Anyone On The Coast Got A Boat? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone On The Coast Got A Boat?

USMCsilver
06-12-2009, 19:24
I've got an 18' Scout, but would love to ride out with anyone offshore.

If ya wanna have a bum on board, I'll be more than happy to help out with ice/bait/beer/fuel.

Thanks! :wavey:

Crazy KD
06-14-2009, 20:08
I've been way way offshore in a 17' Scout before and love their boats. We'd strap extra fuel tanks on the boat for added range. That was before GPS and when I was not so experienced with the ocean. With small kids I'm now an inshore guy and have a MasterCraft ski boat. Haven't been offshore in a couple of years, but I now stick with the bigger boats if I go offshore. My escapades now mostly involve intercoastal cruising and going to Dewees / Capers beaches by boat.

USMCsilver
06-14-2009, 20:21
Yeah...I've got 32 gallons, GPS & VHF but the weather has to be PERFECT for me to head out to any real water. I'd also want a handheld GPS and a handheld VHF, too, to head out away from land. Oh -- and a SeaTow membership... And, I'd have to "pick my days"...kinda hard to do with a work schedule and a 2.5 hour tow...:)

I enjoy playing VERY nearshore and in the creeks...but the bigger the water, the more fun. I assume you're down in Charleston?

southernshooter
06-15-2009, 17:22
I used to go out to the "towers" at the entrance to the shipping lanes when I lived in Savannah Ga in my 18ft sunbird bowrider. Had a mercruiser 140 I/O and I had a small outboard mounted on one of the swimsteps for backup. It was far enough out that you could barely see the lighthouse back on Tybee Island. Nothing like the feel of those swells, lots more fun than a lake.

Crazy KD
06-15-2009, 20:59
I enjoy playing VERY nearshore and in the creeks...but the bigger the water, the more fun. I assume you're down in Charleston?

I grew up in Columbia and now live in Mt Pleasant. I used to go offshore quite a bit but drifted away from it when we started having kids. I've been looking to get offshore and do some diving as I've seen some pictures of the water which looks surprisingly clear.

We mainly boat in the upper Wando and in the intercoastal.