Rant about Norton's. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rant about Norton's.

wprebeck
06-22-2009, 09:49
So, I currently chatting live with a guy about the issue...let you know how that works.

My gripe -

My subscription expired a day or so ago. I don't feel the need to renew it right now, and now the product (Internet Security 2008) won't run scans. Nor will Identity Safe run, and that's where I've got a lot of passwords and such saved.

I understand LiveUpdate is needed to stay current on the latest threats. But, in the past, I've still been able to run system scans and not lose any functionality of the product without a new subscription. Neither Identity Safe nor running a scan for older threats is dependent on UPDATING for new threats.

Is it me, or is Norton's just getting f-ing greedy now? If they don't fix this, I'll likely not deal with them anymore. There's plenty of other companies out there who have AV stuff.

IndyGunFreak
06-22-2009, 10:43
If they don't fix this, I'll likely not deal with them anymore.

I'm curious why you've dealt w/ them up to this point... There are plenty of more than adequate free antivirus programs out there.

IGF

ron59
06-23-2009, 08:00
Both Norton and McAfee totally suck, in my opinion... I think both Avast and AVG (with FREE) editions are superior in every way.

I will never pay for another subscription service when better versions are available for free.

IndyGunFreak
06-23-2009, 08:27
Both Norton and McAfee totally suck, in my opinion... I think both Avast and AVG (with FREE) editions are superior in every way.

I will never pay for another subscription service when better versions are available for free.

There's actually a couple of good antivirus programs that you pay for. Kaspersky always gets very high marks from its users.

I agree with you though, Avast, AVG, and Antivir, are more than adequate for most, especially for me consider what little I use Windoze...

IGF

solomansousana
06-23-2009, 13:43
As we all know, you don't actually buy the software, you just purchase a license to use it.