Dillon Swager?? where o where??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Swager?? where o where???

sandman_sy
06-13-2009, 04:09
Looking for a Dillon Swager.. something to make the primer pocket of a 223 open up especially if crimped yung brass. :) anybody have 2nd hand ?? or know where to buy this???

one more ... other than stronghand.. who sells reloading components?? got the itch.. and having some trouble looking for some components :(

vega
06-15-2009, 09:24
KUha ka lumang screw driver, hasain mo yung side para tumalim. Pero kailangan eksakto ang sukat mo. Kung mayroon ka naman chamfer, pwede rin yon.

edtf
06-15-2009, 16:54
baka you can have a bit built by a machinist that you can attach to a drill.

sandman_sy
06-15-2009, 18:54
Ok. let me expound a bit mor.. heheh.. ive gone through like WCC, PMC, BMP, LC, and a whole lot of brass.. and so far WCC and LC lang passes the primer pocket quality. When i say quality.. it means you wont have a hard time priming the case. BMP is a total mess.. hirap talaga.. I did a reload a few weeks back. .i bent 12-15 primers. tigas talaga especially the older BMP.. mind you.. ive cleaned the primer pocker with a precision screwdriver. but lost a lot. Now i loaded 110 round last week. using LC and WCC exclusive. and i had 2 mis-prime lang. and that for me saves money and stress :P Its not easy doing the case preparation process and find out 30% lang magamit :P hehehe.. thats why im looking for a swager. i have a bucket full of BMP cases preped and can't be primed because of the pocket.

edtf
06-15-2009, 19:31
Ok. let me expound a bit mor.. heheh.. ive gone through like WCC, PMC, BMP, LC, and a whole lot of brass.. and so far WCC and LC lang passes the primer pocket quality. When i say quality.. it means you wont have a hard time priming the case. BMP is a total mess.. hirap talaga.. I did a reload a few weeks back. .i bent 12-15 primers. tigas talaga especially the older BMP.. mind you.. ive cleaned the primer pocker with a precision screwdriver. but lost a lot. Now i loaded 110 round last week. using LC and WCC exclusive. and i had 2 mis-prime lang. and that for me saves money and stress :P Its not easy doing the case preparation process and find out 30% lang magamit :P hehehe.. thats why im looking for a swager. i have a bucket full of BMP cases preped and can't be primed because of the pocket.

yup most military brass is crimped to stop the primer from moving out. Eh alam mo naman mga pinoy mahilig sa improvise :D - I'm not sure if I saw on the internet years ago an attachment for a hand drill that takes out the crimp or shortens the length of the shell (bad memory here :)) - I have a feeling if you give the right diameter of the primer pocket and give the concept to a machinist he can figure out a tool or bit that can be attached to the drill and you can use it on low speed to remove the crimp or to make the primer pocket diameter uniform - might just spend 500 bucks for that bit :)

One OT question - what bullets do you use for your reloads?? What velocities do you get from your handload - thanks :)

sandman_sy
06-15-2009, 21:34
Depends on the barrel talaga... mine is a 1/7 barrel so pwede 77gr SMK. Velocity.. 2550-2600. :) Love the performance.

edtf
06-15-2009, 21:44
Depends on the barrel talaga... mine is a 1/7 barrel so pwede 77gr SMK. Velocity.. 2550-2600. :) Love the performance.

2600!!! and those are reloads!!!! nice!!!! Hmmmm...... I was thinking of having unfired rounds pulled so that I can have new shells for higher loads. I'm looking for the Hornady 68gr. Oh yeah I fired a 75gr from my 1:9 16" and had a nice round hole at 50m - I'm happy it can handle the 75gr :)

You from Manila??? Want me to save the shells we fire?

sandman_sy
06-16-2009, 06:57
hehe.. No sir :( im from the war zone Mindanao :P Wag mo ipa.pull.. use it as practice fire nalang :) heheheheh... then use N140 for heavier heads :) i like it talaga... we plan to shoot the RD's Cup sa Davao.. already have my 200 rounds of 77 gr SMK :P ready to rock.. Zeroed and Chronoed my unit :) practice drill nalang.. dry fire :P heheheh...

combat
06-17-2009, 06:33
Looking for a Dillon Swager.. something to make the primer pocket of a 223 open up especially if crimped yung brass. :) anybody have 2nd hand ?? or know where to buy this???

one more ... other than stronghand.. who sells reloading components?? got the itch.. and having some trouble looking for some components :(

I use a LEE Primer Pocket Cleaner and the LEE Chamfer Tool to chamfer and deburr inside and outside of case neck and doubles up to open crimped primer pocket. These tools don't cost so much and work very well all the time for me. These are must have items for the reloader.

http://www.leeprecision.com/graphics/shoppingcart/csetools.jpg

sandman_sy
06-17-2009, 09:04
I use a LEE Primer Pocket Cleaner and the LEE Chamfer Tool to chamfer and deburr inside and outside of case neck and doubles up to open crimped primer pocket. These tools don't cost so much and work very well all the time for me. These are must have items for the reloader.

what do you mean "doubles up to open crimped primer pocket"??? yung chamfer tool?? pwede cya pang.resize ng primer pocket?? i do have all that except for the pocket cleaner coz i use a Precision screw instead. mura pa and i think it does the job. But i'll get one once i got to cebu this weekend.

combat
06-17-2009, 18:04
I have open up hundreds of crimped primer pockets using this tool. It works as advertised.
From LEE's website, their description of the chamfer tool:
<table border="1" width="664"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" height="37">Chamfer Tool </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3"><b><big>Must be used after Case Trimming. Unique design cuts fast without chatter. One turn does the job. Chamfers and deburrs inside and outside of case necks. Can also be used to remove the crimp from primer pockets of G.I. brass. Works better than tools costing several times as much.</big></b> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="208"><b><big>LEE </big></b></td></tr></tbody></table>

sandman_sy
06-17-2009, 21:42

I have the chamfer naman.. but i have no idea how to use it para ma.open ang primer pocket.. manually nalang toh?? just push the smaller side to the primer pocket?? and turn?? para ma.trim nya ang sides? am i getting this right?? nakaka excited :) heheheh...

combat
06-17-2009, 22:45

I have the chamfer naman.. but i have no idea how to use it para ma.open ang primer pocket.. manually nalang toh?? YES
just push the smaller side to the primer pocket?? YES
and turn?? YES
para ma.trim nya ang sides? YES
am i getting this right?? YES
nakaka excited :) heheheh...

Good luck and enjoy reloading.

CatsMeow
06-18-2009, 00:33
Hope you didn't consider reloading cases with 00 and 14 markings...:supergrin::supergrin:

If you were with us in Cebu while I was there, I used to give away my 5.56 and .223 brass as I did not reload; I fired lots of .223.

sandman_sy
06-18-2009, 04:06
Right now,... exclusive WCC and LC shells lang muna.. sayang ang primer pag madamage due to the primer crimp :( a lot of my friends don't reload.. so i ask from them nalang :) more than what i expected to get :)

edtf
06-24-2009, 19:38
Sandman, I came from stronghand and they have the swage - 8500.

sandman_sy
06-25-2009, 08:26
whoa.. really?? hehehe.. i'll call them tomorrow first thing :)