness to doubletap ammo, may I suggest you edit the misleading title ? it is easy to do. I opened the thread thinking the company made a mistake. Some people might just browse over it getting the wrong idea.

Elvis Lives
03-21-2010, 00:59
In fairness to doubletap ammo, may I suggest you edit the misleading title ? it is easy to do. I opened the thread thinking the company made a mistake. Some people might just browse over it getting the wrong idea.
according to the first post, GlockM20pwns opened the thread...did i miss something?

besides that..you're right in fairness to doubletap it should be called doubletap screws customers. we don't want people to get the wrong idea that doubletap actually made an innocent mistake. thanks for that.