FFL for Outbound Handgun Shipping from Huntsville / Madison / Decatur Area [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FFL for Outbound Handgun Shipping from Huntsville / Madison / Decatur Area

Mark 19
06-08-2009, 22:23
Hi, any recommendations for an FFL for Outbound Handgun Shipping from Huntsville / Madison / Decatur Area?

Mine in Madison just quit doing outbound shipping.

I'm using the Gunbroker.com cooperating FFL search tool to find one, which yields these options:

Tactical Arms Gunsmithing
370 Dupree Drive NW
Huntsville, AL 35806

Bama Pawn & Jewelry
701 Beltline RD NW
Decatur, AL 35601

Tucker's Pawn
1854 Hwy 67
Somerville, AL 35670

J.C.'s Guns & Tackle Shop
Huntsville, AL 35816

Any experience with these? Any recommendations?

I just sold a handgun on Gunbroker.com, which is why I ask.

Thanks!

Cobra6
06-12-2009, 15:26
I have used Madison Guns and Ammo online form for receiving, but have not shipped - did they stop this?
http://www.madisongunsandammo.com/

looking at their form, it does not say if you sell long distance, only buy -
http://www.madisongunsandammo.com/madisonguns-transfers.php

I had to start using someone else since I do a lot with Centerfire Systems, but the online form was convenient for purchases.

This is good info to know if they stopped this.

bamarammin87
06-12-2009, 16:25
Hi, any recommendations for an FFL for Outbound Handgun Shipping from Huntsville / Madison / Decatur Area?

Mine in Madison just quit doing outbound shipping.

I'm using the Gunbroker.com cooperating FFL search tool to find one, which yields these options:

Tactical Arms Gunsmithing
370 Dupree Drive NW
Huntsville, AL 35806

Bama Pawn & Jewelry
701 Beltline RD NW
Decatur, AL 35601

Tucker's Pawn
1854 Hwy 67
Somerville, AL 35670

J.C.'s Guns & Tackle Shop
Huntsville, AL 35816

Any experience with these? Any recommendations?

I just sold a handgun on Gunbroker.com, which is why I ask.

Thanks!
I haven't used them for a transfer, but I have bought guns from JC's a few times before, they're decent guys. BUT they told me they would charge me 40 dollars to do transfer or whatever. That was 2 years ago, I'm not sure what they charge now.

Mark 19
06-12-2009, 21:15
I talked to Larry's Pistol and Pawn, and they were $35 plus actuals on shipping. That's competitive, and since I go to their range anyway, I'll use them.

I visited Madison Guns in person, and the person at the desk told me that they still do inbound shipping, but not outbound. Maybe he was confused, but I took it as fact and found another supplier.

bamarammin87
06-12-2009, 21:17
I talked to Larry's Pistol and Pawn, and they were $35 plus actuals on shipping. That's competitive, and since I go to their range anyway, I'll use them.

I visited Madison Guns in person, and the person at the desk told me that they still do inbound shipping, but not outbound. Maybe he was confused, but I took it as fact and found another supplier.

Larry's is good people :thumbsup:

FM12
06-24-2009, 02:20
Bamarammin, is the little mom & pop gunshop in Lacey's Springs still open? I used to buy an occasional gun + reloading stuff there.