OMG...Who are these people? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OMG...Who are these people?

TreehugginGlock
06-17-2009, 08:17
http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/Tactical_Resp/?action=view&current=MVI_1778.flv

Anyone know anything about these people? I about fell off my chair when I saw the video. If you ask me, major accident waiting to happen and very irresponsible of whomever was in charge. :wow:

Berretta9
06-17-2009, 15:24
I saw it. Totally unsafe. The original poster who thought it was so cool must have taken it down after he started getting bashed on every discussion board that had a link posted on it. It was one of those tactical schools that seem to be everywhere, taught by this or that special forces person. I can't remember the name but anyway there was a line of shooters shooting at targets. Problem was there was a photographer kneeling down between targets taking pictures of one of the shooter. I kid you not. Guns with live ammo hitting targets a few feet from his head. Best part was one shooter had this weird look on his face turns around with his gun still in his hand ( breaking the 180) and is looking for someone. When he can't find anyone to protest to he starts shooting at his target. Far and away one of the most outragious things I've ever seen. I think this outfit has advertised on here before in a few threads.

TreehugginGlock
06-17-2009, 15:26
Well, apparently the video has been taken down off the photobucket site. If you're interested in finding out what was going on, do a little Google search on the url. Major chatter about it across the county on all sorts of chatrooms.

Basically what it was showing was some idiot photographer kneeling down in the middle of a target line (between targets with his head about target head level) trying to get some good action shots, I'm guessing. Then, the line of shooters (obviously not seasoned shooters) are given the instruction to shoot the "little target" which most complied. Poor sap shooting the target right beside the photographer (only one didn't comply, the other just fired away) obviously didn't want to shoot live ammo only a couple of feet from the photographer's head, so he stands up (with his finger out of the trigger for "safety purposes"), does a 180 looking for someone with sense to yell cease fire and get the idiot out of harms way. Of course, after no one with sense is found (nor anyone yells at the guy for breaking the 180 with a loaded weapon), he turns around and decides he's going to shoot anyway, only from a standing position instead of a kneeling position like everyone else.

OMG, I thought I was going to die. I was actually looking for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell everyone they were being punked.

I cannot imagine any responsible training facility to condone this behavior. First of all the photographer could have been killed from a stray bullet fired by a nervous shooter. That was bad, but his stupidity for putting himself in that postion. But the idiot shooters could have been guilty of manslauter and lived the rest of their lives in jail because they blindly followed another idiot.

Major, major irresponsible.

Anyone ever heard anything about these folks? Scares me just thinking they could be training folks. Safety is the first and foremost rule to ALWAYS observe.

Berretta9
06-17-2009, 15:33
I guess they didn't want anyone to see their secret training meathods :rofl::rofl::rofl:

TreehugginGlock
06-17-2009, 16:08
Of course, it's probably lucky for the shooters and the training facility that it's off the site and unviewable now since faces were being shown. Ever heard of wonton endangerment? Seems to me that's a felony. Anyone care to chime in?

KYgundoc
06-17-2009, 19:27
I almost posted about this last night but I was too upset.
I think we have one of thier staff on GT Aaron can you give us a comment. I can understand some livefire training for the operators going over the pond but that guy that did the 180 with his gun was from a basic class or he would have just holstered. Aaron can you comment.

heavyfire7537
06-17-2009, 20:07
Some people have attributed that video to a class taught at Tactical Response. I have a hard time believing they would let that happen.

ijacek
06-17-2009, 22:12
deleted

Berretta9
06-18-2009, 04:55
Some people have attributed that video to a class taught at Tactical Response. I have a hard time believing they would let that happen.
Thats where the original poster said it was. In the comments he was making he was talking about how great it was and how safe because they knew what they were doing.

Berretta9
06-18-2009, 06:20
Here a pic of what was going on. Looks like the one guy could't believe it either. If you missed the whole thing it was really something......stupid.

GlockerMike
06-18-2009, 06:24
Just..... WOW!

Berretta9
06-18-2009, 06:28
Here's another

Berretta9
06-18-2009, 09:12
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/vupdblue/INGO%20AR%20Build%20Party%20December%2008/?action=view&current=MVI_1778.flv>

Here's the link to the whole video. There is even a few guys on Indiana Gun Owners .com who think this is good training.

heavyfire7537
06-18-2009, 14:00
I am NO fan of tactical response or it's staff. In fact I don't care for them at all. But is there proof they let this happen?

Berretta9
06-18-2009, 14:44
One of their former instructors in the Moderator on the Training section of Indiana Gun Owners .com . Yes it's them and this is not an isolated class for them.

oldschoolcj5
06-19-2009, 10:19
WOW is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I can't believe what I just saw! Thanks for posting the updated link Berretta9.

Berretta9
06-19-2009, 11:41
If you think that was bad, the guy who owns the place has posted another video trying to explain how awsome it is to get that kind of training, how unsafe driving is and then ends it all with some thing about they are looking for one true warrior. You can find it on www.Indianagunowners.com go to the traing section and look at page 8 of the thread on Pink Elephant.

alphacat
06-19-2009, 11:44
I saw that video and I'm glad they took it down..

