AT recommendations, please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AT recommendations, please

MB-G26
06-23-2009, 05:09
Well, my long-trusted BOclean has gone the the way of a whole 'security suite' by Comodo....and despite still being able to DL BOclean as a stand-alone, it appears the stand alone is NOT being updated.

I am not happy. I do NOT WANT to change firewalls, etc., such as would be required to do the whole 'suite' that BOclean is now integrated into. I don't mind paying for quality sw product, but I have no use for their now-payware 'bundle' suite - thus, the last update on trojan, etc., sigs my install of BOclean has is dated 5/26. Not good.

Any recommendations for a stand-alone AT that is frequently updated? Doesn't have to be freeway or similar, but I simply am not interested in re-gearing my whole setup just because my AT has been absorbed and incorporated into a payware 'security suite' for which I have neither interest or use as a whole.

TIA,
m

grokdesigns
06-23-2009, 09:30
For real-time anti-malwaren scanning, I recommend Malwarebyte's Anti-malware (http://malwarebytes.org/). You can use the free version as a manual scanner, or pony up $25 for background scanning and scheduled scans.