Gunsmith [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmith

DesertEagle.45
06-16-2009, 18:28
Does anyone know of a good Gunsmith in North Alabama? Preferably one that is good with 1911's.

bamarammin87
06-17-2009, 16:12
Does anyone know of a good Gunsmith in North Alabama? Preferably one that is good with 1911's.

I haven't personally seen his work, but have heard from guys that Larry's has a VERY good gunsmith, who built custom 1911's in California for over 10 years. He did a throat job and something else I can't remember to my buddy's gun, and he said he's awesome. If you buy a gun from larry's and it jams, if you want, he'll make it run instead of sending it off for repairs. BUT I hear that he doesn't do work for just anybody, so you'd have to ask up there and see.

DesertEagle.45
06-17-2009, 16:58
thanks man I was going to go into Larry's and see who they recomend. Thats where I buy most of my guns at.

FireForged
06-18-2009, 11:54
Tactical Arms Gunsmithing (Huntsville AL)

This fellow has done work for me a few times and I have been very pleased with his work.. Turn around time was just a few days.

He has a website with contact info.

elrod
06-19-2009, 12:50
If you are ever in the Birmingham metro area, Wes Vining in one of the best...........

http://www.vininggunworks.com/

DesertEagle.45
06-20-2009, 13:18
I haven't personally seen his work, but have heard from guys that Larry's has a VERY good gunsmith, who built custom 1911's in California for over 10 years. He did a throat job and something else I can't remember to my buddy's gun, and he said he's awesome. If you buy a gun from larry's and it jams, if you want, he'll make it run instead of sending it off for repairs. BUT I hear that he doesn't do work for just anybody, so you'd have to ask up there and see.

I went up there yesterday and talked to a few people and apparently he doesn't do outside work anymore. Only for larry's guns and his employees.

bamarammin87
06-20-2009, 13:35
I went up there yesterday and talked to a few people and apparently he doesn't do outside work anymore. Only for larry's guns and his employees.

Dang man that sucks. My buddy is friends with a guy at larry's, I guess he pulled some strings for him. Sorry bud.

thooks
06-22-2009, 09:45

Yep, these "hard, economic times" are a killer.

LEAD
06-22-2009, 09:49
When did Magnum research start making the desert eagle in .45?