Sweet Tea [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Tea

alphacat
06-20-2009, 16:31
What's your favorite receipt?

I'd like to make some but I'm not sure how..

GT4494
06-20-2009, 16:46
Strong as you can get it and so sweet your teeth hurt. Thats how we do it where I live...:drink:

alphacat
06-20-2009, 18:45
Strong as you can get it and so sweet your teeth hurt. Thats how we do it where I live...:drink:

That's the way I like it but so far it's a little weak and not sweet enough, I'll have to keep trying new formulas until I get it drinkable.:tequila:

Blitzer
06-20-2009, 19:53
Make a simple syrup by adding 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of boiling water, allow to cool to room temp..

Use six tea bags to six cups of water, bring to a mild rolling boil, remove from heat and steep for 5 minutes, remove tea bags but don't squeeze the tea bags, it makes the tea bitter! Then stir in the simple syrup into hot tea and allow to cool, pour over ice, enjoy!

:drink:

CSnakes
06-20-2009, 19:56
Make a simple syrup by and 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of boiling water, allow to cool to room temp..

Use six tea bags to six cups of water, bring to a mild rolling boil, remove from heat and steep for 5 minutes, remove tea bags but don't squeeze the tea bags, it makes the tea bitter! Then stir in the simple syrup into hot tea and allow to cool, pour over ice, enjoy!

:drink:

This, but put 3 tea bags and one cup of sugar into the pot all at once... pour into a 1 gallon pitcher and fill with cold water, then refrigerate. Mom's recipe from way back.

I love sweet tea...

CSnakes

GT4494
06-20-2009, 20:15
Put a gallon of water on the stove (in a pan) bring to boil. Put 6-7 regular size teabags in it and go to work. When you get home pour it into the appropriate size container after putting 1-1 1/2 cups of sugar. Stir well and put in refrigerator. Drink when cool. :cool:

alphacat
06-24-2009, 14:31
Thanks, I'm going to try them all and keep the one I like....:drink:

MrsKitty
06-26-2009, 08:38
I use Luzianne tea bags ONLY.

4 QT size bags
hot tap water
~2 cups of water

Toss the sugar and tea bags into the pitcher. Add some hot tap water. Let it sit at least 20 minutes. Get the tea bags out and stir until the sugar is melted. Add cold water to fill pitcher.

Easy and tasty.