Central and Southern Utah questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Central and Southern Utah questions

MakeMineA10mm
06-21-2009, 21:00
I've posted a few times that I've been dreaming about central and southern Utah. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get there yet.

I may be looking for something impossible to get, and would like some info from the guys here who are nearby. Here's what I'm looking for:

* Someplace rural with immediate access to lots of forested land with enough privacy that I can shoot out my back door without safety worries (or anoying neighbors),
* can't be too far away from I-15,
* not to be in/on the desert, but don't mind deserts being nearby,
* looking at the range from as far North / East as Panguitch & Parowan to as far South and West as Hurrican & St. George. Obviously I don't want to be IN town, but I would like to be close enough to restaurants, grocery stores, etc.

When I look at maps, it seems like all the land in this area is either National Forest, desert, BLM land, or irrigated agriculture. I have seen a few rural subdivisions, but are there any ranches or country-like real estate in that area which meet the criteria above?

Openroadracer
07-06-2009, 16:18
Are you LDS? The areas that you mention run near 100%.

Timpinutah
07-07-2009, 12:45
You may want to look at the Duck Creek Village area. It a little drive from I-15 but it's high in the mountains and forested. It's about 29 miles from Cedar City.