Berretta9
06-19-2009, 12:22
It still up. Go to the site I referenced above and look at page one of the Pink Elephant thread

alphacat
06-19-2009, 12:30
Yep, there it is...
http://ingunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/40067-the_pink_elephant_t_r_video.html#post434215

kentuckysptpr
06-21-2009, 22:43
No excuse for this. No matter the circumstances, this is not even a little bit safe....... Just WOW!!!

pkn.glock23
06-22-2009, 00:01
Or here http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=db0_1245629888

Rikki
06-22-2009, 14:25
Leigh Ann! Don't get your panties in a wad (You're the only one here I CAN say that too!!!LOL)... These guys doing this training are the "only ones professional enough...OOPS!"
I know they tout this as high intensity training but I'm calling them on it!
They need to go get their grandkids and a bag of apples...you know, do the Robin Hood or was it William Tell thing, naw wasn't William Tell- he wrote the opening music to The Lone Ranger...anyhow I digress...

TreehugginGlock
06-22-2009, 15:30
Leigh Ann! Don't get your panties in a wad (You're the only one here I CAN say that too!!!LOL)... These guys doing this training are the "only ones professional enough...OOPS!"
I know they tout this as high intensity training but I'm calling them on it!
They need to go get their grandkids and a bag of apples...you know, do the Robin Hood or was it William Tell thing, naw wasn't William Tell- he wrote the opening music to The Lone Ranger...anyhow I digress...Rikki, not exactly the classiest thing you've ever said to me, but I've heard far worse over the years by others.

I believe that (other than a small handful of folks in Indiana that have been defending them) the national consensus is that these folks are crazy, an accident waiting to happen and most folks would never want to train with them. I say this because I have seen and read comments about this video (and the rebuttal) in chat rooms across the country and it has evoked far more heated comments than those that have been made on this thread. None of the true professional trainers that I know would ever condone this behavior. I'm sure their liability insurance companies (not to mention life insurance companies) would have a fit if they knew what they consider appropriate training methods.

To borrow a variation of an analogy that the trainer used in his rebuttal, if you stand in the emergency lane of a busy highway every day with cars flying past you at 65+ MPH, you are bound to get used to it eventually. Most folks would say you're pretty dumb and creating a dangerous situation. (Though you may disagree.) I say, that one day you may loose your balance at an inappropriate time and become a highway pancake (get a bullet between the eyes), loosing your life, destroying the life of the poor sap driving the car (or shooting the gun), and traumatizing all parties who witnessed the gruesome event just so you can prove that you're macho enough to show the world that the traffic (or bullets) doesn't bother you and you have become desensitized. Very irresponsible in my book.

Rikki
06-23-2009, 06:12
"Rikki, not exactly the classiest thing you've ever said to me"... Oh, I know, and I'm sorry-really- I just couldn't help it...You KNOW you're my favorite gal, and I'm STILL holding out hope that one of these days I can get down there and shoot with you.
LA- you're trying to apply logic to a completely illogical situation... anybody that thinks any part of that crap is "ok"... well, how you gonna reason with somebody like that?
Instead of using My or YOUR thoughts on this situation ask yourself WWLLD*

*What Would Lee Leonard Do?

TreehugginGlock
06-23-2009, 13:59
[QUOTE=Rikki;13230476]"Rikki, not exactly the classiest thing you've ever said to me"... Oh, I know, and I'm sorry-really- I just couldn't help it...You KNOW you're my favorite gal, and I'm STILL holding out hope that one of these days I can get down there and shoot with you.
LA- you're trying to apply logic to a completely illogical situation... anybody that thinks any part of that crap is "ok"... well, how you gonna reason with somebody like that? [QUOTE]

No worries. Hope you can make it down soon, too. BTW, we ARE shooting IDPA on the 4th of July. Perhaps you and the boys can come down that morning and exercise your right to bear arms on Independance Day. :patriot:

Yes, you're right, applying logic in this situation is like closing your door to an avalanche...pointless.

I'm just referring to some of the folks on the Indianagunowners chat room (see the pink elephant thread under their training section) that were actually defending this style of training (I use the term loosely.)

That being said, I think everyone is about tired of talking about this subject. :deadhorse:

Berretta9
06-24-2009, 06:51
not me

Ian
06-24-2009, 09:53
No wonder why Yeager is twitching so much:rofl:

heavyfire7537
06-26-2009, 05:38
Here is the link where you can listen to yeager and the photographer.

http://blog.yeagerscorner.com/2009/06/21/interview-with-the-downrange-photographer.aspx

Berretta9
06-26-2009, 20:33
Listened to it. Didn't change a thing for me. There was a guy on here that taught for them, he hasn't spoken a word on the subject here.

Houngan
07-02-2009, 14:48
Hideous. I've seen much, much better shooters with much, much more experience throw an AD, and that's all that needs to be said. Embarassing, frankly, that competition shooters would be associated with this.

H.

TreehugginGlock
07-02-2009, 19:00
Honestly, I'm not so sure these were competition shooters at all. All I can tell from the video is that it's a training class.

To be honest with you, I've never seen a competition shooter that would participate in something so abviously stupid, even the bad shooters. We all know there are times then we've fired off a round that missed the target. I've even seen Masters do it. I don't know anyone that would want to be having a bad shooting day with a live body on the target line inches from the target for no other good reason but for sh**s and giggles.

Houngan
07-03-2009, 09:13
I agree, I was just saying that the general public would associate this with competition shooters.

H.

TreehugginGlock
07-03-2009, 16:43
I agree, I was just saying that the general public would associate this with competition shooters.

H.Sadly, you are right. They erroneously would.

seanmcp
07-05-2009, 21:09
:faint:

'nuff said.

I'm all for realistic training but :wow: WOW is that insane.

Houngan
07-09-2009, 14:46
The only realism it provides is having a massive penalty for an errant shot. I propose they get the cameraman out of there, replace him with an IPSC target, and anyone who hits it gets beaten to within an inch of their life. Same result, less legal hassle.

H.