Russia and China Dominate in Air Supremacy? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Russia and China Dominate in Air Supremacy?

Blitzer
06-23-2009, 06:57
Both countries have now surpassed US superiority? :wow: :crying: :whistling: :dunno:

Video (http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=193167&page=1)

chuckman
06-23-2009, 07:29
Russia makes some great aircraft, but "air supremacy" or "air superiority" to me means having the training and pilots to make use of it. Historically, Russia has used centralized C&C, allowing for little individual deviation from top-heavy, doctrine-established tactics. China is that way, too, but I do not know Russia is still like that after the fall of the USSR. Still, that is some cool video, and an awesome aircraft.

DJ Niner
06-24-2009, 01:34
Russia makes some great aircraft, but "air supremacy" or "air superiority" to me means having the training and pilots to make use of it. Historically, Russia has used centralized C&C, allowing for little individual deviation from top-heavy, doctrine-established tactics. China is that way, too, but I do not know Russia is still like that after the fall of the USSR. Still, that is some cool video, and an awesome aircraft.I agree. Having a gun doesn't make you a gunfighter, nor does possessing a piano endow concert pianist skills.