Wanna see a Polar bear killing a Walrus? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wanna see a Polar bear killing a Walrus?

Dogbite
06-23-2009, 10:16
I stumbled across this and thought you guys might want to see it. Its incredible.

http://www.extremescience.com/PolarBear.htm

slewfoot
06-23-2009, 10:22
It's such a cuddly animal. I can see why the limp wristers love this warm and fuzzy animal. Golly, why is the ice all red????:upeyes:

CanyonMan
06-26-2009, 11:22
We don't see much of that out here in West Texas.....

CanyonMan

Tennessee Slim
06-26-2009, 11:35
It's good to be the apex predator.

Free Radical
06-26-2009, 11:57
In the airport at Anchorage they have a couple of glass cases containing a stuffed polar bear and a stuffed grizzly bear. They are both easily over 8' tall. It's a pretty humbling experience to stand there and look up at those monsters. You know that you would last about one second against either of them.

gruntmedik
06-26-2009, 15:43
In the airport at Anchorage they have a couple of glass cases containing a stuffed polar bear and a stuffed grizzly bear. They are both easily over 8' tall. It's a pretty humbling experience to stand there and look up at those monsters. You know that you would last about one second against either of them.

Yep, I've seen the very ones you're talking about.

slewfoot
06-26-2009, 15:48

They had a mounted Grizzly there when I went through in '68, on my way to RVN.

Tennessee Slim
06-26-2009, 18:07
When I was a kid, the Tennessee State Museum in BNAshville had a stuffed polar bear, standing erect on its hind legs. They've since traded it to the Children's Museum in Oak Ridge, Tn., for a mock-up of an atom bomb.

Dogbite
06-26-2009, 21:42
Yep, I've seen the very ones you're talking about.

Yep, I was born in Fairbanks, and raised in Anchorage.