New gun laws [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New gun laws

Tennessee Slim
06-15-2009, 20:35
This just in from the NRA. I'm especially happy for HB390 because I like to cruise country roads with a varmint rifle in the passenger's seat.

On Tuesday, June 12, House Bill 390 and House Bill 716 became law.

House Bill 390, sponsored by State Representative Henry Fincher (D-42) and State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25), allows handgun carry permit holders to possess or carry a rifle or shotgun with a loaded magazine -- provided the firearm does not have a round in the chamber -- while in a private motor vehicle.

House Bill 716, sponsored by State Representative Frank Niceley (R-17) and State Senator Mae Beavers (R-17), allows any resident who has a valid handgun carry permit to possess a handgun within the boundaries of any state park. It also allows for permit holders to carry into local parks on September 1, as long as the locality does not opt-out of the law by resolution before that date. Tennessee now joins 31 other states that allow some form of state park carry.

myg30
06-16-2009, 16:34
Thanks for the up dates. Glad we making progress while the goings good !
Lets see if Phil is going to screw up his career in polo-ticks ? Trying to
play both sides !
FWIW, I called the gal that wrote the artical in todays paper, she is young
and a transplant, here for the past 5 yrs and of course no permit.
More people need to call these folks that write mostly one sided stories.

Mike

Tennessee Slim
06-16-2009, 19:21
... FWIW, I called the gal that wrote the artical in todays paper, she is young
and a transplant, here for the past 5 yrs and of course no permit.
More people need to call these folks that write mostly one sided stories.

Mike
I missed something. What one-sided story?

Gun Shark
06-16-2009, 19:24
finally

myg30
06-16-2009, 20:14
On the cover of todays paper in the lower right starts a story about the resturants posting no guns, then it goes to the back page 8A.
I dont have the paper here but you cant miss it on the front !
She spoke with some of the owners on 2nd ave or down town who are afraid of "US" shooting up the place after we get drunk,pick a fight and they worried who is going to protect them and what laws are going to save the owners from being sued ! How they gonna know who is packing ...bla.bla..bla.

Call Kate? her number is at the bottom of the page. Be nice,polite.

Mike

why
06-16-2009, 20:21
Thanks for the headsup, Slim.
Amazing the things you can accomplish once you throw out the Demonrats.

Tennessee Slim
06-16-2009, 20:39
Thanks for the headsup, Slim.
Amazing the things you can accomplish once you throw out the Demonrats.

...House Bill 390, sponsored by State Representative Henry Fincher (D-42) and State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25), allows handgun carry permit holders to possess or carry a rifle or shotgun with a loaded magazine -- provided the firearm does not have a round in the chamber -- while in a private motor vehicle....

As a rule, I'm not much on Dims but I gotta give credit where credit is due. In the past few years, Democrat Doug Jackson has done more for RKBA than any legislator in Tennessee.

why
06-17-2009, 06:18
As a rule, I'm not much on Dims but I gotta give credit where credit is due. In the past few years, Democrat Doug Jackson has done more for RKBA than any legislator in Tennessee.
:cool: Well, of course theres a difference in a Democrat and a Southern Democrat. Our gov showed which one he is and proves once again you shouldnt git above your raisin'.