Photo Processors [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Photo Processors

blueiron
07-01-2009, 17:03
Does anyone have a recommendation for a photo processor to do enlargements?

I am looking for someone who delivers what they say they will, when they say they will. My former local photo processor has turned into a bunch of morons who take 5 days [instead of the 24 hours or less promised] to get out a single 11x14 enlargement from a digital image.

I don't care where they are as long as they under promise and over deliver the product.

Thanks.

MrsKitty
07-01-2009, 19:16
Are you a member at Costco or Sam's? I have heard that some Costco stores are incredible. They're cheap enough to try out and see.

blueiron
07-01-2009, 21:05
Are you a member at Costco or Sam's? I have heard that some Costco stores are incredible. They're cheap enough to try out and see.

I am, but I never shop there. The place is too much of a madhouse.

I need a place to send real photo work, not just the family vacation shots. My in-town processor has screwed me over for the final time.

nipperwolf
07-02-2009, 10:21
I've never used them, but I see a lot of good comments about www.mpix.com

Glkster19
07-02-2009, 18:45
Buy your own printer. Print what you want, how you want and when you want. Job isn't done on time, blame only yourself.

And yes it can be somewhat more expensive than having it done but you have no issues with people not delivering your photos. A photo doesn't turn out as well as you thought it would, re-edit and re-print all in a matter of minutes.

I have a Canon Pixma Pro and love it. I've heard great reviews on the Epson printers as well.

MrsKitty
07-02-2009, 18:49
I am, but I never shop there. The place is too much of a madhouse.

I need a place to send real photo work, not just the family vacation shots. My in-town processor has screwed me over for the final time.

It's not unusual for pro's to use Costco for their printing.

I had Adorama do a bunch of 8x10's for me on various papers to compare. I was very pleased with them.

blueiron
07-03-2009, 00:29
Buy your own printer. Print what you want, how you want and when you want. Job isn't done on time, blame only yourself.

And yes it can be somewhat more expensive than having it done but you have no issues with people not delivering your photos. A photo doesn't turn out as well as you thought it would, re-edit and re-print all in a matter of minutes.

I have a Canon Pixma Pro and love it. I've heard great reviews on the Epson printers as well.

Film.

Glkster19
07-03-2009, 07:18
Sorry, saw the comment about an 11x14 from a digital image and never thought of film.

DeadMansLife
07-11-2009, 18:00