Vista in 1/2 Gig [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vista in 1/2 Gig

aspartz
06-11-2009, 08:32
What a dog!!!

For the 1st time in recorded history (at least for me:whistling:) RAM failed many months after installing it. My formerly 2GB laptop is trying to run on 512MB that I had laying around.

The machine is pretty much unusable.

New memory ordered and enroute!!

ARS

dotsun
06-11-2009, 09:38
Use a linux live cd in the meantime. Who knows, maybe you'll even decide to dump Winblows. :whistling:

aspartz
06-11-2009, 09:54
Use a linux live cd in the meantime. Who knows, maybe you'll even decide to dump Winblows. :whistling:
I just downloaded fedora 11.
My file server runs linux, as does my router/firewall. Civ IV does not work on linux. Open office can't deal with (translate) many of the macros I have in my excel spreadsheets.

ARS

keyser
06-11-2009, 10:12
After my "upgrade" to vista, I was annoyed that it was only showing 2gb of ram when I installed 4gb, I thought one of the ram was bad and removed it, picked up a new 2gb stick and the same thing happened, it never would show that I had 4gb until I downloaded that first update. Had someone not mentioned it, I would have never figured it out.

dotsun
06-11-2009, 19:27
I just downloaded fedora 11.
My file server runs linux, as does my router/firewall. Civ IV does not work on linux. Open office can't deal with (translate) many of the macros I have in my excel spreadsheets.

ARS

I feel ya, I'm tethered to an xp/linux dual boot due to my gaming.