Muay Thai For Your Daughter? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Muay Thai For Your Daughter?

nat222
06-19-2009, 20:09
My daughter's turning 6 this year and Im thinking of enrolling her for a Muay Thai lesson. Is it appropriate for a 6 year old daughter for this kind of sport? Why muay thai? First of all, for her recreation and physical activity. Second, for self defense as she grows up(against pesteng manliligaw:steamed:). I find muay thai more realistic or more "pang kalye". Unlike taekwondo na puro legs lang, muay thai uses most or all of out body parts as weapon. Just dont know kung bagay sa daughter ko ito. If you are in my place, would you enroll your daughter in this sport?

Thanks in advance!

Allegra
06-19-2009, 21:35
For self defense, I'll teach my daughter track and field at shooting

edtf
06-20-2009, 00:43
My daughter's turning 6 this year and Im thinking of enrolling her for a Muay Thai lesson. Is it appropriate for a 6 year old daughter for this kind of sport? Why muay thai? First of all, for her recreation and physical activity. Second, for self defense as she grows up(against pesteng manliligaw:steamed:). I find muay thai more realistic or more "pang kalye". Unlike taekwondo na puro legs lang, muay thai uses most or all of out body parts as weapon. Just dont know kung bagay sa daughter ko ito. If you are in my place, would you enroll your daughter in this sport?

Thanks in advance!

I think that is too early. Why not biking, swimming or other social sports that you can indulge with her.

When it comes to pestering manliligaw's - that is what Dad's are for - Son I have a gun, shovel and a big back yard :D

edtf
06-20-2009, 00:44

Thanks in advance!

I think that is too early. Why not biking, swimming or other social sports that you can endulge with her.

When it comes to pestering manliligaw's - that is what Dad's are for - Son I have a gun, shovel and a big back yard :D

alphacat
06-20-2009, 01:42
I don't think I'd want to go up against a Muay Thai boxer even with a Glock...
That's a rough sport for a 6 year old.

nat222
06-20-2009, 05:52
I think that is too early. Why not biking, swimming or other social sports that you can endulge with her.

Hehehe!I like! Actually she's engage in her school's ballet lesson. But I find it boring. Now she likes to try taekwondo. Ok naman but parang puro sipa lang ng sipa. Track and field? Maybe. Atleast once a week we go to an oval where she loves to run. Can't introduce her to shooting since she would get intimidated by the bang.

Allegra
06-20-2009, 20:11
Hehehe!I like! Actually she's engage in her school's ballet lesson. But I find it boring. Now she likes to try taekwondo. Ok naman but parang puro sipa lang ng sipa. Track and field? Maybe. Atleast once a week we go to an oval where she loves to run. Can't introduce her to shooting since she would get intimidated by the bang.

re manliligaw
Yan muay thai , effective lang yan sa mga panget na manliligaw
Sa UP mo papasukin anak mo . It's the new exclusive school for girls heehee

9MX
06-21-2009, 01:13
re manliligaw

:rofl: daddy's ammo pa din ata ang da best

nat222
06-21-2009, 19:50
re manliligaw
Sa UP mo papasukin anak mo . It's the new exclusive school for girls heehee

hehehe! That's actually the reason. Pero kung ala Piolo, aba "Son, come in and lets have coffee"! hehehe

Allegra
06-22-2009, 08:06
Because of this thread , nag observe ako sa gym kanina ng mga nag muay na mga babae
Mukang effective nga talaga
Nakakatakot sila

superman79
06-22-2009, 08:52
JIU-JITSU is the best self defense for girls.. A lot would agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN8Y0jfVDqI