SBS 2003 help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SBS 2003 help

DTD2
06-08-2009, 17:05
I am in the process of setting up SBS2003 at my Fire Department. Does anyone here have fluent knowledge that I could bouce a couple questions off of?

Specifically Terminal Services, Remote Desktop (for 5 terminals), internal website setup and admin, OWA and a community calendar.

I have the DNS, POP and all other requisite services setup just need to finish this (or at least make it operational).

MavsX
06-08-2009, 18:05
does anybody have a expertsexchange.com account?

I know that is a pretty good website, maybe they could help you out.

I work in a 2003 server environment (win 2003 server r2)

I have set up several 2003 boxes and a citrix xen box. Go ahead and ask your questions. I'll be glad to help where i can, and maybe i can look some stuff up for ya or something or at the very least maybe someone else can answer questions too

See ya.

srhoades
06-08-2009, 20:26
Run the "continue setup" on the desktop, this will automatically setup exchange and OWA. If you then run the "configure you server for internet" it will automatically setup remote web workplace in IIS. Then just forward port 80. Users will then be able to logon to the remote web workplace which gives you the option of OWA, or remoting into any machine on the network. Only caveat is users must be added to the remote web users group.

Google public calendars for the community calendar. It basically involves opening the exchange system manager, creating a new folder and then assigning permissions.

MavsX
06-09-2009, 06:28
genius

srhoades
06-09-2009, 22:42
A follow up as I had to create a public folder today. You create it in outlook, just create new in the public folder area and then tell it what type of folder it is, mail, task, calendar, etc.

Also, for the remote web workplace you will need to enable remote desktop connections on each computer.