Vcdl [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vcdl

MCYGlock20
06-25-2009, 15:17
are any of you members of the VCDL? I am interested in obtaining a rifle thru the Civiliam Marksmanship Program. and if you belong to the VCDL you are able to do so

Scott30
06-25-2009, 15:50
Great organization. They do good things all over VA. IIRC my membership is $10 a year

www.vcdl.org

watsoncb
06-25-2009, 20:09
I am a VCL member. You can get a DCM garrand through my VCL membership !?

vafish
06-26-2009, 13:59
I am a VCL member. You can get a DCM garrand through my VCL membership !?

One of the requirements to getting a CMP rifle is membership in a CMP affiliated shooting organization. VCDL is CMP affiliated. You still have to show competitive shooting experience as well.

Here are the CMP requirements:

http://www.thecmp.org/eligibility.htm

MCYGlock20
06-26-2009, 15:47
Thanks

watsoncb
06-26-2009, 16:03
One of the requirements to getting a CMP rifle is membership in a CMP affiliated shooting organization. VCDL is CMP affiliated. You still have to show competitive shooting experience as well.

Here are the CMP requirements:

http://www.thecmp.org/eligibility.htm

If I read the qualifications correctly, for the firearms portion my Virginia CCW permit and my police academy certifications should get me there.

I am a US citizen, over 21 and bug ugly.

RedKnightt
07-13-2009, 13:09
If I read the qualifications correctly, for the firearms portion my Virginia CCW permit and my police academy certifications should get me there.

I am a US citizen, over 21 and bug ugly.

Your Virginia CHP is the only thing needed for the "Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity" portion of the eligibility. Membership in VCDL or a club like the Garand Collectors Association fulfills the "Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization" portion. Beyond that, you just need to be legally allowed to buy a gun, write them a check, and wait 4-6 months :)

watsoncb
07-13-2009, 20:25
Cool beans. The application is in the mail.

Now where did I store those Garrand clips? :)

glockpacker
07-18-2009, 20:27
I moved to Florida in '01, but Phillip Van Cleave will always be one of my heros, and I will forever be a paying member of VCDL. I know other Florida/Virginians that are the same way.

If you live in Virginia, and own a gun, you should be a member of the VCDL, and go to their open-carry picnics and open carry.